SiouxSports.com Forum

UND versus NDSU - 1st DIV I Conference Game 2020 Rona moved to 2021 @ Manure Pit - RIVALRY?

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

So I think Cam Miller is the better option for NDSU but my question for those great QB minds would be is he actually the preference for UND? Maybe I’m completely off base but UND has done fairy well against the QB run this year but we have kind of been torched through the air a few times. 

19 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

NDSU's d-line is by far the best UND will face. That is the major concern to me. And their overall speed on defense. 

Can the same be said of our O-line, the best that NDSU will face?  Interesting matchup there.  How about their O-line vs. our D?  Are we gonna be a lot more aggressive towards the QB compared to WIU (more like the first 3 games)?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

I am fine with downplaying us, however SU has certainly not looked great in any of their victories and they have played the bottom of the conference while we have plated the top tier teams. Still I will have a pit in my stomach until we prove it on the field. I believe it was Coach Roebuck who was quoted as saying "You haven't really beaten the bison until you beat them on their home court/field." 

I agree 100%, we have to beat them at their place.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

It could go either way. Zeb would’ve likely been murdered if he started. If Miller gets a ton of first downs to extend drives he could really hurt us. He’s also not big. If he starts taking some shots from holding the ball too long it could work out for us. Hoping Kaupenen can drop the hammer on him like he did that WR last Saturday.

That was an awesome hit. Love that kid!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

Nope. That's in the past. This game isn't against the 8 time champ it's against this current ndsu team. No need to add the weight of previous years to this game.  Just another tough opponent on the schedule. 

exactly...this aint what we are used to seeing from the bizons....i wish an immobile qb like zeb was gonna start...he would've been knocked out by halftime

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Where has Simple Dan been lately?

Probably trying to find the missing 3,000+ NDSU fans that haven't shown up the last few weeks to reach capacity. 

Guessing there will be just a few UND fans available to help them get that number closer to a modified sellout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Probably trying to find the missing 3,000+ NDSU fans that haven't shown up the last few weeks to reach capacity. 

Guessing there will be just a few UND fans available to help them get that number closer to a modified sellout.

The turnout of UND fans will be impressive.  I got a mass text when there was 1000 tickets left online and know a lot of people that bought the max number of 6.  

• Upvote 3

I see overconfidence from fans of both sides here.  

Me, I am going to just wait and see if UND can have the breakthrough win over NDSU this season.  it's going to happen at some time, hopefully this Saturday.  If you made me bet my paycheck for even money, I'd put it on NDSU at home and with obvious recent tradition on their side. 

Hope I am wrong. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

From watching a lot of both programs this season, UND should win and win easily, but crazy things happen in rivalry games.   They may not know it yet in Fargo but their run is finally over. 

They lost a playoff game a few years back and people proclaimed the King had been deposed then as well. We all bore witness to what happened after that. 

57 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Hearing there isn’t a 100% chance of Miller starting. I really hope Entz starts Zeb. 

I really hope that is just coach speak for the media, but Entz has a history, albeit short, of making boneheaded decisions so I wouldn’t put it past him.

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I really hope that is just coach speak for the media, but Entz has a history, albeit short, of making boneheaded decisions so I wouldn’t put it past him.

It'll be Miller. It's common courtesy as a coach to keep your two deep accurate and Entz has a couple kids who haven't dressed a game yet this spring on there. Shows his true colors weekly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

It'll be Miller. It's common courtesy as a coach to keep your two deep accurate and Entz has a couple kids who haven't dressed a game yet this spring on there. Shows his true colors weekly.

I’ll have to take your word for it on the the two deep accuracy comment, never heard that before.