SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

48 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The Gardens in Warroad wasn’t available? 

Pretty sure they could slam ice into the Winter Show building in Valley City like the ‘80’s and had 6000 seats. 

Played an amateur game against VC in the Winter Show building. An absolute dungeon and the ice was horrible 

2 hours ago, fargosioux said:

2,500 seats is pretty ridiculous for a college hockey regional, but this arena in Maryland Heights looks very nice. If it wasn't Easter weekend, I'd be tempted to make the trip if we got placed there. The atmosphere would be pretty cool.

007_Centene_Comm_Ice_Rink_Dec_2019-1-scaled-1-1300x865.jpg

Ridiculous for a regional?  I’ll tell you what’s ridiculous for a regional…the 2016 championship game in St Paul between Ferris State and Denver on Easter Sunday.  In an arena that holds 18,000+, I was one of maybe 250 people in attendance.  Why are we complaining about small arenas?  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, STLSiouxCane said:

I'm planning to go to the Maryland Heights regional if UND lands there.  What's the best way to get tix, any advice?

Well you can pay Ticketmaster for the privelege of their wonderful service.  I'm betting you would be able to walk right up and get them at the box office.  Plus, there's always scalpers if you don't mind haggling a little.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Ridiculous for a regional?  I’ll tell you what’s ridiculous for a regional…the 2016 championship game in St Paul between Ferris State and Denver on Easter Sunday.  In an arena that holds 18,000+, I was one of maybe 250 people in attendance.  Why are we complaining about small arenas?  

That's weird, both those fanbases are known for traveling well.

;)

2 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Well you can pay Ticketmaster for the privelege of their wonderful service.  I'm betting you would be able to walk right up and get them at the box office.  Plus, there's always scalpers if you don't mind haggling a little.

Got it, thanks!! 

2 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Very weird. I’m confident both of Denver’s fans will be there.

One of them is scheduled to work at the Gas and Sip that day.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

The Gardens in Warroad wasn’t available? 

Pretty sure they could slam ice into the Winter Show building in Valley City like the ‘80’s and had 6000 seats. 

Heck yeah, the rodeos in Herman Stearn arena were smelly fun. Believe there is an ice sheet in there now.

This'll be an interesting experiment.  Can you go from playing like hell to playing championship level hockey, competing all over the ice, in one week?  Can you flip a switch and become great again?  History and logic say no, but it's hockey so never say never.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jk said:

This'll be an interesting experiment.  Can you go from playing like hell to playing championship level hockey, competing all over the ice, in one week?  Can you flip a switch and become great again?  History and logic say no, but it's hockey so never say never.

How do we get that team that creamed DU and held them to four goals on the weekend?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, jk said:

Well, it seems like this team has done just that a couple times this season...

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Played an amateur game against VC in the Winter Show building. An absolute dungeon and the ice was horrible 

NCAA:

That checks those boxes. Let's do it.

Only hold up is sign placement?... Can we put powerade stickers on everything?

• Upvote 2

Interesting argument I saw to keep UMass out and I agree with it. Last time UMass beat a team in the NCAA tournament field was on 10/14/23 against Michigan. Record against teams in the top 16 is 1-8-2.

CC is 9-9-1 against the top 16 in the tournament. 

The RPI difference is .0004

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Interesting argument I saw to keep UMass out and I agree with it. Last time UMass beat a team in the NCAA tournament field was on 10/14/23 against Michigan. Record against teams in the top 16 is 1-8-2.

CC is 9-9-1 against the top 16 in the tournament. 

The RPI difference is .0004

Cue the Minutemen getting smoked 8-0 in their first tournament game while the Tigers watch from their dorm room couches…

1 hour ago, thUNDer said:

Heck yeah, the rodeos in Herman Stearn arena were smelly fun. Believe there is an ice sheet in there now.

I don’t believe they use the Winter Show building since they got a building up by the HS FB field. 

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

That's weird, both those fanbases are known for traveling well.

;)

Doesn’t matter.  We have folks complaining about the small rink where UND is going…the attendance issue works both ways.  

1 hour ago, STLSiouxCane said:

I'm planning to go to the Maryland Heights regional if UND lands there.  What's the best way to get tix, any advice?

I have two tickets for the Maryland Heights Regional that I cannot use due to a family issue.  This regional was close, so I bought tickets early.  They are in Section 123 Row 1 - Seats  1&2.  Obviously great seats on the glass.  I have been going to the Frozen four for over 35 years, and will be in St. Paul to watch some great hockey whoever ends up there.  Do not post on here much due to most of the content of the posters, especially in the game tabs.  If UND is in Maryland Heights, and you want these tickets for cost ($120), please PM me and I will transfer them to you through ticketmaster.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2