SiouxSports.com Forum

Nashville

5 hours ago, DAR said:

Lack of offensive talent.   Senden is a third line forward at best.  Havent been impressed with Ford.  I doubt Griffen Ness will ever score a goal at UND.  

Interesting assessment considering ness was a pt/gm guy his last season at Waterloo. Completely agree with 19 though…has to be somewhere in the bottom 6

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

At some point Calder needs to ply with Schmaltz and Gaber for a few games as the top line.

Try Ford Caulfield and ???....maybe Budy. 

Hain Jamernik Senden

Last night might have been the worst display of passing I've seen by a UND team in a long time.

Agreed bust the lines up. Those transfers started hot but they appear to be complimentary players…not play drivers. I think Matteo needs to be moved up, looks to be one of the few F who has some skill and can create 

10 hours ago, gfhockey said:

One of the darkest days in und athletic history

wheres chaves in all this mess

The darkest day may have been Nov 18, 1995.  UND football gets blown out at home against NDSU, the hockey team lost to Anchorage completing a sweep by the Seawolves and both the basketball teams lost.  

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

The darkest day may have been Nov 18, 1995.  UND football gets blown out at home against NDSU, the hockey team lost to Anchorage completing a sweep by the Seawolves and both the basketball teams lost.  

Didn’t the hockey team get home ice in 95/96 and lose to Wisconsin? 

9 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Try the other goalie once when Driscoll is off. What’s the worse thing that can happen, you lose the game? Big deal. Don’t care about the atmosphere and no experience excuses etc. This isn’t the NHL…it’s college hockey, give the backup an opportunity. Driscoll can’t play every game this year too  Goodness. 

Many college hockey teams play and shuffle/rotate goalies. UND loves riding one goalie too much when goalie depth on certain/specific roster years is inferior and a bit weak. 

What if Driscoll gets injured for a portion of the year slightly at one point? Give the backup goalie some minutes here in the early season, sooner than later. 

What he said. 

Overall I had a good time and Nashville is definitely an experience. The game on the ice isn't what we hoped but still glad I came. I will say I was surprised by a relatively poor showing by Bridgestone. Not sure we brought our own people or it was mostly their staff.  The shot counter was off ALL game. It took forever for the PSU second goal to be put on the scoreboard. I had no issue getting in at 530 but anyone trying to enter after 6 was stuck in a mess.  The on ice graphics were cool but I wasn't impressed with the scoreboard operator. Ran put of popcorn upstairs. Could have been a smoother operation. 

8 minutes ago, bcblues said:

I wonder if the team is healthy. They looked slow and the passing was horrible. Maybe influenza, or even just common cold has hit the team???

They looked fine walking out for the fans at the bar the other night. They didn’t seem sick. 

1 hour ago, Kevin G said:

That is so freaking frustrating.

Is it no longer fair to assume that the price of a ticket includes a plane and a crew?

I won’t knock them too bad because they are my employer but it’s frustrating watching your plane get taking for someone else.