SiouxSports.com Forum

Nashville

2 minutes ago, jk said:

UND often struggles early even with more talent.  It's just gonna take a while.  I imagine the unexpected hole at 1C is having a big effect as well. (Not blaming him for the decision, but he was going to be leaned on a lot.)

Hakstol is no longer coaching the team.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Losing to a middle of pack B 10 team is not gonna be good for pairwise down the road.  Our body of work netter improve or we will be sitting home com national tourney time.  The argument can be made that Bemidji and Quinnipiac were quality opponents but I don't see Penn State as very good at all.  You just can't give up this many goals and expect to win games.

Go take a lookie how Bemidji and Quinipiac have done since playing UND. Those losses will hurt a lot too 

19 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

WhT was wrong with Sanderson tonight? Best player on the ice and it wasn’t close…couple fumbles and the bad penalty at the end. But he was still the best hockey player on the ice. Hopefully they switch the second man assist to his on the first goal..that wasn’t schmaltz I don’t believe 

He hasn't taken very good care of the puck all season.  Too many giveaways. Sanderson is ultra high end ala Cale Makar but it's like his heads somewhere else on some of his giveaways.  Granted at his worst he's top ten D in college hockey but he needs to take this team on his back right now because we aren't very good currently.

1 minute ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Go take a lookie how Bemidji and Quinipiac have done since playing UND. Those losses will hurt a lot too 

That song and dance we always hear about we get every teams best is getting old.  It's like we just lost to a suck hole B 10 team but hey you don't understand we are UND and we get everyone's best game so it's ok if we suck.  I just don't buy it.

5 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Three things for certain..taxes, death, and UND hockey fans overreaction after any loss. It's a long season, still plenty of games to go. 

For me it’s been a build up to this point and tonight’s performance just solidified all my concerns. Weak forward group, poor goaltending, and a d corps leaning on one kid who’s going to have bad games every now and then. We all already know they’ll get out coached every single game so we have to focus on the players pretty hard. Additionally, brads teams have progressively gotten worse as the season has gone on, not better like the Hal era. People get that mixed up 

12 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Three things for certain..taxes, death, and UND hockey fans overreaction after any loss. It's a long season, still plenty of games to go. 

Until it’s not and we are sitting on the outside looking in. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

That song and dance we always hear about we get every teams best is getting old.  It's like we just lost to a suck hole B 10 team but hey you don't understand we are UND and we get everyone's best game so it's ok if we suck.  I just don't buy it.

Not sure what you’re getting at. I’m saying those teams aren’t actually good judging by how they’ve performed since playing und. Which is the same side of the argument you’re on lol

2 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

For me it’s been a build up to this point and tonight’s performance just solidified all my concerns. Weak forward group, poor goaltending, and a d corps leaning on one kid who’s going to have bad games every now and then. We all already know they’ll get out coached every single game so we have to focus on the players pretty hard. Additionally, brads teams have progressively gotten worse as the season has gone on, not better like the Hal era. People get that mixed up 

So what's the answer take up a collection to get Hak back?  Just kidding i think Berry is ok but he needs to take on the role of strict disciplinarian now and make this team understand this is not acceptable.  A little skate anyone.

2 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Not sure what you’re getting at. I’m saying those teams aren’t actually good judging by how they’ve performed since playing und. Which is the same side of the argument you’re on lol

i am just saying it gets tiring hearing we always get evertone's best.  Penn St i didn't think played very well at all.  We just can't score and we have a leaky goaltender right now.  Driscoll is not a bad goalie and I think he will prove that but a ride on the pine might get his game back together because we are gonna need him if this ship ever gets righted.

Just now, crb1 said:

I certainly never thought Driscoll would be the savior but I hope he gets things figured out and the D can also help him because that was not a great showing tonight. 

Maybe we could bring in a midseason transfer ala what Gino told his goaltenders he would do the year before Eddie Belfour came in to get them motivated.

10 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

So what's the answer take up a collection to get Hak back?  Just kidding i think Berry is ok but he needs to take on the role of strict disciplinarian now and make this team understand this is not acceptable.  A little skate anyone.

I’d say push Berry out and give Jackson a shot. He seems like he has the demeanor to be a HC unlike Berry 

9 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I’d say push Berry out and give Jackson a shot. He seems like he has the demeanor to be a HC unlike Berry 

I liked Cary Eades over Hak when Hak was hired but I like Berry.  He needs to crack the whip more I feel but he is a good coach imo.  Berry regardless if it was a Hak recruited team got them over the hump in his first year.  Heck Blais who is an Icon only won one more natty than Berry.

23 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

BSU is 3-1 since they played UND.
QU is 2-0-1 since they played UND.
PSU is now 6-1.

Both BSU and QU will do well in their respective leagues.  Getting to OT in game 2 against BSU and getting the split against QU will be boosts to the PWR if UND can win enough games to make it into the tourney.

• Upvote 3