SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

2 minutes ago, RhettRingers said:

Heard from a reliable source that he was a "me" first guy. Probably wouldn't have meshed well with our culture. Also heard his dad was trying to be overly involved with everything.  

I have a great source into the whole deal. He is an offensive dman but his D isn’t an issue (don’t listen to anyone else his numbers speak for themselves at this point). But his dad was a big big issue almost everywhere he’s been. Didn’t want to post anything before but whatever at this point.

6 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Didn’t want him ;) in all seriousness papa morrow is nuts supposedly 

Yeah, crazy to think the number of high skilled players that could have come to UND recently though.
Rizzo, Morrow, Halliday, even Miller.

They all would have been on UND teams last year and this year.  :0

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Really going into hypothetical situations here.  :D 
But for sure.  Hakstol had some of the best NCAA tourney success in college hockey history, not just among UND coaches.  He just couldn't win that last game.  The number of F4 he went to in his tenure is absurd.

Well, what if Hakstol beat DU in 2005?  Would he still be the coach at UND?  Hypothetically speaking, of course…

:lol:

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Didn’t want him ;) in all seriousness papa morrow is nuts supposedly 

I see people make that general statement on here all the time. 

I’ve never heard anyone make a specific statement about how he is nuts; if not, so nuts that he (as a player’s parent, no less, living in a different time zone) would outweigh a perennial 30+ point performer from the blue line. 

But hey, at least we got that Johnson kid to take Morrow’s spot.

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Yeah, crazy to think the number of high skilled players that could have come to UND recently though.
Rizzo, Morrow, Halliday, even Miller.

They all would have been on UND teams last year and this year.  :0

We didn’t want them tho

Just now, gfhockey said:

We didn’t want them tho

I think we wanted them all, just different situations.
Rizzo left us high & dry, he was fully expected to come in.
Morrow has the crazy dad.
Halliday flipped to OSU for whatever reason.
And Miller was on the team with full support from Berry before the UND prez pulled the plug on that.

Just now, Benny Baker said:

I see people make that general statement on here all the time. 

I’ve never heard anyone make a specific statement about how he is nuts; if not, so nuts that he (as a player’s parent, no less, living in a different time zone) would outweigh a perennial 30+ point performer from the blue line. 

But hey, at least we got that Johnson kid to take Morrow’s spot.

I was just teasing about the didn’t want him stmt. Gf hockey always writes that so I leached it off him/her.

Obv we could’ve used him but it didn’t work out. The dad messed around with the force when the trade happened and Scott no showed. Bubs and crew wanted him to play a full year of juniors and papa morrow said no dice, he’s going to stay at shattuck and put up video game numbers (not a terrible idea, however communication was terrible). Papa morrow wanted to play college puck right away thinking he was ready (he was), but the coaching staff wanted him to play a yr of juniors. It was a deal breaker. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose. 

The aftermath produced a rumor that he couldn’t play D and he was a bad kid. Both of which were never true. He’s a great kid I guess. Again, the dad controls everything and is a huge pain (supposedly). 

• Upvote 1

David Carle really wants to move the regional games to campus sites. I'm guessing if DU loses today as a #1 seed playing a de facto road game across the country, Carle will be on fire regarding this issue. 

Go UMass. 

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

I was just teasing about the didn’t want him stmt. Gf hockey always writes that so I leached it off him/her.

Obv we could’ve used him but it didn’t work out. The dad messed around with the force when the trade happened and Scott no showed. Bubs and crew wanted him to play a full year of juniors and papa morrow said no dice, he’s going to stay at shattuck and put up video game numbers (not a terrible idea, however communication was terrible). Papa morrow wanted to play college puck right away thinking he was ready (he was), but the coaching staff wanted him to play a yr of juniors. It was a deal breaker. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose. 

The aftermath produced a rumor that he couldn’t play D and he was a bad kid. Both of which were never true. He’s a great kid I guess. Again, the dad controls everything and is a huge pain (supposedly). 

Thanks! Wasn’t trying to be critical of the “didn’t want him statement”. I knew full well what you meant. lol.  Just always found it weird having read the “dad is crazy” comments on here but never having heard the full back story. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Benny Baker said:

Thanks! Wasn’t trying to be critical of the “didn’t want him statement”. I knew full well what you meant. lol.  Just always found it weird having read the “dad is crazy” comments on here but never having heard the full back story. 

I'd deal with a crazy dad for 30+ points/year from a Dman

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

David Carle really wants to move the regional games to campus sites. I'm guessing if DU loses today as a #1 seed playing a de facto road game across the country, Carle will be on fire regarding this issue. 

Go UMass. 

As he should be.  It's asinine.  The host schools wield too much influence over the brackets.  

Haven't seen much of Morrow before, but he's surprised me today by being ineffective offensively.  Had a few chances that looked like they might turn into something, but nothing came of them.