Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season


Frozen4sioux
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Based on that article, Schlossman foresees ... 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Forwards:

  • Portz
  • Schmaltz
  • Ford (BGSU portal) 
  • _______ (Kunz)
  • _______ (Constantini)
  • _______ (portal)


Defense:

  • Bast, L
  • Ferner (RPI portal)
  • Jandric (UAF portal)
  • _______ (Johnson or Morrow or portal) 

Goaltender:

  • Driscoll (BSU portal)  
  • _______ (late recruit or portal) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Schlossman seems pretty confident that Portz and Schmaltz are coming this fall. I’d like Kunz also. 

Why?

The Sleeper Line — it ends with z’s 

Yes!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought Kaleb Johnson was going to age out of juniors but I agree that he needs another year of junior hockey.

So that means the coaches are still looking for another goalie.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I thought Kaleb Johnson was going to age out of juniors but I agree that he needs another year of junior hockey.

So that means the coaches are still looking for another goalie.  

Kaleb Johnson is a January 2001 DOB. 

Quote

 USA Hockey's Junior Program is available to athletes who are at least 16 years of age and no older than 20 as of the 31st day of December.

Kaleb is 20 today and will still be 20 as of December 31. He has a juniors year left. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In 117 total career NCAA games, 12 goals, 25 assists, 37 points. (Frisch, Sanderson, Kleven, Moore)

In 133 total career NCAA games, 12 goals, 37 assists, 49 points. (Jandric, Ferner)

 

Name the player (or players) in each group. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

In 117 total career NCAA games, 12 goals, 25 assists, 37 points. (Frisch, Sanderson, Kleven, Moore)

In 133 total career NCAA games, 12 goals, 37 assists, 49 points. (Jandric, Ferner)

 

Name the player (or players) in each group. 

No takers on this one?
Someone figuring it out would highlight my and their day. 
Believe it or not, the answer is the original post if you figure out how to see it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

In 117 total career NCAA games, 12 goals, 25 assists, 37 points. (Frisch, Sanderson, Kleven, Moore)

In 133 total career NCAA games, 12 goals, 37 assists, 49 points. (Jandric, Ferner)

 

Name the player (or players) in each group. 

 

 

Is that returning scoring for our 3rd and 4th liners?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

No takers on this one?
Someone figuring it out would highlight my and their day. 
Believe it or not, the answer is the original post if you figure out how to see it. 

Emphasis on highlight. I use my phone 90% of the time to visit SiouxSports. I happened to visit on my work computer during a break. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Emphasis on highlight. I use my phone 90% of the time to visit SiouxSports. I happened to visit on my work computer during a break. :) 

you-have-done-well-grasshopper.jpg

 

Were you as surprised as I was when you saw that breakdown?
Basically it's a group of five Covid-shortened seasons versus four full college seasons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Nope. 
I gave a hint on how to find the answer in the second post. 

Nice touch...never would have guessed but good to know that for next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2021 at 3:50 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Kaleb Johnson is a January 2001 DOB. 

Kaleb is 20 today and will still be 20 as of December 31. He has a juniors year left. 

Starting to think i'd be surprised if he makes it to campus ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ChadR said:

Starting to think i'd be surprised if he makes it to campus ever.

Goalies are strange critters: One day they are "like sieve" and the next day they're a stone wall because something just clicked. For some it never happens; for others it happens in reverse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

In 117 total career NCAA games, 12 goals, 25 assists, 37 points. (Frisch, Sanderson, Kleven, Moore)

In 133 total career NCAA games, 12 goals, 37 assists, 49 points. (Jandric, Ferner)

For those of you who didn't get it, just highlight (click/hold and sweep your mouse over) all the words in that post and the answers appear like magic! (That doesn't work on an iPhone when I tried it.) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

For those of you who didn't get it, just highlight (click/hold and sweep your mouse over) all the words in that post and the answers appear like magic! (That doesn't work on an iPhone when I tried it.) 

So we should anticipate more scoring from our defense next year? The younger guys should increase with more ice time in critical situations and it appears that Ferner and Jandric have proven to produce points.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mattim said:

So we should anticipate more scoring from our defense next year? 

The experience being brought in was surprising. The historic scoring is a bonus (because I'm not sure it translates across conferences). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ChadR said:

Starting to think i'd be surprised if he makes it to campus ever.

I'm kind of in that boat as well.  Had some okay success in the NAHL, nothing earth shattering though.

Being a GF kid I see him ending up at the school though.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm kind of in that boat as well.  Had some okay success in the NAHL, nothing earth shattering though.

Being a GF kid I see him ending up at the school though.  

I would have agreed with you before Costello. Even less so given he's a Goalie. I'm not saying he will or he won't, but they've shown recently that even if they are local, if they aren't going to add value, they won't be brought in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, AJS said:

I would have agreed with you before Costello. Even less so given he's a Goalie. I'm not saying he will or he won't, but they've shown recently that even if they are local, if they aren't going to add value, they won't be brought in.

But don't you think he is being brought in as the "practice" goalie, that would be accepting of his role?   It takes a special kind of person to go in and have pucks blistered at him every day with the knowledge that they most likely won't be playing but a period here or a period there, unless a couple guys go down, and even then they would probably bring in another person anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, tnt said:

But don't you think he is being brought in as the "practice" goalie, that would be accepting of his role?   It takes a special kind of person to go in and have pucks blistered at him every day with the knowledge that they most likely won't be playing but a period here or a period there, unless a couple guys go down, and even then they would probably bring in another person anyway. 

I don't believe that is the case, given Feeney is the practice goalie and will only be a Junior next year. I am a big proponent of the "Extra" guy being local though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I don't believe that is the case, given Feeney is the practice goalie and will only be a Junior next year. I am a big proponent of the "Extra" guy being local though. 

To me if that wasn't going to be the case, then it was very odd that he committed so long ago before they had a good track record in Junior hockey.  It says he committed October 2018, and he played for Central in 2018. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...