SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

12 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Based on that article, Schlossman foresees ... 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Forwards:

• Portz
  • Schmaltz
  • Ford (BGSU portal) 
  • _______ (Kunz)
  • _______ (Constantini)
  • _______ (portal)

Defense:

• Bast, L
  • Ferner (RPI portal)
  • Jandric (UAF portal)
  • _______ (Johnson or Morrow or portal) 

Goaltender:

• Driscoll (BSU portal)  
  • _______ (late recruit or portal) 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I thought Kaleb Johnson was going to age out of juniors but I agree that he needs another year of junior hockey.

So that means the coaches are still looking for another goalie.  

Kaleb Johnson is a January 2001 DOB. 

USA Hockey's Junior Program is available to athletes who are at least 16 years of age and no older than 20 as of the 31st day of December.

Kaleb is 20 today and will still be 20 as of December 31. He has a juniors year left. 

• Upvote 1

In 117 total career NCAA games, 12 goals, 25 assists, 37 points. (Frisch, Sanderson, Kleven, Moore)

In 133 total career NCAA games, 12 goals, 37 assists, 49 points. (Jandric, Ferner)

Name the player (or players) in each group. 

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

In 117 total career NCAA games, 12 goals, 25 assists, 37 points. (Frisch, Sanderson, Kleven, Moore)

In 133 total career NCAA games, 12 goals, 37 assists, 49 points. (Jandric, Ferner)

No takers on this one?
Someone figuring it out would highlight my and their day. 
Believe it or not, the answer is the original post if you figure out how to see it. 

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is that returning scoring for our 3rd and 4th liners?

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

No takers on this one?
Someone figuring it out would highlight my and their day. 
Believe it or not, the answer is the original post if you figure out how to see it. 

Emphasis on highlight. I use my phone 90% of the time to visit SiouxSports. I happened to visit on my work computer during a break. :) 

9 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Emphasis on highlight. I use my phone 90% of the time to visit SiouxSports. I happened to visit on my work computer during a break. :) 

you-have-done-well-grasshopper.jpg

Were you as surprised as I was when you saw that breakdown?
Basically it's a group of five Covid-shortened seasons versus four full college seasons. 

On 4/12/2021 at 3:50 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Kaleb Johnson is a January 2001 DOB. 

Kaleb is 20 today and will still be 20 as of December 31. He has a juniors year left. 

Starting to think i'd be surprised if he makes it to campus ever.

7 hours ago, ChadR said:

Goalies are strange critters: One day they are "like sieve" and the next day they're a stone wall because something just clicked. For some it never happens; for others it happens in reverse. 

19 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

For those of you who didn't get it, just highlight (click/hold and sweep your mouse over) all the words in that post and the answers appear like magic! (That doesn't work on an iPhone when I tried it.) 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

For those of you who didn't get it, just highlight (click/hold and sweep your mouse over) all the words in that post and the answers appear like magic! (That doesn't work on an iPhone when I tried it.) 

So we should anticipate more scoring from our defense next year? The younger guys should increase with more ice time in critical situations and it appears that Ferner and Jandric have proven to produce points.  

3 minutes ago, mattim said:

So we should anticipate more scoring from our defense next year? 

The experience being brought in was surprising. The historic scoring is a bonus (because I'm not sure it translates across conferences). 

11 hours ago, ChadR said:

I'm kind of in that boat as well.  Had some okay success in the NAHL, nothing earth shattering though.

Being a GF kid I see him ending up at the school though.  

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm kind of in that boat as well.  Had some okay success in the NAHL, nothing earth shattering though.

Being a GF kid I see him ending up at the school though.  

I would have agreed with you before Costello. Even less so given he's a Goalie. I'm not saying he will or he won't, but they've shown recently that even if they are local, if they aren't going to add value, they won't be brought in.

47 minutes ago, AJS said:

I would have agreed with you before Costello. Even less so given he's a Goalie. I'm not saying he will or he won't, but they've shown recently that even if they are local, if they aren't going to add value, they won't be brought in.

But don't you think he is being brought in as the "practice" goalie, that would be accepting of his role?   It takes a special kind of person to go in and have pucks blistered at him every day with the knowledge that they most likely won't be playing but a period here or a period there, unless a couple guys go down, and even then they would probably bring in another person anyway. 

15 minutes ago, tnt said:

But don't you think he is being brought in as the "practice" goalie, that would be accepting of his role?   It takes a special kind of person to go in and have pucks blistered at him every day with the knowledge that they most likely won't be playing but a period here or a period there, unless a couple guys go down, and even then they would probably bring in another person anyway. 

I don't believe that is the case, given Feeney is the practice goalie and will only be a Junior next year. I am a big proponent of the "Extra" guy being local though. 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I don't believe that is the case, given Feeney is the practice goalie and will only be a Junior next year. I am a big proponent of the "Extra" guy being local though. 

To me if that wasn't going to be the case, then it was very odd that he committed so long ago before they had a good track record in Junior hockey.  It says he committed October 2018, and he played for Central in 2018.