SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The offense is in dire need of a couple true speed guys still though. Would be nice to see a couple transfers there.

Any redshirts fit that description? Belquist is quick but not fast. Cochran?  Move Smith on the perimeter more?

5 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

Is having everyone back from a team with a losing record necessarily a good thing?

Thats a legitimate question by the way.

It doesn't take much hope or imagination to see how the last 4 losses could go UND's way next year.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The offense is in dire need of a couple true speed guys still though. Would be nice to see a couple transfers there.

Best offensive player, LT Waletzko, will be gone, so need to replace him. Will be really tough to replace him. Offensive line needs to move people better than they have. 

I agree, the offense could use one more, or ideally two more, athletic big play fast perimeter players. Hard to get those kind of guys at FCS level, but they’re out there.

With that, most importantly, my #1 wish includes a better QB. Maybe Feeney will be that guy? This offense will continue to do what it’s done with current QB setup. That isn’t horrible though.  UND lost today not entirely due to its offense; the defense did allow 32 points, including a last minute drive when the TEAM desperately needed a stop. 

Allow this defense had shined in areas, defense has been susceptible against good spread teams - Utah State, Southern Illinois, and now Missouri State.

37 minutes ago, shep said:

Any redshirts fit that description? Belquist is quick but not fast. Cochran?  Move Smith on the perimeter more?

Thoughtful, but won’t yield anything. We’ve seen enough of Cochran and Smith to know what they are. Fine players, but not all-conference type guys. At RB, Smith still has a shot. 

45 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

Is having everyone back from a team with a losing record necessarily a good thing?

Hey NDSU rancher - F off.

UND has lost every MVFC game by one score or less, so yes, it is a good thing to have everyone back PLUS additional talent. 

The thing is, UND won’t truthfully have everyone back. they will lose some good players.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Hey NDSU rancher - F off.

UND has lost every MVFC by one score or less, so yes, it is a good thing to have everyone back PLUS additional talent. 

The thing is, UND won’t truthfully have everyone back. they will lose some good players.

May lose quite a few....

Maag, Waletzko, Canady, Turner, Larson, Krzanowski, Galvin, Holm, Morrison have all started all season.  Haas was injured in the first game.    A few may have come back but many either can't or likely won't.  Definitely some holes to fill.

Same crap different year. Decently talented freshman groups getting plagued by poor S&C and bad coaching who progressively degrade as their competitors get better. Saw it with Santiago, studsrud, Ketteringham, countless OL, and now Siegel, Tommy, Magg and Holmes etc. 

It’s truly a rare exception for anyone on Bubba’s teams to stay healthy and to consistently get better year after year and develop into a legitimate NFL prospect. I do however consistently see raw talent with phenomenal freshman and sophomore years fizzle out and turn out subpar or hurt more than healthy than disappear. Appears guys like Magg and likely Otis on entering that same path.  

Inconsistent years with up and down records just enough to keep Bubba around have been a curse for this program. Just good enough some years to keep him around but just bad enough to kill the fan base and keep them as a bottom dweller program. Tough to be a proud supportive fan with this team anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, shep said:

It doesn't take much hope or imagination to see how the last 4 losses could go UND's way next year.

That is the true definition of insanity.  To think that you can get different results with the same people.   Bubba, Danny, Otis, Tommy.

10 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Same crap different year. Decently talented freshman groups getting plagued by poor S&C and bad coaching who progressively degrade as their competitors get better. Saw it with Santiago, studsrud, Ketteringham, countless OL, and now Siegel, Tommy, Magg and Holmes etc. 

It’s truly a rare exception for anyone on Bubba’s teams to stay healthy and to consistently get better year after year and develop into a legitimate NFL prospect. I do however consistently see raw talent with phenomenal freshman and sophomore years fizzle out and turn out subpar or hurt more than healthy than disappear. Appears guys like Magg and likely Otis on entering that same path.  

Inconsistent years with up and down records just enough to keep Bubba around have been a curse for this program. Just good enough some years to keep him around but just bad enough to kill the fan base and keep them as a bottom dweller program. Tough to be a proud supportive fan with this team anymore. 

Funny observation.  Been listening to college football games for years on radio (Us, Notre Dame, Minnesota, NDSU) and I'm flabbergasted at how much UND broadcasters mention Baukol.  Thirty years of Notre Dame and they never mention their S&C guy.  

I can't say anything bad/good about Nate because I'm not in the know.  A few friends of mine that played at UND are 50/50 on him, which is any coach out there.  Just interesting that he is praised a lot on the radio.  NDSU mentioned their guy only because they knew he was headed to greener pastures.  

12 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

Because there has never been a team that has improved, matured or gotten better the following year?

• Upvote 2

While I’m at it, why does everyone on here think that if bubba punted on that fourth down play und would have won the game?

it was a three point swing, who knows how play calls may have changed, way to many variables were left to play out in that game.

who knows, maybe cam Miller would have come in and thrown two touchdowns in a come from behind win?

Playing the what if game just feels desperate.

5 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

While I’m at it, why does everyone on here think that if bubba punted on that fourth down play und would have won the game?

it was a three point swing, who knows how play calls may have changed, way to many variables were left to play out in that game.

who knows, maybe cam Miller would have come in and thrown two touchdowns in a come from behind win?

Your third paragraph is an entire what if scenario……

I hang my hat in the defense that game with the way they were playing. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

Can you get back to ranchin?

10 minutes ago, homer said:

Your third paragraph is an entire what if scenario……

I hang my hat in the defense that game with the way they were playing. 

I know it was a what if scenario, I was trying to point out that both sides can play the what if game.

there was a ton of time left in that game and the fourth down call wasn’t the deciding factor like some people on here like to think.

und has a good talent base, Otis weah is a dude. Und just needs to learn to execute the the little things to a high level. 

20 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

Your own moderator gets it, he says ndsu does nothing overly exceptional, they just do the little things exceptionally well.

Und seems to have mental breakdowns a few times a game of not doing the little things exceptionally well.   as an outsider, I feel that is a coaching problem.

This is a football truth...actually a truth in life.  At times our offense is like watching a circus.  Football at this level is 90+% coaching.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Texas rancher said:

I would of liked our chances if we had the lead down the stretch of that game. Coachs took away the chance at seeing what would of happened. That call was a game changer.