SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Early Departures

cberkas

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Is he expected to skate inside his own blue line?  That's a big one. 

Are we really rolling out all the "Gretzky in his youth" quips. :D 

I sure hope Mr. Caufield understands playing for Montreal is a constant microscope. 

Pinto and JBD are as good as gone.  They will be in the Senators lineup and getting NHL money and starting their entry-level deals with fat signing bonuses and making $20k/week while up in the NHL. 

Sanderson should be back for one more year.  IF he plays all of next year like he played on Saturday he will be playing next to Chabot this time next year.

51 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Pinto and JBD are as good as gone. 

I agree on JBD, but I'm not quite as sure on Pinto. Here's why:

They (OTT) took Wolanin after a junior year. Has he met their expectations for a 4th round pick? 

JBD? His game translates better to the NHL right now (defensively). 

But given Wolanin, and seeing Tim Stuzle (Mr. WJC) with a line of 6-13-19 (minus 12) in 33 NHL games makes you wonder if Pinto doesn't need one more year. 

But when it comes to OTT ... who knows. 

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

They (OTT) took Wolanin after a junior year. Has he met their expectations for a 4th round pick? 

But given Wolanin, and seeing Tim Stuzle (Mr. WJC) with a line of 6-13-19 (minus 12) in 33 NHL games makes you wonder if Pinto doesn't need one more year. 

Wooly got waived last week. With that said, I felt like he contributed to OTT while he was there, but not enough apparently to stay on the squad.

37 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I thought JBD had a bad season, personally.  Offense seemed to regress significantly and his defense wasn't what I would call "locked down."

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I thought JBD had a bad season, personally.  Offense seemed to regress significantly and his defense wasn't what I would call "locked down."

I agree with that. I also love Guch and think he is a great player and person but he was not the same player as last year. Both him and Adams would be great to have back for another year. 

• Upvote 1