SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO -- PENNE ROSA EDITION - Friday gameday

stoneySIOUX

19 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I'm sure the boys know all the tiebreaker info, and they won't be satisfied with just a share of the cup.  They'll want it outright and certainly won't want to share it with DU.
I think even without Frisch, Gaber, Sanderson, etc that we were the better team tonight and they can go out and take the W tomorrow as well.  UND outshot them 30-12 thru 2 periods.  They came undone a bit in the 3rd after the Kunz major.
Driscoll perhaps wants one back (the big rebound to the slot), but made some outstanding saves, including those two highlight reel ones in OT.

Tomorrow...don't give them any majors, limit their PP time, and play them hard 5x5 and they can be sole winners of the Penrose. 

Go Sioux!

I thought, with the exception of both majors, the game was played fairly even. If you noticed, Omaha became a bit undone as well after the Abate major. One thing I hope we can agree on is the officiating in this game was awful. Ruined what promised to be an outstanding athletic event. Dregger be Dregger.

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

I'm sure the boys know all the tiebreaker info, and they won't be satisfied with just a share of the cup.  They'll want it outright and certainly won't want to share it with DU.
I think even without Frisch, Gaber, Sanderson, etc that we were the better team tonight and they can go out and take the W tomorrow as well.  UND outshot them 30-12 thru 2 periods.  They came undone a bit in the 3rd after the Kunz major.
Driscoll perhaps wants one back (the big rebound to the slot), but made some outstanding saves, including those two highlight reel ones in OT.

Tomorrow...don't give them any majors, limit their PP time, and play them hard 5x5 and they can be sole winners of the Penrose. 

Go Sioux!

The Major Penalty on Knuz was a bad call. Even in the GF Herald Chat Schloss said there's no way that's a major, then they call a five and a game. 

19 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

Is Kunz in or out tonight?

Anything as far as further penalties would come from the league.

If he sits tonight its a travesty.  We have however seen how this plays out before. 

47 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If he sits tonight its a travesty.  We have however seen how this plays out before. 

The fact he was assessed a five-minute major penalty for that hit was a travesty. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Hennessy talked to Mike Schmitt and he said there are about 5 officials that review for a possible suspension and each give their view on whether it is warranted without knowing what the others think. Schmitt said he leans on giving the benefit of the doubt unless it is particularly egregious.  In the end though, and here is the kicker, with all the input it is still up to Don Adam and Fenton on whether to suspend, which is why Moore was suspended and Savoie wasn’t even though Savoie’s elbow was up from the start.  Good old Don Adam.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The NCAA should adopt a universal 4 x 4 10 minute OT for all leagues. Having each league set their own OT rules is confusing and screws up the Pairwise system. Let's have wins be wins, losses be losses and ties be ties.

It is universal this year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Well, it is still confusing and still doesn't make sense.

Won’t argue with you there.  I hope they go back to the table at the national meetings and get rid of the 55/45 pairwise thing for overtime wins.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, cberkas said:

Turned out to be a guy that was pushed down about 6ft 

What is wrong with some people. Hopefully the fan is ok and the guy who hurt him becomes intimately familiar with the Nebraska criminal justice system.

• Upvote 2

So I wasn’t able to watch the game last night. Anyone have any thoughts on anything UND can shore up for tonight’s game? Did UND play pretty well over all last night? Anything that they could change up? Just curious to get everyone’s thoughts on how the team performed. Thanks. 

26 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

What is wrong with some people. Hopefully the fan is ok and the guy who hurt him becomes intimately familiar with the Nebraska criminal justice system.

Civil justice system as well.   Boorish behavior is bad enough;  boorish  behavior that causes injury should be dealt with harshly.  

31 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

So I wasn’t able to watch the game last night. Anyone have any thoughts on anything UND can shore up for tonight’s game? Did UND play pretty well over all last night? Anything that they could change up? Just curious to get everyone’s thoughts on how the team performed. Thanks. 

They played a good not great two periods. A couple of bad penalties that were penalties a couple of head scratcher what was dregger thinking when he called it.  3rd period they ran out of gas killing the two penalties. 

51 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

For tonight, I would like to see all our guys come home healthy and in one piece.  Anything more than that is icing on the Penne Rosa.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Get different refs....biggest issue i saw.