SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

In 2017 we lost to BU in the Fargo Regional to a very questionable offsides call. This call resulted in a Rule change.

In 2021 we lost a 5 overtime game to UMD in the Fargo Regional. UMD did not have to play the first game because Michigan tested positive for Covid. This situation also resulted in a Rule change if it ever happens again.

We have had some tough luck in our regionals, usually something that has never happened before.... happens.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Washburn Sioux said:

In 2017 we lost to BU in the Fargo Regional to a very questionable offsides call. This call resulted in a Rule change.

In 2021 we lost a 5 overtime game to UMD in the Fargo Regional. UMD did not have to play the first game because Michigan tested positive for Covid. This situation also resulted in a Rule change if it ever happens again.

We have had some tough luck in our regionals, usually something that has never happened before.... happens.

Until UND did it to Michigan in 2024, no team had ever won an NCAA regional game by more than two touchdowns AND been drug tested in the locker room immediately after the game.   

Hunter Johannes was found to be on medications for high blood pressure, cholesterol, and enlarged prostate.   Everyone else was clean.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, burd said:

Until UND did it to Michigan in 2024, no team had ever won an NCAA regional game by more than two touchdowns AND been drug tested in the locker room immediately after the game.   

Hunter Johannes was found to be on medications for high blood pressure, cholesterol, and enlarged prostate.   Everyone else was clean.  

Jim Harbaugh send some spies out to video UND’s practices as his going away gift to Michigan?

14 hours ago, Washburn Sioux said:

Berry has had a lot of firsts in his 8 year stint. You can blame bounces, that’s hockey’s etc but one common denominator is what ?

1 minute ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Berry has had a lot of firsts in his 8 year stint. You can blame bounces, that’s hockey’s etc but one common denominator is what ?

We got an early start for golf season?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

First coach to win a title in his first year of head coaching? 

You're gonna want to save some of your posts for if/when UND loses next, wouldn’t want to see you get burnt out. ;)

• Upvote 1

My wild, bold predictions for Thursday's four games:

- Travel and a short week and early start will have DU sluggish for two periods. They'll need to win the third to win.
- Cornell and Maine are unknowns to me: no comment
- RIT will surprise but BU pulls away late
- Goldie and Omaha? The team that scores the second goal in the game wins*. (Now watch it be 1-0.) 

*I'll be cheering for the boards, ice, pipes, and glass in this one. 

29 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

My wild, bold predictions for Thursday's four games:

- Travel and a short week and early start will have DU sluggish for two periods. They'll need to win the third to win.
- Cornell and Maine are unknowns to me: no comment
- RIT will surprise but BU pulls away late
- Goldie and Omaha? The team that scores the second goal in the game wins*. (Now watch it be 1-0.) 

*I'll be cheering for the boards, ice, pipes, and glass in this one. 

I'm going to root for Omaha against Minny and then take a shower.

On 3/26/2024 at 11:14 AM, brianvf said:

First coach to win a title in his first year of head coaching? 

You're gonna want to save some of your posts for if/when UND loses next, wouldn’t want to see you get burnt out. ;)

Hopefully they will shut me down for the rest of the year..

Schloss came out with his "Me vs. the coin" article today:

The Herald's 2024 NCAA men's hockey tournament predictions - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

He's got Wisconsin in the national championship....Hastings is a good coach....but they're going to knock of BC in Providence?

A lot of people still picking UND over Michigan.  I hope I'm wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Schloss came out with his "Me vs. the coin" article today:

The Herald's 2024 NCAA men's hockey tournament predictions - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

He's got Wisconsin in the national championship....Hastings is a good coach....but they're going to knock of BC in Providence?

A lot of people still picking UND over Michigan.  I hope I'm wrong. 

Wisco has the Big Ten Goalie of the year which is a good thing to have against BC

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

First game, already questionable ice. And those corners seem deep/square-ish. 

DU has better legs than I'd have guessed. 

30 miles to UMass; empty rink.

So neutral site at 1 in the afternoon on a Thursday equals poor attendance…who knew?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So neutral site at 1 in the afternoon on a Thursday equals poor attendance…who knew?

There should be best 2 of 3 series in Boston x2, Denver, East Lansing, Grand Forks, MPLS, Madison, and Orono, this weekend. 

• Upvote 1