SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

47 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

M Mitchell with another 5 tonight ( 3 and 2). He’s going nuts right now. Best player in the USHL and it’s not that close. We need to bring him back.

Don’t think the President of the University will change his mind.

• Upvote 1

On 3/11/2022 at 10:16 PM, tnt said:

Don’t think the President of the University will change his mind.

Another goal and assist last night. As a dman, he leads the toughest junior A league in NA by a country mile. No one else is close. His goal total, as a dman, is absurd.

23 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Another goal and assist last night. As a dman, he leads the toughest junior A league in NA by a country mile. No one else is close. His goal total, as a dman, is absurd.

You assume a great deal, such as UND being interested (the president removed him) and the player wanting to go back to where he was booted. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

You assume a great deal, such as UND being interested (the president removed him) and the player wanting to go back to where he was booted. 

Right. Especially the latter point.  Would Miller want to come anywhere close to UND after they cut bait and hung him out to dry?  I wouldn’t.

2 hours ago, ChadR said:

Haven't heard much about Max Strand from Roseau on this board. Just won Mr. Hockey in MN. Has 6 pts in the NAHL since HS season is over. Is there any interest?

I'm honestly kind of shocked he won Mr. Hockey. I watched Roseau 3 times and he was solid but didn't jump off the screen like you'd expect a sure fire D1 guy to. Kind of lets things come to him and sometimes that just doesn't happen where the top guys you usually see them go out and make it happen.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I full get that he’s 99% not coming back. I’m more shocked at the amount of talent that could have been on this team.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

I'm honestly kind of shocked he won Mr. Hockey. I watched Roseau 3 times and he was solid but didn't jump off the screen like you'd expect a sure fire D1 guy to. Kind of lets things come to him and sometimes that just doesn't happen where the top guys you usually see them go out and make it happen.

Well…hockey is my first love and the MN state tourney had a LOT of talent…. Goaltending was awesome. Lou Nanne has been announcing 58 years. In the 3rd period of the Maple Grove Andover championship game he said it was the game of the decade, maybe longer, in the state tournament…. I believe there were 4 Mr. Hockey finalists between the 2 teams. They were all great players.

1 hour ago, SpudsSioux said:

Sam Laurila from Moorhead got an invite to the NTDP tryout camp as a Bantam AA.  He was up for Pee Wee player of the year in Minnesota and now up for Bantam AA as well.  Hope we're in on him!

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_article/show/1213813

That's quite an honor for Sam. I hope he has a great camp! Thanks for the head's up, @SpudsSioux.

2 hours ago, SpudsSioux said:

Sam Laurila from Moorhead got an invite to the NTDP tryout camp as a Bantam AA.  He was up for Pee Wee player of the year in Minnesota and now up for Bantam AA as well.  Hope we're in on him!

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_article/show/1213813

Yeah but do we want him? If we don’t get him stoney so will say we don’t want him

1 hour ago, ChadR said:

Is his dad Tim that played for Michigan Tech?

Yup! Tim actually coaches that team with Matt Cullen. There are a few kids to keep an eye on there. Obviously Laurila is very very good, but Garrett Lindberg is also very good. Reminds me of Troy Stecher.