SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

UND has clinched a top 5 league finish, as Omaha can no longer catch them.   Some points next week (2+) would clinch home ice. 

Edit:  I'm wrong on next week.  It depends on UMD's result tonight, but it will take at least 3 points next week.

2 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Very early to talk NCAA a Bracketology but it’s five weeks away.

how interesting is this if seeds play out now:

Minnesota vs UND in a Loveland with Denver as well. ???

I'd take it but Minny looked good tonight against THE Ohio State University.

As they say in racing ... DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! 

What's left?
UMD and SCSU have 7 left, rest have 6. 

Team (H/R): schedule

DU (1/5): @WMU, @UNO, @/H CC
UND (2/4): @UMD, WMU, @UNO
WMU (4/2): DU, @UND, Miami
UMD (4/3): UND, @SCSU(1), @Miami, SCSU
SCSU (3/4): @UNO, UMD(1), CC, @UMD
UNO (6/0): SCSU, DU, UND
CC (3/3): Miami, @SCSU, H/@ DU
Miami (2/4): @CC, UMD, @WMU 

Standings:

DU 18 41
UND 18 39
WMU 18 34
UMD 17 29
SCSU 17 25
UNO 18 19
CC 18 14
Miami 18 12

Observations:
- The CC/Miami series this weekend will probably decide 7/8.
- WMU lost control of their #PenneRosa destiny with their weekend performance
- UMD and SCSU still have 9 points to settle between them; it gives SCSU hope of home ice
- UNO has closes out with six at home, and will probably have a say in who hoists #PenneRosa given the schedule 

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Standings:

DU 18 41
UND 18 39
WMU 18 34
UMD 17 29
SCSU 17 25
UNO 18 19
CC 18 14
Miami 18 12

Observations:
- UMD and SCSU still have 9 points to settle between them; it gives SCSU hope of home ice
- UNO has closes out with six at home, and will probably have a say in who hoists #PenneRosa given the schedule 

UNO did 6 of 7 series on the road. They’re out of gas…

On 2/12/2022 at 9:40 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

We are still in prime position to win another Peña Rosa!!

6C5AE980-48DE-4F16-AFB1-B31867CAA57D.jpeg

Love your optimism but don't think we are in a prime position, given the remaining schedule.  Possible?  Sure, but not probable IMO.   If UND wins the Penrose with this roster, Berry should get COY.  

Just now, burd said:

Love your optimism but don't think we are in a prime position, given the remaining schedule.  Possible?  Sure, but not probable IMO.   If UND wins the Penrose with this roster, Berry should get COY.  

I'd argue WMU and UNO will decide the #PenneRosa. Each plays both DU and UND to close out the season. 

On 2/13/2022 at 12:39 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Standings:

DU 18 41
UND 18 39
WMU 18 34
UMD 17 29
SCSU 17 25
UNO 18 19
CC 18 14
Miami 18 12

Observations:

DU has Western/CC/Omaha remaining. DU must lose one of those games and UND has to win out to catch them, or similar scenario. UND owns the tie breaker!

UND needs to go 3-3 (doable) and neither Duluth or St Cloud can catch them. If UND goes 3-3 and Western goes 4-2 UND gains 2nd seed. 

Western has a leg up on Duluth/St Cloud since they have 3 games against each other remaining. But Western has both DU/UND. They’d like Duluth/St Cloud to split points.

Duluth has one more point than St Cloud but Duluth has UND/Miami while St Cloud has Omaha/Miami remaining besides the 3 games against each other.

St Cloud trails Duluth by 1 but play winnable games vs Omaha/CC besides 3 games vs Duluth. If St Cloud gets 4 to 5 points from Duluth they’d be favored for home ice. 

Omaha is likely safely in 6th. They are at home the rest of the way but against St Cloud/DU/UND so they will be fortunate to gain another 6 to 9 points.

CC and Miami will play for 7th/8th in their series, one of them could catch Omaha but it’s unlikely because besides their own series they play DU/St CLoud/Western/Duluth.  

UND has a prayer at 1st seed (unlikely), but should be favored for 2nd seed. It would take some self-destruction (which we’re capable of) to be 3rd seed.  4th seed cannot happen unless either Duluth or St Cloud wins all 9 points remaining between them and we go 1-5 or less.  

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd call that a nomination for NCHC Defenseman of the Week. 

And honestly, allowing 2 PPG on the weekend, and pitching a shutout is a nomination for Driscoll. 

I think he's been one of UND's best d-men of the team. He's a rock. He's scoring goals like crazy. His game translates in all three zones. He blocked a couple of hard shots deep in the UND end late in the third period that stung him pretty good and just bounced back up and keep going. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I think he's been one of UND's best d-men of the team. He's a rock. He's scoring goals like crazy. His game translates in all three zones. He blocked a couple of hard shots deep in the UND end late in the third period that stung him pretty good and just bounced back up and keep going. 

One of the most underrated UND player in the last few years because of the bolded part. Nothing against Sanderson but you're only valuable when you actually play. Frisch is a gamer plain and simple.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

One of the most underrated UND player in the last few years because of the bolded part. Nothing against Sanderson but you're only valuable when you actually play. Frisch is a gamer plain and simple.

Agree whole heartedly, speaking of Sanderson, anyone got an update on him, how bad the injury is???

13 minutes ago, mn_sioux said:

I have also been wondering about Sanderson. Is he truely day to day, if not then give us an update on his injury status.

I assume Schloss knows what's up with Jake. Just not his place to be the one to break the news.

38 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I assume Schloss knows what's up with Jake. Just not his place to be the one to break the news.

After the game on Saturday, Schloss asked Brad, and it didn't sound like there wasn't very much information. And from reading Schloss's tweet today, it doesn't sound like he's going to play again during the olympics. 

Who knows?

• Upvote 1

Based off some things I have seen online mostly Schloss and Tim H. Sanderson is probably done for the season. Of course that is just speculation at this point but it is not pointing in the right direction. Really unfortunate if true that his playing career ending at UND like this. Let’s hope he is able to play a few more games here.