SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur

UND absolutely should have been hosting this coming Saturday.  Perhaps the committee decided they could afford to gift the home game to Weber State since they covered the loss of dollars by putting the Griz in the playoffs (over a more deserving Youngstown St) and giving them a home game to collect the Montana dollars.

With regards to Nichols State getting to host and putting the visiting team in a tent, the same thing happened to USD when they played at Nichols St in the first round of the playoffs in 2017.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Hot Mic

dom thinks the bids were close enough to not punish the number 9 seed and send them on the road

Someone tell Dom there is no 9 seed. It is in the manual that the committee was supposed to follow. There are only 8.

And I'd be curious what "close enough" means in his book. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Someone tell Dom there is no 9 seed. It is in the manual that the committee was supposed to follow. There are only 8.

And I'd be curious what "close enough" means in his book. 

remember to dom and kolpack...close enough is their standard answer when they lie and say their 6'1" on tinder

2 hours ago, wheelsup said:

So I 100% agree with what you just said.. if those things actually happened there is nothing we can do about it and I would be ok with the result.  

But.. I guess I dont believe that it actually happened..

• "The supposedly money hungry NCAA decided to ignore a reasonably substantially higher bid and give the home playoff game to Weber State because they should have been a seeded team.."

Heading down that conspiracy theory route where everyone outside of grand forks hates UND football is a bridge too far for me.  The conspiracy theory last week was that we wouldnt make the playoffs becasue the NDSU AD and Fargo in general was going to do everything they could to keep us out of the playoffs.. obviously not true.  The simplest answer is usually the right one and the simplest answer is that our bid wasnt better than Weber State's.

Seems like its time for a little transparency to clear this up.. apparently FOI requests can be filed.. Chaves or somebody else.. should be able to file a FOI request with both UND and Weber State see what the bids are and embarrass the NCAA if this conspiracy theory is true.  Seems like there would be a lot of schools/teams unhappy with the new precedent of.. well Weber state should have been seeded but wasnt so we promised them a home game regardless of their bid.

well.. I guess this did happen.. this is total crap.  The NCAA process is total garbage.. after this happens they should really seed teams from 1-24 and the highest ranked team should host.

By rough math Weber was seeded 13th and we were 20th.. Using that same math, Montana had to be seeded 19th and they ended up with a home game.  This is really a terrible look for the NCAA.

I take back my previous comments apparently even though we are paranoid they are also out to get us.. Our MVFC representative in the room.. Mr. Bison AD should be able to answer these questions.

9 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

THIS! 

I'd love to hear Truax try to explain this one.

NCAA still has it in for UND, simple as that.

I don't get it...why would the NCAA be out to get UND? UND would represent both the MVFC and the FCS  very well. They have excellent facilities, an excellent reputation, good average attendance and a competitive football team. It makes no sense that there would be a conspiracy against UND.

On the other hand, if the door really is locked, kick it in.