SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

On 3/11/2023 at 10:01 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

I hope he is THE guy that can take UND to the next level once Tommy is done. 

Ohhh, the QB.  I thought he ran like crap for a position player, fighting himself the entire way.  Get with a track coach this summer!!

52 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Solid hire. Guessing he really wanted to get back into coaching
14 years of experience as a head coach plus another 13 years coaching linebackers. Will be a good resource for Schwenzfeier to lean on.

I agree....I like the hire.  Listening to him comment on the radio broadcast......a few times he would say something like.....who is gonna be the alpha today on defense.  Dosch seems like an alpha, and I think can help bring that type of mindset to our defense....along with a lot of coaching experience. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Solid hire. Guessing he really wanted to get back into coaching
14 years of experience as a head coach plus another 13 years coaching linebackers. Will be a good resource for Schwenzfeier to lean on.

I don't know him personally but friends that do and know athletics really speak highly of him.

49 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I wonder if Dosch was ever considered for DC.  Almost seems like he will be his boss's mentor.

Agree.  Although maybe at this point he wanted to get back into coaching but not the stress level of being DC.  Would be curious though if there were discussions about it.  If he wanted DC and didn't get it, not sure he would have taking LB coach position.  You make a good point he will likely be a bit of a mentor but he obviously is ok with that since he took the position, and he might look forward to being a bit of a mentor. 

16 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Agree.  Although maybe at this point he wanted to get back into coaching but not the stress level of being DC.  Would be curious though if there were discussions about it.  If he wanted DC and didn't get it, not sure he would have taking LB coach position.  You make a good point he will likely be a bit of a mentor but he obviously is ok with that since he took the position, and he might look forward to being a bit of a mentor. 

Or because of the timing of the departure he’s both a short term mentor and a gap fill for this season?

13 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Not sure what this means.  If something is cooking or Danny telling someone to get this going.

Danny Freund

@dfreund7 2h

Replying to

@ryanpowell5

and

@newbalance

NIL

Freund's response was to this tweet. I'm sure it's an inside joke with Powell. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

image.jpeg.b9a446835ab79d0005c216901a52ee08.jpeg Looking at our front 7 on D. 

i wonder why some businesses don't "replay or reuse" old advertising to stir up business with boomers....a lot of people of here don't know what that pic means but i do!  

bring back spuds mckenzie too!

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i wonder why some businesses don't "replay or reuse" old advertising to stir up business with boomers....a lot of people of here don't know what that pic means but i do!  

bring back spuds mckenzie too!

Because boomers and gen x have already been catered to. They’ve tuned their sights to capturing millennials now. They’re looking to lock down the millennials for future revenue while we’re still pliable. 

• Upvote 2