SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Early Departures

cberkas

A lot of college hockey teams lose key players early. Happens every year. This years end result stings as UND had depth but didn't have a healthy Mismash and Seden for the final games.

Pinto leaving... Another year would have been nice, but he'll do just fine in the NHL. He's ready. Can, shoot, win faceoffs, solid two-player etc. Looking back, too bad he did't win a natty and he only got to play in one national tournament at UND because of Covid. That's what really sucks.

UND just needs to land a few guys in the transfer portal, making sure they're the right fit. For next year, you never know. 

Duluth continues to win and play deep into the playoffs year in and year out with less talent. It's about time for UND to start doing that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

Stay away from the portal, there is a reason they are in the portal.

That’s a pretty general statement.  Westin Michaud worked out pretty well.  Without any help from the portal I think UND is fighting to stay in the upper half of the league.  Will probably be in that predicament regardless, but they need a scorer to put alongside Gaber.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, tnt said:

That’s a pretty general statement.  Westin Michaud worked out pretty well.  Without any help from the portal I think UND is fighting to stay in the upper half of the league.  Will probably be in that predicament regardless, but they need a scorer to put alongside Gaber.

I’m opposed to massive portal adds. One guy, maybe two if they aren’t the same positions, fine. But I don’t want to add a bunch of one year guys only to be stuck in the same position again next spring. 

Id rather give some of our returning guys a chance to step up. 

2 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Welcome back Thome!

I still think you have to look for a goalie that can be a go to guy.  Not that Thome can’t, but we saw what happened when Scheel lost confidence a year ago.

Just now, Wilbur said:

Guessing they grab a portal goalie too. 

This is the position I feel UND has been behind on.

Karl needs to get out and recruit some goalies. 

Moe is the only Portal goalie I'd go after as of right now