SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. AIC.

Wilbur

In all honesty though we should steamroll this team tonight.  We have the best team in the country for the past 24 months and this will be just more motivation that they have a play-in game just to face Duluth who will be fresh.  I hope it pisses them off and we roll the next 2 games. 

1 minute ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Exactly what is the NC$$ testing protocol? And if there is one positive test is that team done?

This is what I'm actually interested in out of all this bickering.  Mel Pearson sounded perplexed that his team was booted, I wonder if a trainer or ancillary member of the team tested positive and every other player tested negative but were "close contacts".

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

I have the solution. 
All teams must wear this (in appropriate colors of course). 

adult-inflatable-jurassic-world-t-rex-co

Imagine each team had to wear that until they put their jerseys on.  Walking into the arena, around the hotel, and on the bus.  Freaking hilarious idea!

Just now, snooty89 said:

Imagine each team had to wear that until they put their jerseys on.  Walking into the arena, around the hotel, and on the bus.  Freaking hilarious idea!

No, NO, NO! 

Too dangerous to put on jerseys. You put on pads and wear that on the ice over them. That's why the appropriate colors. 

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

No, NO, NO! 

Too dangerous to put on jerseys. You put on pads and wear that on the ice over them. That's why the appropriate colors. 

Ridiculous idea...I mean how are you expected to hold a hockey stick with those short little T-Rex arms? ;)

51 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Another lemming I see.....this is the way it is so except it. No thanks. Asking UND to do better by their students who are paying tuition is complaining? 

Seems some are bent on testing asymptomatic athletes repeatedly but not getting student back in class. 

Who else is complaining?  It's over a year since the covid began.  Ever thought of changing schools?

Should've had the tournament in one city and had enabled some flexibility for a team on stand-by to fill a spot in the bracket.

Or, they should've just taken the top 4 teams this season and place them in the Frozen Four (like the old days).

Hopefully, the NCAA gets its right when the next pandemic hits. Hopefully, I'm not around to see it

Couldn't they have sent an alternate team to each site.  Or a team close by regionally that was a bubble team?  I bet Denver UConn and others on the outside looking in would have taken that chance.  They would have been there, been tested, and been ready.  

1 hour ago, NoDak Fan said:

Should've had the tournament in one city and had enabled some flexibility for a team on stand-by to fill a spot in the bracket.

Or, they should've just taken the top 4 teams this season and place them in the Frozen Four (like the old days).

Hopefully, the NCAA gets its right when the next pandemic hits. Hopefully, I'm not around to see it

Hopefully the NCAA is reformed and castrated by the time the next pandemic hits.