SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Would love Danny Nelson, just don’t think he’d come here. Perrealt is a super stud, No chance with him.

I do know that Nelson was here for a visit in January or February. Sure would be nice to win a recruiting battle for a Cities kid! 

51 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I do know that Nelson was here for a visit in January or February. Sure would be nice to win a recruiting battle for a Cities kid! 

Let's hope it wasn't against Cornell or the US. National Development team!

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Curious that it's not considered poaching or tampering.

I guess I don’t see why it would be. They aren’t governed under the same governing body (USA Hockey vs Hockey Canada), and it seems there is no agreement in place about this. It just gives kids options. 

27 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Sioux City just drafted Cole Spicer in the 8th round (pick 121) of phase II … worth a shot I guess .. 

And former US NTDP guy Ryan St Louis (presently at Northeastern U) got selected in the first round! 

Why am I snickering? 

Oh, now I remember why ... this! 

https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/32660-2022-23-university-of-north-dakota-hockey-season/page/40/?tab=comments#comment-1239904

Stats for comparison:
St Louis https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=228230 
Spicer https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=238292 

Ryan St Louis "is" Cole Spicer plus one year of age to the day (meaning height, weight, stats) and St Louis is going from college to the USHL

10 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I guess I don’t see why it would be. They aren’t governed under the same governing body (USA Hockey vs Hockey Canada), and it seems there is no agreement in place about this. It just gives kids options. 

If there's no agreements, laisse faire. < shrug > 

42 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If there's no agreements, laisse faire. < shrug > 

Kind of like how the CHL tries to poach players from college hockey, and some of their methods are far from upfront. 

6 minutes ago, tnt said:

Tyson Dyck drafted in the 11th round.  I assume Youngstown figured that was worth a shot, especially if he chooses a college sometime soon. 

So you're saying we're into "Bradshaw to Harris ... incomplete ... no, wait, TD Steelers!" (against the Raiders) time? 

We'll draw out the "olds" with that reference, won't we. ;) 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

So you're saying we're into "Bradshaw to Harris ... incomplete ... no, wait, TD Steelers!" (against the Raiders) time? 

We'll draw out the "olds" with that reference, won't we. ;) 

Got me thinking back on it.  And trying to recall who the pass was intended for.