SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO -- PENNE ROSA EDITION - Friday gameday

stoneySIOUX

I can't wait for this, so I am kicking this off. 

I expect our boys to go all in on this game. Effort right from the drop and leave no doubt. Don't leave it to Saturday.

UND WINS AND SKATES THE PENNE ROSA IN BAXTER, 5-2

Sendo, Gaber. Jammer, Frisch, Matteo

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Really hope the boys take care of business tonight. For selfish reasons, I’d rather not sweat it out tomorrow night. ;) :D

Go Sioux!

Feeling the same way and I'm confident they will. UNO has nothing to lose or gain this weekend and I expect them to bring it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Feeling the same way and I'm confident they will. UNO has nothing to lose or gain this weekend and I expect them to bring it.

Omaha is feeling very confident with their game right now, and I think they know they have to continue to play well because their only option is to win the Frozen Faceoff.  I don't think they want to take a step back in their play, so I think that is what they hope to accomplish this weekend.  What is the over/under on Kleven having some hits reviewed this weekend?

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Omaha is feeling very confident with their game right now, and I think they know they have to continue to play well because their only option is to win the Frozen Faceoff.  I don't think they want to take a step back in their play, so I think that is what they hope to accomplish this weekend.  What is the over/under on Kleven having some hits reviewed this weekend?

I still think Schloss should do a piece on reviewed hits and see how many times Kleven has had his reviewed in comparison to the conference/country. On the plus, his last few big ones have been deemed clean, and rightfully so. 

UNO will bring it this weekend, no doubt. They don't want that trophy skated on their ice. Their fanbase wants this so bad, too, because they think we are heated rivals ;)

13 minutes ago, tnt said:

What is the over/under on Kleven having some hits reviewed this weekend?

My personal favorite was a couple weeks ago when they reviewed the play on a big hit when the player hit the back of Kleven and then hit the ice.
Not sure what they would have even called that.
5min major for attempt at reverse check from behind?  ;)

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, brianvf said:

My personal favorite was a couple weeks ago when they reviewed the play on a big hit when the player hit the back of Kleven and then hit the ice.
Not sure what they would have even called that.
5min major for attempt at reverse check from behind?  ;)

Jack-in-the-box!!

37 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

I wish Midco was producing the feed tonight. We are spoiled!

so much going on with hoops - NSIC and Summit tournaments coming down to the wire, i get it.

But still, find it odd that Midco2 channel is showing relay of last week's game vs. W. Michigan. 

21 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Frisch and Gaber still out. Wonder if Berry saying otherwise was to get Omaha to focus their Penalty Kill practice on those two.

The boys played so well the last two weekends, and making sure they are healthy going into tournament time has got to help make those decisions conservative ones.   I'm sure Berry places first priority on the medical experts, but when it's borderline, he will no doubt err on the side of long term health.   Plus, if you are an elite program recruiting future NHLers, you better have the trust of players, their parents, and the NHL teams that you will protect the long term health of your players.   

Yeah, I know--that's all very obvious.   But every once in a while a guy has to try to sound smart.  Which never works. 

• Upvote 2