SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

24 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

UND didn’t get anywhere near 10K at the X on Friday…what makes you think there would be that many in St. Louis?

Attendance was listed as about 8700…that would be close to half of the X.  The lower bowl and club level looked about 1/3 full.  Upper deck was closed.  I’d be surprised if they sell out in St Louis but hope they do.

14 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Attendance was listed as about 8700…that would be close to half of the X.  The lower bowl and club level looked about 1/3 full.  Upper deck was closed.  I’d be surprised if they sell out in St Louis but hope they do.

I thought it was already sold out 

27 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I thought it was already sold out 

If I remember correctly, each school is allotted 250 or 500 tickets. UND will sell their through the Champions Club. I would guess the other 3 schools will probably not sell their complete allotment and either turn their tickets back in or if they have good relations with the other teams can give(sell) them to another school. 

The tickets not in this allotment look to have already been sold but I would check the site again this week because if the tickets are turned back in by the schools they will be available to purchase.

I would also check with the other 3 schools and see how they are selling their tickets....especially if the demand is not there for them to sell through them. You may be able to purchase them directly from those schools....I have done this in the past.

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

If I remember correctly, each school is allotted 250 or 500 tickets. UND will sell their through the Champions Club. I would guess the other 3 schools will probably not sell their complete allotment and either turn their tickets back in or if they have good relations with the other teams can give(sell) them to another school. 

The tickets not in this allotment look to have already been sold but I would check the site again this week because if the tickets are turned back in by the schools they will be available to purchase.

I would also check with the other 3 schools and see how they are selling their tickets....especially if the demand is not there for them to sell through them. You may be able to purchase them directly from those schools....I have done this in the past.

I’m actually holding out to see if they make it to St Paul. Thanks for the info though 

2 hours ago, tnt said:

So now UND is a heavy team.  Do they just go by what they remember from past years?

2 hours ago, dden3 said:

Yep. No idea what they’re talking about 

Those idiots could have just held up a sign that says we have no idea what we are talking about. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I’m actually holding out to see if they make it to St Paul. Thanks for the info though 

Yep. Me too. Cancelled Sioux Falls hotel rooms, still have St. Paul

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Those idiots could have just held up a sign that says we have no idea what we are talking about. 

Bucci also said that Denver won the conference championship. Poor choice of words. They won the tournament championship, and not the conference. I’m a little salty over it.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Bucci also said that Denver won the conference championship. Poor choice of words. They won the tournament championship, and not the conference. I’m a little salty over it.

he has no inkling of a clue that they are different.

We'll see how the attendance at the regionals does now with the brackets filled, but this was a year with lots of potential for the current system, only to be thwarted lower seeded host teams sending higher seed (including 2 #1 seeds) to the other side of the country.  Denver (which really had no natural regional, but...) to Springfield, Mass., while Boston U (less than 100 miles from Springfield) to Sioux Falls, SD.  Meanwhile, Iowa women (with the most famous BB player in the country right now) got to play an opening round NCAA game at home on Saturday, which they won, and will host another one tonight.

14 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Does @jimdahl have the bracket up yet? 

Done! 

I'll be a little slow on score updates because I'm taking the kids on a spring break trip, but will bring my laptop and try to update at least once a day! 

28 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Gotta admit I’m thrilled of our game time for viewing ease. Sucks for DU fans having to maneuver a Thursday at noon local time game. That sucks.  

Think how the bars would be in forks at that time

2 hours ago, Langster019 said:

Gotta admit I’m thrilled of our game time for viewing ease. Sucks for DU fans having to maneuver a Thursday at noon local time game. That sucks.  

Gotta suck for those 4 DU fans 

• Upvote 1

I wish UND would bid to host at the Ralph every year.  Stop the biding to host at Scheels and in Sioux Falls.  Feeling like they are letting the NCAA off the hook, by bidding for neutral sites.  UND and only a few others are the only ones place bids.  If no one placed neutral site bids they would have to allow hosting at home arenas.

Besides we have not had much luck when hosting in Sioux falls or Scheels.

13 minutes ago, Kab said:

You would,think schools would figure out bidding and get only one bid per year for the west 

I don't know how much work it is to host; generally a school does not do it every year.  So in this scenario, are you saying a group of western schools (maybe 4 or so) just take turns bidding their own arena and no one puts in a competing bid? 

5 hours ago, Dustin said:

I don't know how much work it is to host; generally a school does not do it every year.  So in this scenario, are you saying a group of western schools (maybe 4 or so) just take turns bidding their own arena and no one puts in a competing bid? 

That would be my thought

or let the schools put in bids that are in their home rink so all bids are home school bids 

• Upvote 1