SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I like Erick Comstock too, reminds me a little of Aaron Ness. Smaller smooth skater with offensive skill, believe he is cousins with Duluth defenseman Wyatt Kaiser.

He is. I taught school in Warroad with his grandparents Blane and Deanna Comstock. Remember dad Derrick very well.

13 hours ago, ChadR said:

Warroad has a couple really good Sophs:

Murray Marvin-Cordes (on the smaller side right now but real good. Grandson of Cal Marvin)

Ryan Lund (Defenseman - already 6'2" 190 and put up 25 pts so far)

I like the Lund kid especially after yesterday’s game. Going to be a monster 

• Upvote 1

That Gardner kid from Warroad looks good too. He has to be the brother of UND womens hockey player Kayla Gardner, he looks just like her.

Not sure where he is headed. Needs to add a little more size but kid can play.

Update:

Sounds like he is headed to Clarkson. Clarkson:huh:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crb1 said:

That Gardner kid from Warroad looks good too. He has to be the brother of UND womens hockey player Kayla Gardner, he looks just like her.

Not sure where he is headed. Needs to add a little more size but kid can play.

Update:

Sounds like he is headed to Clarkson. Clarkson:huh:

I think Clarkson has good academics; maybe there is an academic program there that he likes.

8 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I have no insight as to what the coaches have offered or have not but it would appear that we absolutely dropped the ball on getting Shaaughby from Warroad. 

I’m not sure we are doing much of offering kids playing high school hockey at all. All of our recruits are coming from junior hockey mostly. The last recruits we’ve gotten from high school hockey were legacy’s so it was pretty obvious. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I have no insight as to what the coaches have offered or have not but it would appear that we absolutely dropped the ball on getting Shaaughby from Warroad. 

Him and Gardner both look like they would fit in well in the green, black, and white.

People should go back and look at all the threads from past state high school tournaments saying who the coaches should have got and many of the names should be on milk cartons.  I remember way back people were hand wringing over losing guys like Jon Ammerman to St. Cloud and Jay Hardwick to Duluth.  Look at their college stats.    Remember the cry for Donte Lawson and Garrett Worth?   Remember the days when all the Finalists for Minnesota Mr. Hockey were already committed?  With all of the teams in Minnesota and everyone else who recruits Minnesota, you would think there wouldn't be any that hadn't verballed, especially when some colleges have to get to them early if they want any chance at them.   Unless it is an absolute no brainer, I am fine waiting to see some of these guys play junior hockey.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, crb1 said:

He's playing against kids who are younger, slower, smaller, and less talented as he's in HS hockey, and Class A, no less. I think Shaugaby will be a solid college hockey player, but if we are upset about not landing him in 4 years, I'll be pretty surprised. 

2 hours ago, tnt said:

People should go back and look at all the threads from past state high school tournaments saying who the coaches should have got and many of the names should be on milk cartons.  I remember way back people were hand wringing over losing guys like Jon Ammerman to St. Cloud and Jay Hardwick to Duluth.  Look at their college stats.    Remember the cry for Donte Lawson and Garrett Worth?   Remember the days when all the Finalists for Minnesota Mr. Hockey were already committed?  With all of the teams in Minnesota and everyone else who recruits Minnesota, you would think there wouldn't be any that hadn't verballed, especially when some colleges have to get to them early if they want any chance at them.   Unless it is an absolute no brainer, I am fine waiting to see some of these guys play junior hockey.  

I don't remember the cry for Lawson. He had a great tournament but there were obvious flaws. Even Worth people loved his goal scoring ability but questioned his defense. There aren't near as many questions with guys like Shaugabay, Gardner, or Bump this year which is why they are already committed to other places. I like our class we have coming in next season but I would like to see us get back to being more aggressive in going after the MN high school prospects.

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He's playing against kids who are younger, slower, smaller, and less talented as he's in HS hockey, and Class A, no less. I think Shaugaby will be a solid college hockey player, but if we are upset about not landing him in 4 years, I'll be pretty surprised. 

I liked him last year but he has taken another jump this season, he will be a really really solid player for Duluth. Will be fun to see him and the rest of the Warrior prospects tomorrow against Hermantown and their talent.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I don't remember the cry for Lawson. He had a great tournament but there were obvious flaws. Even Worth people loved his goal scoring ability but questioned his defense. There aren't near as many questions with guys like Shaugabay, Gardner, or Bump this year which is why they are already committed to other places. I like our class we have coming in next season but I would like to see us get back to being more aggressive in going after the MN high school prospects.

There are questions about shaugabay…bump and gardner committed elsewhere prior to their big 18 year old (playing HS hockey) seasons. 

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

M Mitchell with another 5 tonight ( 3 and 2). He’s going nuts right now. Best player in the USHL and it’s not that close. We need to bring him back.

He'd be a high end replacement for Sanderson, for sure.
I wonder if any colleges are coming calling.