SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ ISU

AJS

I enjoyed the postgame interview with Coach, for several reasons.  

After listing several things his guys could do better, which is always good to hear after a win,

he went on to note how many more points we could have had, and how fewer they should have had (which has some truth to it too)

and realizing he was sounding too dismissive of the opponents and host for the day, closed by noting "they have scholarships too". :lol:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, farce poobah said:

I enjoyed the postgame interview with Coach, for several reasons.  

After listing several things his guys could do better, which is always good to hear after a win,

he went on to note how many more points we could have had, and how fewer they should have had (which has some truth to it too)

and realizing he was sounding too dismissive of the opponents and host for the day, closed by noting "they have scholarships too". :lol:

He must have read the ISU message board saying UND isn’t good. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

Sounds like a great game. Missed every bit of it stuck in Newark New Jersey. Couldn’t get on the site 

No kidding. I flew from Newark to MSP to Grand Forks today. Game started when I landed in MSP. Halftime when we took off, so I missed the awesome third quarter. Caught the last half quarter or so on radio driving home from the airport. 

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

While I don’t not want to win, but what about a road FBS game makes it “must win “?  Today was must win. drake is must win. But I don’t sense the season’s success is at stake against Utah State. 

Probably not a make or break on the season, BUT if this team is at the level that many of us expect it to be, they should be able to win a game like this. 

A much lesser team should have beat Bowling Green a few years back. This team when executing, should win this game.

10 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Probably not a make or break on the season, BUT if this team is at the level that many of us expect it to be, they should be able to win a game like this. 

A much lesser team should have beat Bowling Green a few years back. This team when executing, should win this game.

I see it as a nice little bonus at this point. Say we come out play competitive with Utah State and lose. We are 1-1 coming home against an easy Drake team. Best case scenario Utah State under a new HC does bad and we steal a win. Come home 2-0 likely gonna win against Drake and be 3-0 going into the Valley. I'll take either of those scenarios tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Dustin said:

While I don’t not want to win, but what about a road FBS game makes it “must win “?  Today was must win. drake is must win. But I don’t sense the season’s success is at stake against Utah State. 

Because Utah State is a winnable game that an elite championship team would not lose. We need to show we are the real deal. I don’t want a quality loss.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Interesting that Kupfer made the trip, he’s a walk-on right? I’ve heard he’s impressed so that’s awesome to hear. 

Kupfer was always Tom Miller’s “pick to click” when we were watching fall camp. Kupfer and Overby had the same build, height and wore the same number.  We had to tell them apart by Overby’s long locks compared to Kupfer’s more cropped do.  Kupfer looked good at camp but it remains to be seen if that will translate on the field of play. 

38 minutes ago, TBR said:

SDSU smoked the CSU Rams. We should be able to similarly defeat Utah State.

I like your moxy, but let’s adjust our expectations a tad. SDSU is better than us, right now (No sneaking up on them this year). And it appears Utah State is not as horrible as Colo. St. Let’s get a W however we can, and get the heck out of Logan. 

Crossing fingers on health of Maag and Haas. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I like your moxy, but let’s adjust our expectations a tad. SDSU is better than us, right now (No sneaking up on them this year). And it appears Utah State is not as horrible as Colo. St. Let’s get a W however we can, and get the heck out of Logan. 

Crossing fingers on health of Maag and Haas. 

To be fair, I wouldn’t say we snuck up on SDSU. They were about to blow our doors off when they dropped that pass in the end zone. We got very lucky that day but by no means did we sneak up on them. They were ready at the start of that game. 

12 hours ago, coltssiouxfan said:

I see it as a nice little bonus at this point. Say we come out play competitive with Utah State and lose. We are 1-1 coming home against an easy Drake team. Best case scenario Utah State under a new HC does bad and we steal a win. Come home 2-0 likely gonna win against Drake and be 3-0 going into the Valley. I'll take either of those scenarios tbh. 

It would be a mistake to refer to Drake as an “easy team”.  They have been competitive against us in the past and I believe scored over 40 points in their opener. As fans I guess we do the what if’s and scenarios but players and coaches who do that too often will end up 1-2. Fortunately, the team and coaches won’t be thinking past Friday. 

Missed parts of the game.

Our qb didn’t get sacked - correct 

Didn’t target out wide receivers much that I saw??

tommy looked good running but no planned running plays

did Quincy pass at all?

How many sacks did our d get? 

I saw beach play. - I assume Morrison also - did anybody else play nose for us?

did any true freshmen play?

just random questions for the more observant - thanks 

I'd guess at least one of the runs was designed and there was another roll out or two where he had the option to dump it off or run if it was covered. 

Zero concern about Quincy not throwing yet. Those plays are in the playbook and no need to use them until needed. Opponents know this as well but still aren't sure how it will be deployed. 

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Missed parts of the game.

Our qb didn’t get sacked - correct 

Didn’t target out wide receivers much that I saw??

tommy looked good running but no planned running plays

did Quincy pass at all?

How many sacks did our d get? 

I saw beach play. - I assume Morrison also - did anybody else play nose for us?

did any true freshmen play?

just random questions for the more observant - thanks 

I believe just one sack