SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

He was removed by the university President, not Berry. It’s not as simple as Berry giving him a second chance because it wasn’t his decision to remove him in the first place. 

Also, my answer is no. UND doesn’t need the PR nightmare this would be. 

Exactly.  Our student section did a chant for a Western player that wasn't even there, how often would Miller, and his teammates have to hear chants week in and week out, never mind the media questions.   If the coaches did indeed have misgivings about Morrow, they should feel the same and then some with the Miller situation. 

9 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We don't have a D man ready, IMO. I think it'll be a portal guy.

Speaking of which, I imagine as more seasons are ending that we should start seeing some names entering the portal. 

On 3/3/2022 at 1:12 PM, scpa0305 said:

Wonder if Bubs could flip Alex Bump out of PL? No way he ends up at Vermont 

I was talkin to a guy on my hockey team who mentioned that Motzko was at the PL/Chaska game last week to watch Bump, as well as some NHL scouts. No way he ends up at Vermont, it would be am absolute steal.

He will absolutely get more offers, I just hope Bubs is take a close look.

48 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I was talkin to a guy on my hockey team who mentioned that Motzko was at the PL/Chaska game last week to watch Bump, as well as some NHL scouts. No way he ends up at Vermont, it would be am absolute steal.

I think Vermont would have to release him from his letter of intent, as I believe it is signed. 

Speaking of needs at defense next year, one potential unpleasant off-season surprise would be another of the top four getting a nice offer.  They have all been pretty impressive down the stretch. 

2 minutes ago, jk said:

Speaking of needs at defense next year, one potential unpleasant off-season surprise would be another of the top four getting a nice offer.  They have all been pretty impressive down the stretch. 

All would learn well from Matt K. ;) 

6 hours ago, tnt said:

I think Vermont would have to release him from his letter of intent, as I believe it is signed. 

This is correct.

I would guess part of the reason he is going to Vermont is that he can go right there next season. I'd say it is more likely he heads to Vermont next year and maybe ends up in the portal after a successful season if he wants to go to a more relevant program or get closer to home.

7 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Motzko was there and I'm sure he noticed Bump but he has singed his NLI. Motzko was there to watch Gopher commit Sam Rinzel as well as some other guys like Chaska Sophomores Sam Scheetz and Tanner Bruender among others.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Motzko was there and I'm sure he noticed Bump but he has singed his NLI. Motzko was there to watch Gopher commit Sam Rinzel as well as some other guys like Chaska Sophomores Sam Scheetz and Tanner Bruender among others.

Bruender is expected to go the MJ route. He's from Portland and was drafted by the Winterhawks.

EDIT: his older sister attends/attended UND, though, so if he goes college we have a shot.

40 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Bruender is expected to go the MJ route. He's from Portland and was drafted by the Winterhawks.

EDIT: his older sister attends/attended UND, though, so if he goes college we have a shot.

He does follow UND hockey which is the only college team he follows

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Didn't know he had already signed his NLI. I clearly don't look close enough at that stuff.

21 hours ago, tnt said:

Exactly.  Our student section did a chant for a Western player that wasn't even there, how often would Miller, and his teammates have to hear chants week in and week out, never mind the media questions.   If the coaches did indeed have misgivings about Morrow, they should feel the same and then some with the Miller situation. 

I’d give the kid a chance. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, jk said:

If somebody offers, it would most likely be just to get them in their system, which means they would still need to develop.   Kleven might be one that Ottawa wants in their system, but with Sanderson going there, making the big club would be very difficult.  Frisch, being a free agent is probably the most likely to leave should he get an attractive offer.  Moore and Jandric still have a ways to go physically and just experience wise in a top role, but I've seen strange decisions before.   

2 hours ago, tnt said:

If somebody offers, it would most likely be just to get them in their system, which means they would still need to develop.   Kleven might be one that Ottawa wants in their system, but with Sanderson going there, making the big club would be very difficult.  Frisch, being a free agent is probably the most likely to leave should he get an attractive offer.  Moore and Jandric still have a ways to go physically and just experience wise in a top role, but I've seen strange decisions before.   

One point that I think needs to be made regarding Kleven is the number of young good D recruits in the Senators system right now (not counting Tychonik as a good D recruit).  I agree that they may want Kleven in the system, and with the way that the NCHC refs officiate, I would not be surprised if he decided to move on from college hockey.  I think he could benefit from the time to develop further at UND, and he may not want to be in their system right now.  I think he will make a great 3rd D pair for some NHL team in the future.  If his rights get traded on draft day, that may make things more interesting.

2 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

One point that I think needs to be made regarding Kleven is the number of young good D recruits in the Senators system right now (not counting Tychonik as a good D recruit).  I agree that they may want Kleven in the system, and with the way that the NCHC refs officiate, I would not be surprised if he decided to move on from college hockey.  I think he could benefit from the time to develop further at UND, and he may not want to be in their system right now.  I think he will make a great 3rd D pair for some NHL team in the future.  If his rights get traded on draft day, that may make things more interesting.

If you're not going to see time in the big show, might as well stay in the best environment and keep working towards your degree.  Everyone says UND is like a professional environment, so make use of the facilities, get in more practice time rather than constantly riding a bus, and enjoy being young and in college where you are kind of a big thing on campus, which doesn't hurt with the opposite sex. 

• Upvote 2

Wouldn't mind Berry taking a shot at flipping Gardner from Warroad. Don't believe he has signed a NLI as eliteprospects has him headed to Clarkson in 23/24. He skates pretty well with good size, not as skilled but reminds me a little of Brock Nelson out there.

5 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Wouldn't mind Berry taking a shot at flipping Gardner from Warroad. Don't believe he has signed a NLI as eliteprospects has him headed to Clarkson in 23/24. He skates pretty well with good size, not as skilled but reminds me a little of Brock Nelson out there.

I see he has signed his NLI actually but if he plays juniors next year does his NLI matter? I thought NLI's were only valid for a limited time like a year.