SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

18 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Wait, wait … you truly believe you shitting on everything UND and pumping up everyone else on a college message board is a difference maker? You’re an anonymous poster stating the obvious 98 percent of the time.

It’s like the blow hard on talk radio who’s got all the answers to society’s ills. Practical listeners with perspective know that, if Mr. Blow hard magically would be put in charge of the world, the tune would change as reality would set in and the realization of the task at hand would suddenly become evident. Success for Mr. Blow hard would be neither inevitable nor impossible.  What would be inevitable, however, would be the respect he would gain for the grind, the challenges, and the process.

I’ve  felt like i’ve said this 116 times before but here goes —we all pretty much feel the same way as you, we just amplify our hopes and frustrations differently. For me, i praise in public and criticize in private to the people who are involved. But i’m not an asshole to them. You do you. But it’s never as bad or as good as we think. You and a couple other tough love warriors on here come off a bit thin skinned in the face of the no-nonsense, no-excuses personas you put out there.

There are posters on here who I have the utmost respect for, such as Geaux Sioux, Ira,  Shep and Sic, who many times will say thing that are very biting criticisms of UND, but they balance things out from time to time with other kinds of hot takes that make me want to come back for more and excited to be a UND fanatic! That makes things fun and interesting and more believable, as it doesn’t come off as a bit or a schtick. 

Again, things are never as bad or good as we think. 

Go Hawks! Go UND!

I agree and respect the posters listed…. Thanks for your leadership and knowledge.

Like 23 weeks until kick off? Go UND.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

… And there was a pretty rainbow with flowers and such. The End. 

Not even close, but it’s more accurate than the rumors and assumptions posted. You would probably get a chubby trying to find ways to create controversy and blame this on someone.  Most readers are smart enough to figure out what I said and move on. Obviously not everyone. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Wait, wait … you truly believe you shitting on everything UND and pumping up everyone else on a college message board is a difference maker?

No. Not proposing my comments make a difference at all. Just providing my opinion as I see it.

If folks on this message board want to be make a difference they need to donate large sums of cash to UND football.

Bottom line with all this coach turnover and  0.500 football is inadequate funding. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

There's this new thing I've heard about ... somethin' like ... portal. 

Roughly half of portal entrants do not find new "homes". There have to be a couple missed gems in that fraction. 

Portal helps the most in the fall/winter. By this summer, the portal will be dry. That’s my point. Those gems you speak of aren’t likely to be found by UND.

UND S&C is going to actually have to do their job and develop what they’ve got to work with. The ol’ portal will come in handy again for UND come fall/winter 2023.

Hopefully the transfer players they got on roster this spring from UNM, NIU, USD, etc will work out for UND this fall. 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

It’s the offseason so there’s always bickering about stuff but this message board used to be a lot more enjoyable, with good conversations before a select few came in talking football and basketball in the last year or so. 

The basketball threads have been unbearable. It’s the personal attacks when someone has a different opinion that make no sense to me.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

The basketball threads have been unbearable. It’s the personal attacks when someone has a different opinion that make no sense to me.

The hockey board makes the angriest posters here look calm.

26 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Yah St. Paul - they must have some buildings in Minneapolis. 

They three campuses:  St. Paul, Minneapolis and Rome.

MINNEAPOLIS - Urban Campus.  This campus is in the epicenter of downtown Minneapolis and it is home to our Opus College of Business, School of Law, School of Education and the Dougherty Family College.

11 minutes ago, MadScout03 said:

I was at practice Friday morning. It was good to see some football again! Nice to see Skokna out there making plays. I’m hoping he can stay healthy. I’ve missed his shifty style. Isaiah Smith looked like he was shot out of a cannon at times. Couple nice breaks and the burners were on. 

I like the idea of Red Wilson at RB, but if Skokna is back and they can land the bowling ball of a RB transfer they had at practice, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back at WR. The transfer recruit looked stacked. 

Was good to see Tom Dosch out there running around. He didn’t go unnoticed, and not in a bad or distracting way. I really like that addition to the staff.

The DBs had a good day with some nice takeaways. A couple straight up picks and one that was ripped away from the WR. Devin Hembry had a nice day with at least one pick.  Seemed to be in good position a number of times. 

Quincy looked the part, so far, at TE. I hope he gets worked into a number of different plays. His versatility could be huge if used the right way. 

Tommy had a zip and direction on the ball the other QBs simply didn’t. I’d be remiss if I didn’t mentioned how Colton Hackel looked. Moved well, threw some nice passes. Good to see that from the guy 5th on the depth chart. 
That’s all for now!

Nice work. Keep it coming

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, MadScout03 said:

I was at practice Friday morning. It was good to see some football again! Nice to see Skokna out there making plays. I’m hoping he can stay healthy. I’ve missed his shifty style. Isaiah Smith looked like he was shot out of a cannon at times. Couple nice breaks and the burners were on. 

I like the idea of Red Wilson at RB, but if Skokna is back and they can land the bowling ball of a RB transfer they had at practice, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back at WR. The transfer recruit looked stacked. 

Was good to see Tom Dosch out there running around. He didn’t go unnoticed, and not in a bad or distracting way. I really like that addition to the staff.

The DBs had a good day with some nice takeaways. A couple straight up picks and one that was ripped away from the WR. Devin Hembry had a nice day with at least one pick.  Seemed to be in good position a number of times. 

Quincy looked the part, so far, at TE. I hope he gets worked into a number of different plays. His versatility could be huge if used the right way. 

Tommy had a zip and direction on the ball the other QBs simply didn’t. I’d be remiss if I didn’t mentioned how Colton Hackel looked. Moved well, threw some nice passes. Good to see that from the guy 5th on the depth chart. 
That’s all for now!

Music to my ears! Thanks for some actual productive discussion. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MadScout03 said:

That’s all for now!

Who's the "bowling ball of a RB transfer?"

1 hour ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Who's the "bowling ball of a RB transfer?"

No idea. Just saw him at practice…watched a handful of different coaches greet him…at one point saw him venture onto the field and hang near the RBs…Tom Miller mentioned he was a possible Hoosman replacement. That’s all I know. 

47 minutes ago, MadScout03 said:

No idea. Just saw him at practice…watched a handful of different coaches greet him…at one point saw him venture onto the field and hang near the RBs…Tom Miller mentioned he was a possible Hoosman replacement. That’s all I know. 

Thanks.  And thanks for a good report.