SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. AIC.

Wilbur

12 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Keep just blindly complying with whatever is fed to you even if it is completely void of common sense.  

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Especially the lackeys at UND like yourself. 

#followthescience

Who said I agreed with it? The rules were known well in advance and they haven't changed. Pretending this whole thing is some new revelation and complaining about it is equally as void of common sense. 

If I'm supposed to be picking up some check at UND, that's news to me. Might have to run over to Twamley next time I'm near campus to see if they've been holding out on me.

• Upvote 1

A few years back a friend told me about a website that has links to sporting events from all of the world.  He told me to be sure I had a good ad blocker, because it can cause some problems.  I pulled it up to see if there was any college hockey on it and it does list Wisconsin and Bemidji State on it.  Try wiz1.net.  I haven't tried to hit any of the links.  I am at work and don't need the aggravation this afternoon, if I start getting popups.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Who said I agreed with it? The rules were known well in advance and they haven't changed. Pretending this whole thing is some new revelation and complaining about it is equally as void of common sense. 

If I'm supposed to be picking up some check at UND, that's news to me. Might have to run over to Twamley next time I'm near campus to see if they've been holding out on me.

Point being that if no one ever spoke up, no rules would ever change.  The "we should just be happy they are letting us do something" mentality has gotten crazy.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jk said:

I have a coworker with a son at UMich (just a student) and the son called today with news he had covid.  So maybe it's going around campus. 

It is just curious to me that all that states that had the lockdown mentality from the outset seem to be suffering setback after setback with Covid. 

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

It is just curious to me that all that states that had the lockdown mentality from the outset seem to be suffering setback after setback with Covid. 

I'd disagree considering no Minnesota teams have had an issue yet. Their lockdowns had to be more stringent than Michigan or Indiana.

10 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Point being that if no one ever spoke up, no rules would ever change.  The "we should just be happy they are letting us do something" mentality has gotten crazy.  

I don't even disagree with you but I won't hold my breath on the big changes that will come from anonymously complaining on message board.

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I'd disagree considering no Minnesota teams have had an issue yet. Their lockdowns had to be more stringent than Michigan or Indiana.

So you're saying the state of Minnesota hasn't had issues with widespread variants? 

13 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I don't even disagree with you but I won't hold my breath on the big changes that will come from anonymously complaining on message board.

Have lots of names with times and dates from phone calls and emails to many of the UND minions this academic year and all share the exact same canned verbiage to their COVID answers. Don't think for a second that isn't driven from the very top on down.

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Have lots of names with times and dates from phone calls and emails to many of the UND minions this academic year and all share the exact same canned verbiage to their COVID answers. Don't think for a second that isn't driven from the very top on down.

That seems like a lot of work.

6 minutes ago, brianvf said:

That seems like a lot of work.

Narrow minded retort.

When you have a child up there that basically is having her college experience stolen along with her tuition money it is really not. Don't think it is too much to expect an answer to if the plan is to get students off their laptops on their couches and into a classroom. Haven't gotten that answer yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Narrow minded retort.

When you have a child up there that basically is having her college experience stolen along with her tuition money it is really not. 

Every student at every level is having to deal with a ton of changes this past year due to COVID protocols.
This certainly isn't limited to just one student or one school...complaining about it nonstop probably isn't helping her college experience at all either.
Maybe take her out of college and enroll her again later once all the COVID madness is done?  ;) 

7 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Every student at every level is having to deal with a ton of changes this past year due to COVID protocols.
This certainly isn't limited to just one student or one school...complaining about it nonstop probably isn't helping her college experience at all either.
Maybe take her out of college and enroll her again later once all the COVID madness is done?  ;) 

Another lemming I see.....this is the way it is so except it. No thanks. Asking UND to do better by their students who are paying tuition is complaining? 

Seems some are bent on testing asymptomatic athletes repeatedly but not getting student back in class. 

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Another lemming I see.....this is the way it is so except it. No thanks. Asking UND to do better by their students who are paying tuition is complaining? 

Ha hardly a lemming.  As a small business owner, I've had to adapt my entire business due to COVID protocols.  It hasn't been an easy year and I'm more than ready for this to be over.  The alternative is I don't abide by county rules and just close my business until COVID is over?  No thanks.  So yes, I do have to accept it for the time being.

Same thing with current students.  You can either accept that this is our current reality, enroll her elsewhere (if there is a school that is handling things better in your opinion), or take her out of school until things improve.

9 minutes ago, Buck Nasty said:

Can all of you please shut up and keep this about UND hockey. Seriously, no one cares! That means you oxbow 

Fair enough "Buck".....but it is always entertaining to see those so eager to response to everything I post. It isn't a one way street.

Just hockey it is.

31 minutes ago, neoflex said:

Why wouldn't UND have the option of the bye, particularly  being the #1 seed? There ought to be some reward for that...or at least have the option of the bye or to play. Just food for thought

Because we weren't slated to play Michigan?

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fair enough "Buck".....but it is always entertaining to see those so eager to response to everything I post. It isn't a one way street.

Just hockey it is.

One would have to think there must have been multiple tests or the player that did test positive got a Rapid positive and then did a blood test to confirm or something.  I can't imagine they wouldn't confirm something 2 or 3 times before ending their season.  So stupid they are going out and looking for positives.  Unless they are showing symptoms then what is the point?