SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur

8 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Most years yes but not this year - MVC is a little down this year.

In terms of total teams making playoffs, yes, but committee still put the top 2 MVFC teams ahead of the undefeated in conference BSC team. That says something in terms of MVFC vs BSC head to head.

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

Let’s see how the big sky and mvfc do in the playoffs 

UND vs Weber could be telling 

I thought Youngstown would get in - plenty of disappointment and pissed off folks there I imagine 

Our defense is just so bad. I don’t see it. Weber is gonna have athletes all over the field and torch us all game long. Our only hope is likely to grind it out on the ground which is not out MO.

1 minute ago, bincitysioux said:

Big Sky got 5 teams in MVFC got 3 in, and unfortunately I can tell you from first hand knowledge that the 3rd MVFC team in is quite bit far behind the other two MVFC teams that are in.......

UND played one BSC team this season; they won. UND finished 3rd in MVFC behind overall #1 and #3 seeded teams. You could argue depth, but the best conference is the MVFC. 

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND played one BSC team this season; they won. UND finished 3rd in MVFC behind overall #1 and #3 seeded teams. You could argue depth, but the best conference is the MVFC. 

It's an argument with merits both ways. 

Personally I feel the Big Sky is stronger from top to bottom most years.

I would take Montana St on a neutral field this year against either XDSU, but that's just me.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bincitysioux said:

I would take Montana St on a neutral field this year against either XDSU, but that's just me.

Touchdown Tommy if healthy is the difference 

Alright.  Weber.  Their 6'3 QB doesn't run for a ton.  Completes about 60 percent of his passes.

They've got the top ranked defense in the Big Sky and the 5th ranked offense according to Google.

I'll say 33-21 Weber, and a what could of been off-season.  

11 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Montana State vs NDSU on a neutral field could very well happen 

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Hey mr fennel you wanna help us host a playoff game for your alma mater.

was this call made chaves.

It’s not that complicated or far-fetched, even. You just need to reach out to the boosters (season ticket holders) and ask for additional donation prior to bid submission. Was that done? Of course not. Failure by Chaves and the entire department.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, petey23 said:

Are we pretending that when they are comparing the resumes of the bubble teams that the bid the schools put in to host the game doesn't trump the actual analytics?

I have to believe that is how Montana got in this year.  They don't have a great resume, but the committee KNOWS that they probably submitted the best bid of any school in the country.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I have to believe that is how Montana got in this year.  They don't have a great resume, but the committee KNOWS that they probably submitted the best bid of any school in the country.

This...^^^

Was simple math....never a doubt they wouldn't get in.

5 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Did UND reinstate the Fighting SIoux nickname? If we kept the Sioux name we wouldn’t be allowed to host playoff games, that was the big selling point. Looks like we still can’t get home games for some reason. 

Burnt some bridges apparently. NDSU with their AD on the committee probably doing some burning also.