SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

19 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I think it is wonderful to get Driscoll for next year. This will be tremendous. I must admit though, I don't follow BSU very closely since they are in the WCHA, but I assume he is a good goaltender. My concern is more long term, like the following year when Driscoll is gone, where does that leave our goaltending situation. Do we ride Driscoll all year and not give any of other goalies, whoever they may be. We don't seem to have a good 2nd or backup goalie. Nothing against Harrison but he has seen extremely limited playing time, and that is an understatement, and any freshman will be well a freshman. Just doesn't seem like a great situation in the coming years. We may need to look at getting another transfer for the following year.

He's solid you just never know when kids jump conferences. Jandric is a name tied to us a bit. He put up great numbers in Fairbanks however last year in Denver was fairly avg. I'm assuming he was a PP guy in Fairbanks and not in Denver.

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

He's solid you just never know when kids jump conferences. Jandric is a name tied to us a bit. He put up great numbers in Fairbanks however last year in Denver was fairly avg. I'm assuming he was a PP guy in Fairbanks and not in Denver.

Chris Jandric did not play anywhere in 20-21 season. You are thinking of his brother, Steven, who transferred to Denver.

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

We’re talking about the Jandric who was not in Denver though. The defenseman. 

Based on Schlossman articles, official reports, and player Twitter accounts ... 

Forwards:

• Portz
  • Schmaltz
  • Ford (BGSU portal) 
  • _______ 
  • _______
  • _______ <- slot added because Blaisdell is in the portal 

Defense:

• Bast, L
  • _______ <- Morrow?
  • _______ <- Johnson? 
  • _______ <- Portal Guy? 

Goaltender:

• Driscoll (BSU portal)  
  • _______ 

Based on Schlossman articles, official reports, and player Twitter accounts ... 

Forwards:

• Portz
  • Schmaltz
  • Ford (BGSU portal) 
  • _______ 
  • _______

Defense:

• Bast, L
  • Ferner (RPI portal)
  • _______ <- Morrow?
  • _______ <- Johnson? 

Goaltender:

• Driscoll (BSU portal)  
  • _______ 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Gotta love guys who attended RPI no matter for how long. ;) 

His hometown is Dakota Dunes, SD. (Across river from Sioux City, IA.) Has there been a SD player on the roster before?

Good grief, we'll have the all-upper Midwest defense: MN (Frisch), ND (Kleven), SD (Ferner), and MT (Sanderson). 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Add Grad transfer Brady Ferner. This appears to be Rieger's replacement. If that is the case, I really like the move. 

If he can eat a bunch of wings then play at a heated rival on the road, and score, THEN we will see if it's a good move.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Gotta love guys who attended RPI no matter for how long. ;) 

His hometown is Dakota Dunes, SD. (Across river from Sioux City, IA.) Has there been a SD player on the roster before?

Brothers Buzz and Prince Johnson were from Webster SD and two of the programs earliest stars. Both played for Team USA in the 1949 World Championships and Buzz was the first ever UND All American along with Dan McKinnon in the 49-50 season.

• Upvote 2

Forwards:

• Portz
  • Schmaltz
  • Ford (BGSU portal) 
  • _______ 
  • _______

Defense:

• Bast, L
  • Ferner (RPI portal)
  • Jandric (UAF portal)