SiouxSports.com Forum

Drake@UND 4pm Potato Bowl USA

F'n Hawks

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So fans won’t support the team because we lost an FBS game? God forbid. It’s not like those who were on the fence were actually watching the game…..

Optics. Absolutely shitting the bed for 3 straight quarters on national television isn’t an attractive sell going i to a sleeper of an opener.

8 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Covid is a bigger detriment to ticket sales than UND's play in the 2nd half vs USU.  

Really doubt that many people were waiting for that result to buy their ticket. If they were, they weren't that bought in to begin with.

Expect 8-9,000 unless students show up or there is a huge walk-up crowd. Maybe decent weather help. Not ideal but it is what it is. 

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Really doubt that many people were waiting for that result to buy their ticket. If they were, they weren't that bought in to begin with.

Expect 8-9,000 unless students show up or there is a huge walk-up crowd. Maybe decent weather help. Not ideal but it is what it is. 

Maybe the Al could mandate proof of vaccination or a negative test...that would certainly help boost attendance.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Maybe the Al could mandate proof of vaccination or a negative test...that would certainly help boost attendance.

I have quite a bit of pour-on Ivermectin on hand. I could bring a portable cattle chute and we could douse fans as they enter.  As a bonus it will kill any lice and grubs a fan might have. 

• Like 1

@jdub27 you don’t buy in at all that the outcome of the USU game will affect attendance at all? I might be completely off, but I even look here. I truly believe there would be much more discussion if they had won / kept it within a respectable final score. 

I can only speak for myself, but I know my excitement level took a huge hit with that result. Here will come the down votes, but there are certain games and within those games certain runaway results that I think really hurt momentum for this program. The good news is there’s another one of those rare games in a few weeks. Things can get right back on track really quick.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

@jdub27 you don’t buy in at all that the outcome of the USU game will affect attendance at all? I might be completely off, but I even look here. I truly believe there would be much more discussion if they had won / kept it within a respectable final score. 

I can only speak for myself, but I know my excitement level took a huge hit with that result. Here will come the down votes, but there are certain games and within those games certain runaway results that I think really hurt momentum for this program. The good news is there’s another one of those rare games in a few weeks. Things can get right back on track really quick.

To a degree, yes, obviously it slows momentum. But noticeable in attendance? Maybe a few hundred at most. I honestly think weather has a bigger impact on both student and walk-up attendance than a win last week would have. Just my opinion though, could be completely off base.

Just some points of reference:
In 2015 after UND opened with a win over Wyoming, the following week's home opener/Potato Bowl had 9,800 in attendance.
In 2016 UND opened with road losses to Stony Brook and Bowling Green and attendance was 11,500 for the home opener/Potato Bowl vs South Dakota (which for the record was a top 10 game ever at the Alerus).
In 2017, UND got beat pretty good by Utah and the following week had 12,000 in attendance for home opener/Potato Bowl.
2018, Potato Bowl was the 2nd home game and 4th of the season.
2019, it was the season opener.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I have quite a bit of pour-on Ivermectin on hand. I could bring a portable cattle chute and we could douse fans as they enter.  As a bonus it will kill any lice and grubs a fan might have. 

I am going to wait for the Pfizermectin to come out.