SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO -- PENNE ROSA EDITION - Friday gameday

stoneySIOUX

Just now, Blackheart said:

Glad UND won but 3 on 3 is nothing more than a gimmick.  Play 5 on 5 for 10 minutes (OT) and if you want to do a shootout after that, then fine.

The old WCHA 5 minute ot where winner took all and teams split if still tied after ot.  One minor adjustment of giving out 2 pts instead of three for regulation and ot wins would be all that would be needed to go back to old ot format.

Just now, siouxnatty#8 said:

The old WCHA 5 minute ot where winner took all and teams split if still tied after ot.  One minor adjustment of giving out 2 pts instead of three for regulation and ot wins would be all that would be needed to go back to old ot format.

Giving each team a point after a reg tie is giving both teams something neither earned.  

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

3 points system is perfect.

Way better than the old days before 3x3 and shootouts.

"Here's 5x5 For 5 minutes.....tie. One point each....Zzzzz."

Current system is flawless now.

Yeah, system is flawless if you can’t win a game and expect it to count as a win if you get to overtime.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yeah, system is flawless if you can’t win a game and expect it to count as a win if you get to overtime.  

Overtime is also a modern concept..... should we get rid of it too?

Or did you adapt that one as ok?

....another modern concept is splitting points.

I know sports fans in general hate change.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Green Banner said:

Didn't they do 5×5 ot then 3×3 and then shootout  years ago? I feel like that was a better scenario than what we have now

I agree. There is not perfect solution. I don't hate 3x3 like some do, but I agree there should be a 5x5 OT first.

Just now, Cratter said:

Overtime is also a modern concept.....we should get rid of too?

Or did you adapt that one as ok?

....another modern concept is splitting point. 

I know sports fans in general hate change.

So what you are saying is you like kissing your sister.  Guess I’ve always been a little  more competitive than accept a tie.

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

So what you are saying is you like kissing your sister.  Guess I’ve always been a little  more competitive than accept a tie.

You described the old system.

The new system actually declares a winner.

Giving one and two points is a nice compromise between the two parties.

But a Game winner is still declared unlike old times.

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

You described the old system.

The new system actually declares a winner.

One vs two points is a nice compromise between the two parties.

But a winner is still declares unlike old times.

An overtime win is a 55/45 split, so basically a tie.

7 minutes ago, tnt said:

An overtime win is a 55/45 split, so basically a tie.

This was done because of the smaller conference schools because they felt the bigger conference schools would dominate 3x3. Pretty much the only way to get all the conferences to go 3x3 and make the PWR work across all conferences. 

18 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

Prosecute him to the full extent of the law.  Pray for the lady he hurt and I hope he gets sued so he's working to pay her medical bills for the next decade for one night of (probably) drunken stupidness.   What you wear or who you cheer for doesn't mean a thing - what you did is everything!   What an asshole!

Turned out to be a guy that was pushed down about 6ft 

I'm sure the boys know all the tiebreaker info, and they won't be satisfied with just a share of the cup.  They'll want it outright and certainly won't want to share it with DU.
I think even without Frisch, Gaber, Sanderson, etc that we were the better team tonight and they can go out and take the W tomorrow as well.  UND outshot them 30-12 thru 2 periods.  They came undone a bit in the 3rd after the Kunz major.
Driscoll perhaps wants one back (the big rebound to the slot), but made some outstanding saves, including those two highlight reel ones in OT.

Tomorrow...don't give them any majors, limit their PP time, and play them hard 5x5 and they can be sole winners of the Penrose. 

Go Sioux!