SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ ISU

AJS

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

One comment I noticed from the Bungles board was they seemed convinced they were more athletic across the board than us. In the past I’ve thought that but other than WR I’m not sure I saw that at most positions yesterday.

Must be some strong herbicides in those potatoes.....

On 9/4/2021 at 10:55 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

Because Utah State is a winnable game that an elite championship team would not lose. We need to show we are the real deal. I don’t want a quality loss.

Well I want to eat some crow. Utah State is a pretty good team. Not unbeatable but a bigger test than I thought. Play a disciplined game and we can beat them.

I was at the ISU game. UND successfully executed crucially important plays much more frequently than did the opposition. Often these successful plays were unspectacular, such as gaining 2 yards on third and one. Execution in critical situations seemed to be the difference to me.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TBR said:

I was at the ISU game. UND successfully executed crucially important plays much more frequently than did the opposition. Often these successful plays were unspectacular, such as gaining 2 yards on third and one. Execution in critical situations seemed to be the difference to me.

But the Bungles were clearly more athletic though?

15 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

But I heard they were, like, super athletic, and stuff.

On a tragic note, Tanner Conner, the Idaho State WR with the TD that the announcers said has "World Class" speed and is basically "Captain American", tore both rotator cuffs after his 8th Superman rip open the jersey at the chest routine.  Tough break, wish the kid all the best.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

On a tragic note, Tanner Conner, the Idaho State WR with the TD that the announcers said has "World Class" speed and is basically "Caption American", tore both rotator cuffs after his 8th Superman rip open the jersey at the chest routine.  Tough break, wish the kid all the best.

Maybe he can play a 7th year like Smokin Joe Proethroe

17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Maybe he can play a 7th year like Smokin Joe Proethroe

Timing is everything.  Like when Smokin Joe would get 100 yards on his 43rd carry he'd normally do the Choo Choo Train.  That's classy and good timing.

For these youngsters I am going to give some advice:

If it's your 3rd TD and the other team can't stop you, go ahead and Superman (only 1 time is needed Tanner Conner) and the game has to close or your team needs to be ahead.(Tanner Conner take note)

And someone needs to bring back the throat slash, but only when your team puts the game out of reach, like up 14-20 near the end of the 4th quarter.......it has to make sense. (we are smart enough to know that players are not advocating slashing any real throats)  Since the NCAA banned the throat slash a dagger in the heart is a proper substitution.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I was finally able to watch the game last night. I had a good reason to miss it though!

That goal line stand was absolutely huge. After the spring it was really nice to see a stop like that.

The offense looks good and it appears we have a high ceiling as long as they can shore up most of those mistakes. Namely the snaps. 

Bummer to lose Haas but it seems we have some depth there.

I was really happy with the secondary and the scheme. That hit by Coley that knocked the ball out sticks out to me. 

I really didn't like that this game was scheduled but you play what's on the schedule. I am happy with the end result and we need to fix up some mistakes and if we can do that we could be really competitive tomorrow night.

Silver Salmon.jpeg

Nice boat!

• Upvote 1