SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

1 minute ago, tnt said:

So now UND is a heavy team.  Do they just go by what they remember from past years?

Yep. No idea what they’re talking about 

5 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Yes does michigan scare you?

Anyone that has a ton of NHL talent scares me.  If we can give up 6 and 7 goals against performances against CC and Omaha, we can get lit up with the best power play unit of Michigan.  Nobody was afraid of Notre Dame a couple years ago either.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bcblues said:

Mrs Blues wants to go to the game. We already have tickets for the F4. What are chances of getting tickets for regionals?

Guessing UND will give its ticket allotment to STH that are interested in going. Otherwise it’ll probably be a premium to buy from the secondary market scalpers.

1 minute ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Guessing UND will give its ticket allotment to STH that are interested in going. Otherwise it’ll probably be a premium to buy from the secondary market scalpers.

Yes, I see that. I can't even find two tickets. :(

5 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

It’s by Champions Club status points, but yeah. 

I hate to say it, but I think with UND’s fall in seeding, we set Minnesota up to get to the Frozen Four in their back yard.  Unlike UND, Minnesota will be ready for Omaha.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

If only there wasn’t a 10,000 seat arena across the river from this arena. :whistling: 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-to-play-michigan-in-first-round-of-ncaa-tournament

Michigan is led by Big Ten Player of the Year Gavin Brindley, who has 51 points in 37 games. Rutger McGroarty, a first-round pick of the Winnipeg Jets, has 52 points in 33 games this season.

Michigan's other prolific players include defenseman Seamus Casey (45 points), forward Dylan Duke (44), forward T.J. Hughes (44) and first-round Chicago Blackhawks pick Frank Nazar III (39).

The Wolverines' goaltender is Canisius transfer Jacob Barczewski (.907 save percentage).

Michigan has the No. 2-ranked offense, averaging 4.22 goals per game, and the NCAA's No. 1-ranked power play, converting at 35.3 percent.

Dang, 35% PP.  Stay out of the box is an understatement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Doesn’t Lindenwood play their games in the same rink? How can they host if so?

Yes they do, because the committee relaxed the requirements so there can be more bids in the west for the west and Midwest regionals. 

12 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Yes they do, because the committee relaxed the requirements so there can be more bids in the west for the west and Midwest regionals. 

Then why isn’t the Ralph in play? 

31 minutes ago, cberkas said:

If only there wasn’t a 10,000 seat arena across the river from this arena. :whistling: 

UND didn’t get anywhere near 10K at the X on Friday…what makes you think there would be that many in St. Louis?

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Doesn’t Lindenwood play their games in the same rink? How can they host if so?

Schools can host on campus if there are no other bids. Notre Dame hosted a regional on campus (2015, I believe) because no one else bothered to put in a bid.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Schools can host on campus if there are no other bids. Notre Dame hosted a regional on campus (2015, I believe) because no one else bothered to put in a bid.

Oh yeah I remember that now. Thanks