SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur

2 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

If what Chaves said is true, it’s unfortunate about losing the bid.  If we hadn’t been matched up with Weber, we’d likely be enjoying a game at the Alerus in six days. 

Kind of what we were saying before.
If we wouldn't of been matched up with the out door bathrooms.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Hey REA, how about you use some of that FOOTBALL ticket revenue that you hoard for bringing a playoff FOOTBALL game to GF instead of a country-western concert?

If it's a bid is simple math UND  holds 12000 and Weber holds 17500 more seats more money.

5 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

If it's a bid is simple math UND  holds 12000 and Weber holds 17500 more seats more money.

They also are ranked ahead of us. With students home for Thanksgiving and the fact we haven’t sold out a home game all year, they may award bid to Weber even if we outbid them if bids are close. I doubt we would have been able to get 9000.  

3 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

They also are ranked ahead of us. With students home for Thanksgiving and the fact we haven’t sold out a home game all year, they may award bid to Weber even if we outbid them if bids are close. I doubt we would have been able to get 9000.  

Is that how it works? It isn’t necessarily higher bid?

The late apologists are here. 

11 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

I think they say 17500x25 is and 13500x25 is 

No, not that simple. Weber State’s best attendance of the year was 11,700 versus Montana. Given the weather forecasted for Saturday, there won’t be that many fans there. UND could’ve (and should’ve) out bid them. 

But, apologies from our apologists for our brash comments. 

We are sorry. We kindly accept the declination of another home game for UND football fans and season ticket holders. 

I know "fans" that would have traveled for a post Thanksgiving Saturday FB/hockey doubleheader. Now they'll watch hockey at home. 

......and I know some who are set on going to hockey regardless that would've taken in FB prior.

BOO CHAVES

• Upvote 1

6 figures over the minimum bid. Montana (who shouldn't have even made it) and maybe Idaho are the only ones who would have historically beat it (assuming Idaho is showing they are serious about FCS). Not sure how/why Weber went all in, but another draw where UND is in the top 3-4 of all first round bids and ends up in the road because there are no teams in the West. Absolutely sucks. 

Would have been ideal to get an NEC team and funnel into SDSU but instead they get sent west. 

• Upvote 1

Man, this team had the chance to make a case for a home playoff game yesterday, and they didn’t make much of an argument. Hard for me to blame Chaves for not breaking the bank after that showing. Now we gotta do it the hard way. 

It is on the players and coaching staff to show up in Ogden and show that they are better than they looked in Fargo. I don’t think anyone will be too sad about missing a home game if they look outclassed on Saturday. That will only validate Chaves’s decision to not bet on this team. 

16 minutes ago, MNHawk said:

Man, this team had the chance to make a case for a home playoff game yesterday, and they didn’t make much of an argument. Hard for me to blame Chaves for not breaking the bank after that showing. Now we gotta do it the hard way. 

It is on the players and coaching staff to show up in Ogden and show that they are better than they looked in Fargo. I don’t think anyone will be too sad about missing a home game if they look outclassed on Saturday. That will only validate Chaves’s decision to not bet on this team. 

Bids were submitted before yesterday’s game 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I can’t say for sure but I don’t believe it’s always highest bid but it could be. Someone else probably knows for sure. 

There are technically other factors, but 99.8% of the time it's the bid. 

Other factors could include: Bidder's stadium is physically unsafe, there have been repeated issues of serious harassment/violence from students/fans, no stadium lighting for night games, extremely high chance of an imminent natural(or man made) disaster.

I doubt there's ever been a case where any of these factors came into play*, but the rules say it's possible.

*There was a case where a (seeded?)team didn't have stadium lights and lost the chance for a home game, but that team chose not to submit a bid at all.

• Upvote 1

I filed a FOIA for UND's bids back in 2019.  Below are UND's bids for each round.  I didn't publicly post them because I didn't want other schools to see what UND was bidding, but it doesn't seem to matter and the schools probably know anyway.  And they can easily file FOIA's themselves.  Again, these are from 2019.  Pretty sure the "bid" is on the last page, #9, titled "guarantee", which was 75K for the first round in 2019.

image.png.3a4eebfd63a033957d723e4491d13787.png

image.png.8002f8da662319929f7aef6cce8ec173.png

UND NCAA First Round Budget.pdf UND NCAA Second Round Budget.pdf UND NCAA Quarterfinal Budget.pdf UND NCAA Semifinal Budget.pdf

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I know "fans" that would have traveled for a post Thanksgiving Saturday FB/hockey doubleheader. Now they'll watch hockey at home. 

......and I know some who are set on going to hockey regardless that would've taken in FB prior.

BOO CHAVES

I was even peaking at the UND Site about an hour before the selection show in case they put the tickets up early to buy Football tickets as I figured there was no way our Athletic Department would fumble the ball again.

• Upvote 1