SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

47 minutes ago, brianvf said:

They’ll be a top 5 team again next year. And then the following year they’ll have Eiserman coming in to replace Cooley when he leaves. 
Gonna be a good test early when we play them this fall. 

Would bet the gophers and BU are right up there for #1 preseason.  Hopefully they are as high on themselves in the summer and through the season as everybody else will be.   Even though they lost major players on defense, they still have high end guys that have a year under their belt, not to mention they will be spending a lot of time in the offensive end with guys like Cooley, Snuggerud, Moore, etc.   Just funny how they have no problem welcoming back guys like Close that are older, when they constantly complained about Minnesota State's players.  

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Would bet the gophers and BU are right up there for #1 preseason.  Hopefully they are as high on themselves in the summer and through the season as everybody else will be.   Even though they lost major players on defense, they still have high end guys that have a year under their belt, not to mention they will be spending a lot of time in the offensive end with guys like Cooley, Snuggerud, Moore, etc.   Just funny how they have no problem welcoming back guys like Close that are older, when they constantly complained about Minnesota State's players.  

Jaxson Nelson too, he’s a big guy. They turned over a ton on D but they’re young guys are studs too. Mittestadt played PP last year so I’m sure he’ll get a look at QBing that top PP. Mittelstadt, koster, Chesley, Rinzel…their D core should still be fairly high end. I’m sure they have some new guys coming in that can play. Gophs are reloading the right way.

20 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Jaxson Nelson too, he’s a big guy. They turned over a ton on D but they’re young guys are studs too. Mittestadt played PP last year so I’m sure he’ll get a look at QBing that top PP. Mittelstadt, koster, Chesley, Rinzel…their D core should still be fairly high end. I’m sure they have some new guys coming in that can play. Gophs are reloading the right way.

ER-XqM2XsAEwqp4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

But the team that won the National Championship reloaded another way.

On 5/19/2023 at 5:52 PM, jk said:

Yeah MN is super loaded.  They probably won't lose a game all year.

Knies was one of the few players that didn’t play like Gopher hockey. He’s gone. Then on the backend, Jackson LaCombe was the one D-man who didn’t play like a Gopher. He’s gone too. 

They’ll be a top 5 team, no question. Their year to win it was 2022 and they choked. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Knies was one of the few players that didn’t play like Gopher hockey. He’s gone. Then on the backend, Jackson LaCombe was the one D-man who didn’t play like a Gopher. He’s gone too. 

They’ll be a top 5 team, no question. Their year to win it was 2022 and they choked. 

Under Motzko, the Gophers are grittier than they used to be. That being said, Motzko still has to prove that he can win a championship. He’s had immensely talented teams that have spit the bit. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/21/2023 at 5:43 AM, SiouxForever said:

Basically you can hang their banner now after making this comment on this board

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Well, at least @bale31 can take solace that they didn't get everything for Wisconsin from Mankato. 

This just in…Wisconsin taking the Mankato Maverick logo to use as a patch on their hockey jerseys this season.;)

• Upvote 3

On 5/24/2023 at 1:11 PM, LuvHockey said:

Nick Oliver brought the Force his St Cloud learning too: win conference champ- then flame out in playoffs. At least he made it past first round bye. 

"flame out"???

Not sure that's even a remotely accurate way of describing the Force season or postseason loss in the Clark Cup final but...

you do you man. 

Personally I don't see a comparison.

On 5/20/2023 at 8:23 PM, cberkas said:

Cooley would have signed if the arena was approved. 

Anywhere with an actual fanbase or rink.  So Like 90 percent of the league.  Gophs lucky he's in that dumpster fire organization.  

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Anywhere with an actual fanbase or rink.  So Like 90 percent of the league.  Gophs lucky he's in that dumpster fire organization.  

I heard from an extremely good source he was planning to come back well before the AZ arena situation was announced. I think it was a good excuse for him not to sign however. Now money talks so who really knows with 100% certainty. But again, the plan was for him to come back all along.