SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

7 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

I have two tickets for the Maryland Heights Regional that I cannot use due to a family issue.  This regional was close, so I bought tickets early.  They are in Section 123 Row 1 - Seats  1&2.  Obviously great seats on the glass.  I have been going to the Frozen four for over 35 years, and will be in St. Paul to watch some great hockey whoever ends up there.  Do not post on here much due to most of the content of the posters, especially in the game tabs.  If UND is in Maryland Heights, and you want these tickets for cost ($120), please PM me and I will transfer them to you through ticketmaster.

Thank you for the generous offer, yes I will definitely take them if UND is in Maryland Heights.  Sorry you will not be able to attend.  

30 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Doesn’t matter.  We have folks complaining about the small rink where UND is going…the attendance issue works both ways.  

I'm not complaining about the rink, it'll host the regional just fine, with plenty of tickets to spare.

I'm more on edge that the NCAA/coaches are fine with letting regionals get played in front of crowds that would make a youth t ball team blush.

*Also on edge that the boys had great seats for Sam Hunt....sigh...

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm not complaining about the rink, it'll host the regional just fine, with plenty of tickets to spare.

I'm more on edge that the NCAA/coaches are fine with letting regionals get played in front of crowds that would make a youth t ball team blush.

Yeah, it's definitely time to get the regionals back on campus.  I know Mafia enjoyed his time at Yost Arena back in the day.(1998?)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I wonder what the field would look like if “L16” (record in last sixteen games) was still a PWR factor. 

Would much prefer the old TUC category to last 16. Last 16 too dependent on schedule strength. Record against winning teams should matter similar to Q1 and Q2 wins in basketball. Also not sure such a strict adherence to PWR is needed. It was originally a set if criteria that teams were compared by, now an actual ranking in and of itself. Even now RPI has a heavy thumb on scale and with the changes on OT in past decade bow sure how to even really treat OT games any more. 

31 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hope they weren't "given" tickets as that might be an NCAA viloation which could lead to this season's appearance in the tournament vacated.  Either way no one will know there were in it.

19 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, it's definitely time to get the regionals back on campus.  I know Mafia enjoyed his time at Yost Arena back in the day.(1998)

mafia.jpg.79fabad16f97c6df745453e7c991d40e.jpg

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, it's definitely time to get the regionals back on campus.  I know Mafia enjoyed his time at Yost Arena back in the day.(1998?)

3 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

mafia.jpg.79fabad16f97c6df745453e7c991d40e.jpg

I hate you so bad. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

what was the attendance for sammy last night? assuming quite packed?

22 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

oh...was asking about sam hunt at engelstad last night?? haha

Not very good I heard.

I guess they were moving people to the lower bowl from the upper bowl.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I don’t believe they use the Winter Show building since they got a building up by the HS FB field. 

You are correct and the rink now is one of the coldest in the state and the ice is super fast 

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This women's game has all the makings of OT, which would push the selection show back or a new network.....

ESPN:  It’s just hockey…nobody’s watching anyway.

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This women's game has all the makings of OT, which would push the selection show back or a new network.....

Olio St just scored so there’s hope it starts on time