SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Not probably. ;) 

I like when kids stick it out and carve out a role on the team. I don't know all the variables involved in Blaisdell's departure, but I'd rather see them put in the work and earn their spot. Coltyn Sanderson is a recent player that comes to mind. He stayed for four years and earned a regular role on a national championship team. I know he was a different kind of player, but I like kids like that.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I like when kids stick it out and carve out a role on the team. I don't know all the variables involved in Blaisdell's departure, but I'd rather see them put in the work and earn their spot. Coltyn Sanderson is a recent player that comes to mind. He stayed for four years and earned a regular role on a national championship team. I know he was a different kind of player, but I like kids like that.

Difference is Coltyn was basically  a walk on. He could stay 4 years here and put in his time and earn a spot. Unfortunately in Blaisdell’s case, and I’m sure he’s not someone who thinks he doesn’t need to earn his ice time, but there are other factors involved when you’re drafted by an NHL team. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Chase Blackmun of Hudson WI is a defenseman we are hopefully looking at. Grad transfer from Lowell with two years remaining.

13 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

yes

Looking into some of the names, he would definitely be at the top of my wish list.

2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Difference is Coltyn was basically  a walk on. He could stay 4 years here and put in his time and earn a spot. Unfortunately in Blaisdell’s case, and I’m sure he’s not someone who thinks he doesn’t need to earn his ice time, but there are other factors involved when you’re drafted by an NHL team. 

I know. I just really have a soft spot for guys like Coltyn. Adams was able to improve every year and get a top line role. I don't know any of the behind the scenes details, but I would've thought the chance for a bigger role was there for the taking for Blaisdell next year.

10 minutes ago, franchise said:

I'm more confident that a D man is coming, than I am on the name, but yes he's listed

I was told correctly about Ford, for whatever that's worth

Heard anything about a transfer portal goalie?

3 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Me too!

I put this in a separate thread, but I really want to get the word out... so...

Hey all, 

Word is that the Ralph is having an equipment sale tomorrow (Friday) from 10:30 am to 4 pm or so at the arena that they cannot openly advertise, but want people to come. Anything from sticks, skates, breezers, apparel, goalie gear... basically everything. Support the team and the Ralph! 

CHECK IT OUT :D

stoneysioux

17 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Jandric put up good numbers for a dman in his 2 seasons at UAF.
8-29--37 in 63 games played.
Would be a great pickup and would have 2 seasons of eligibility left.

Highlights would be.

• All WCHA Rookie Team
  • Lead Alaska Dman in scoring both years
    • Fr: 15 Points (5th on team) - Leading scorer 24
    • So: 22 Points (3rd on team) - Leading scorer 33
  • Coaches Pre-Season All-WCHA Team for 2020-2021 (which Alaska ended up not playing)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AJS said:

Highlights would be.

• All WCHA Rookie Team
  • Lead Alaska Dman in scoring both years
    • Fr: 15 Points (5th on team) - Leading scorer 24
    • So: 22 Points (3rd on team) - Leading scorer 33
  • Coaches Pre-Season All-WCHA Team for 2020-2021 (which Alaska ended up not playing)

Sounds good to me. Let go!