SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

3 hours ago, Kevin G said:

I can't find a UND forward with a name that would complete the Ford - Pinto - xxxx line. If we can put a defenseman on this forward line, then Ben Blood might fit.

The Ford + Pinto = Blood line.

Move up Matt Greene from the blue line.  

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

Will be curious to see what Thome decides. I have to admit, I thought once Scheel signed he would withdraw his name from the portal. Makes me think he might not be coming back either. 

I’d be shocked if he’s back 

6 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

But at that age? Boston is a fun, yet very expensive, city, with a lot to offer.

Boston is my favorite city in this country.

Though I will say when I was there Google Map said Boston College is located about an hour drive from downtown Boston... so if accurate I’m not sure the city itself would be a huge factor. 

20 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Boston is my favorite city in this country.

Though I will say when I was there Google Map said Boston College is located about an hour drive from downtown Boston... so if accurate I’m not sure the city itself would be a huge factor. 

That can't be right

3 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I'd agree if it was BU or Harvard, but BC is in the suburbs, if not technically then at least by neighborhood feel.

Proximity, not necessarily walking distance. Being in the Midwest, we drive 4 hours for day trip. It doesn’t have to be downtown to enjoy the city...

I still see a roster needing 5F/4D/2G. 

Seems Portz and Schmaltz are (local consensus) 2 of the 5 F. Connor Ford as a portal makes 3. Need 2. 

Defense? Need 4. Luke Bast by age makes sense. The other recruits would all still be 18 at season start (Morrow and Benoit would be basically the same age as Frisch when he came in). And then Gabe Bast and Josh Rieger still have Covid years. Honestly, we're looking for 3 names here still.

Goalie? Need two. Kasey Johnson is the recruit and the age. There are options in the portal (Thome, Driscoll). We are looking for a name here also. 

PS - Goehring spoke highly of Harrison Feeney during the season. How good is he? Could he be a viable number two goalie and Johnson is the third? 

10 hours ago, shep said:

Been there twice but can't recall if BC or BU is close to downtown. One of them seemed like it wasn't far from downtown Boston. 
LOVED Fenway

Boston U is near Fenway.

Watched the Championship Game in 2015 at the Cask & Flagon and it was full of disappointed BU undergrads....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I'd agree if it was BU or Harvard, but BC is in the suburbs, if not technically then at least by neighborhood feel.

BC and BU campuses are 3 miles apart. BC is in Chestnut Hill

Boston? 

Ride the "Christmas colors" T routes* any time; the other routes only in daylight. That's from some BU grads I know. Worked when I visited there. 

Green goes through BU to BC; Red goes over the 'Chahs' to 'Hahvid'. ;) 

https://www.mbta.com/schedules/subway

*Red and Green 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Now that we've visited Boston ... the 2021-22 roster problem remains:

Forwards:

• Portz
  • Schmaltz
  • Ford (xfer from BGSU)
  • _______
  • _______

Defense:

• Bast, L
  • _______
  • _______
  • _______

Goalie:

• Johnson, K
  • _______

I think Constantini will be coming in.

Would think that Morrow will be coming on defense with how highly ranked he is for the draft.  Would think that if he doesn't come in this year, he probably doesn't come.  Some have talked about some concerns about him, so who knows. 

Much speculation I’ve been reading but need help to fill in the blanks, we want 15 forwards, 8 defensemen and 3/4 goalies on the roster, is that correct?

We have 10 forwards unless I’m missing something:

Weatherby, Senden, Jamernick, Gaber, Hain, Caufield, Blaisdell, Budy, Ness and Albrecht

We have 4 defensemen;

Sanderson, Frisch, Kleven and Moore

We have 1 goalie (Thome is supposedly in the portal so not counting him) Feeney

We need 5 forwards and it appears we have 3 figured out: Porto, Schmaltz and Ford (what about Adams and Keane Are they a possibility?) so need 2

We need 4 D and appears that Bast Jr is coming along with 3 not determined (what about Bast Sr?)

Are there some source of surprises other than the portal where we might see a rabbit pulled out of Brads hat?

We could use quality forward like a Cruikshank but we need a goalie, even if Thome comes back and we need a couple D no matter what. 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Now that we've visited Boston ... the 2021-22 roster problem remains:

Forwards:

• Portz
  • Schmaltz
  • Ford (xfer from BGSU)
  • Constantini
  • Portal Forward

Defense:

• Bast, L
  • B. Johnson
  • Portal D-Man (Jandric or the Lowell guy)
  • _______

Goalie:

• Portal Goalie (Driscoll is very likely a big time target for UND)
  • _______

Not sure about forwards, but I'd think I'd add Constantini. My guesses above...