SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

11 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I feel like the doomsday scenario changes depending on the coach though.

There were yearly threads calling for replacing Hakstol on here.
There are yearly threads calling for replacing Berry on here.

With Hakstol, everyone claimed he couldn't get the team over the last hump, despite leading them to countless F4.
With Berry, everyone claims he can't get the team motivated to make a run in the NCAA tourney...and his first title was Hakstol's team.

In truth, any coach is going to face a tough crowd here on ss.com, unless they win a title every 2-3 years.  ;)

I deleted my original post by accident after trying to edit it.  Obviously the records I listed depend on UND losing to Michigan tomorrow.  

If DU pulls out a semifinal win over UND in 2016, is there really any question on Berry’s performance being WORSE than Hakstol’s? 

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I deleted my original post by accident after trying to edit it.  Obviously the records I listed depend on UND losing to Michigan tomorrow.  

If DU pulls out a semifinal win over UND in 2016, is there really any question on Berry’s performance being WORSE than Hakstol’s? 

Nope 

Just now, RhettRingers said:

Morrow is pretty smooth. Probably couldn't have handled the pressure though here.

Didn’t want him ;) in all seriousness papa morrow is nuts supposedly 

• Upvote 1

Just now, RhettRingers said:

Morrow is pretty smooth. Probably couldn't have handled the pressure though here.

I was wondering if he was our Morrow. Looks very smooth

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Really going into hypothetical situations here.  :D 
But for sure.  Hakstol had some of the best NCAA tourney success in college hockey history, not just among UND coaches.  He just couldn't win that last game.  The number of F4 he went to in his tenure is absurd.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Who is that. I can’t recall his name. He has called a few UND regionals. I think he is a Michigan guy. He should be familiar with DU too. 

Matvick has called quite a few UND regionals.
Probably the most memorable was the UND/Minn game when Porter scored the wraparound goal in OT.  :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Can’t play D :) 

Heard from a reliable source that he was a "me" first guy. Probably wouldn't have meshed well with our culture. Also heard his dad was trying to be overly involved with everything.