SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Me: Geez brian, kick a guy when he's down.
Brianvf: Can ya think of a better time? 

Unfortunately we've been there too, recently with Weatherby.
Of course, Jasper wasn't a top 3 draft pick, but whatevs.  :) 

“If he leaves, his legacy will be a season full of jaw-dropping moments, rivaling anyone who's ever worn the M.

It will also include losing his "cool" in a national title game by giving an incompetent ref the opportunity to ring him up on a penalty he could have skated away from -- and one that helped change the outcome of the game. That was his one memorable moment in the biggest game of the year. Oh well, next!” -quote from Gopher fan.

Honestly, I can’t blame Gopher fans for being disappointed if he signs, I would be too if it were a stud UND player. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I wonder what the chatter is/going to be over there on GPL.

Check it out. It's glorious. Meltdowns and super sunny side up conversations all at the same time. 

One poster has my three favorites:
1) "Why do I not really care? We’re fine either way. Moore, Huglen, Nelson down the middle? Sign me up." 
2) "We went from run away title favorites to title favorites but it’s kinda close with like BU. We’re fine people." 
3) "I applaud Bob for getting the roster to the point where losing the Hobey favorite barely changes the outlook on the season."

One of his boardmates tries to kind of get him back into his right mind.... by saying "I don't think Faber, Knies, Lacombe, Cooley, R Johnson for Rinzel and O Moore is a great trade.  So a team that could not win with the former group seems to have gotten much worse." and the other's response. "Can you find me a better roster in college hockey?"

Just so brilliant.

"We're fine ... " - Denial
"I don't think Faber, Knies, Lacombe, Cooley, R Johnson for Rinzel and O Moore is a great trade." - Anger
"Can you find me a better roster in college hockey?" - Bargaining 

Three of the five Kubler-Ross stages in an hour. That's a record. 
They'll be through Depression and Acceptance by morning at this rate.

Unless they wake up with only 12 forwards. ... Oh. Wait.
New Kubler-Ross cycle starts tomorrow! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

"We're fine ... " - Denial
"I don't think Faber, Knies, Lacombe, Cooley, R Johnson for Rinzel and O Moore is a great trade." - Anger
"Can you find me a better roster in college hockey?" - Bargaining 

Three of the five Kubler-Ross stages in an hour. That's a record. 
They'll be through Depression and Acceptance by morning at this rate.

Unless they wake up with only 12 forwards. ... Oh. Wait.
New Kubler-Ross cycle starts tomorrow! 

Kubler-Ross “oh good grief”!  I love the reference.  If they lose this player, Minnesota will not need to seek specialized care to put a quality team on the ice.  

Watching the PHNX podcast and Steve Peters just saying why go back to school in Minnesota. Petey showing is Sioux colors :lol:

Could Petey be controlling Coyotes twitter :whistling:

When I saw Minnesota play Arizona State I said I don't see that line staying, so far 2 of the 3 are gone. 

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Fans on GPL are doing the same thing we are and have started talking about UND fans in their offseason forum. :)

IMG_9875.png

Yet we still split with them last year.  With Cooley probably gone, I really think our forward group is as good if not better, and it will all depend on how our back end comes together.   Minnesota lost a lot of super talent up front and on defense, so they have some spots to fill as well.  

4 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Fans on GPL are doing the same thing we are and have started talking about UND fans in their offseason forum. :)

IMG_9875.png

My favorite part of this is this guy is talking about how we are reading their message board but in their recruiting thread a guy was reporting what was said here so… *shrugs*

Also why is he assuming we’re all boys? :whistling:

2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Also why is he assuming we’re all boys? :whistling:

I've got a bushel basket full of balls and enough hair on my arse to weave a blanket and they call me "boy"? <- stolen quote from one of my dad's friends

I found it funny that a gopher fan would say that Cooley would be playing in front of way more fans at Minnesota than with the Coyotes.  I guess it may be true now, because we know how they have fair weather fans.  A few years ago, not so much.  It was almost comical how sparse the crowds were just a short while ago.