Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Drake@UND 4pm Potato Bowl USA


F'n Hawks
 Share

Recommended Posts

• Injury Free

• Back ups in for the 4th quarter

This game won’t be close, but it is important that the starters put in a dominant effort. Go into the bye week feeling good, USU in the rear view. Need a confident unit going into NDSU week.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched a little it of the Montana State vs Drake game. MSU got off to a slow start but then cruised the rest of the way winning 45-7. I better see a similar score to that on saturday. UND should put up 40 or even 50 points against Drake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Schuster should only need to play the first half. Quincy gets in there and slings it a bit. Then Feeney gets 3-4 series at the end.

That would be good.
Somehow it seems we keep the starter in too long, that we're not into getting experience in for backup quarterbacks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coaches need to be aggressive, put this one away by halftime and develop their depth players. As @geaux_siouxsaid, Quincy should get plenty of time to sling the ball, and hopefully get Trey in their a bit too.

I want to see Quincy actually run the offense, not just be in there for gimmick plays; though he has done a terrific job in that role.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Coaches need to be aggressive, put this one away by halftime and develop their depth players. As @geaux_siouxsaid, Quincy should get plenty of time to sling the ball, and hopefully get Trey in their a bit too.

I want to see Quincy actually run the offense, not just be in there for gimmick plays; though he has done a terrific job in that role.

I agree, and I think we all want to see Quincy in and actually run the offense.  Not just when there is 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter and we are up by 20 plus.  I doubt we will see Trey in this game, but I sure hope we see Quincy get in before the 4th quarter.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

Why would people think this? MSU played them on Saturday and crushed them 45-7. UND should do exactly that or better IMO. Should easily be a 50 plus point game!

Absolutely.   I keep wondering why good team bothers to schedule teams like Drake or Valpo.   It's going to be a boring game by the middle of the first quarter, but it will be a W.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hawkster said:

Absolutely.   I keep wondering why good team bothers to schedule teams like Drake or Valpo.   It's going to be a boring game by the middle of the first quarter, but it will be a W.

Last week Alabama played Mercer, Georgia played UAB, Oklahoma played Western Carolina, and Clemson played SC State.  Combined score of the ranked teams over inferior opponents was 229 - 24.  Welcome to nonconference scheduled for college football.  Sure you will have some non conference games against ranked opponents.  But most of the time its cupcakes.  Games like these should always be scheduled.  Not only is it pretty much a guaranteed win against an FCS school (whick matters come playoff selection time) but it gives coaches a chance to rest starters and play 2nd and 3rd string guys.  Literally a win win!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Last week Alabama played Mercer, Georgia played UAB, Oklahoma played Western Carolina, and Clemson played SC State.  Combined score of the ranked teams over inferior opponents was 229 - 24.  Welcome to nonconference scheduled for college football.  Sure you will have some non conference games against ranked opponents.  But most of the time its cupcakes.  Games like these should always be scheduled.  Not only is it pretty much a guaranteed win against an FCS school (whick matters come playoff selection time) but it gives coaches a chance to rest starters and play 2nd and 3rd string guys.  Literally a win win!!

And it’s a great excuse to tailgate.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...