SiouxSports.com Forum

UND versus NDSU - 1st DIV I Conference Game 2020 Rona moved to 2021 @ Manure Pit - RIVALRY?

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

NDSU is not the best team in the valley and could go 0-3 the next few weeks. They are barely one dimensional as of last week. All three D lines in the upcoming games are going to be better than UND and will shut the run down. Good thing NDSU won the Siouxper bowl because that could be the last highlight of the season for them.......

If I had a dime for every time I have heard this.

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I think people are throwing out ridiculous excuses is all. They did nothing special. Just normal Power running game.

That they hadn't done all year, may want to add that in there.  So it was a fairly significant "wrinkle".  

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

You mean their running game finally woke up?!?!?!? Not denying that to be key for NDSU going forward but the passing game is still worse than even UND’s! NDSU has shown some life finally by they have a long way back if that passing doesn’t get any better. My prediction is 1-2 but I could see them going 2-1

NDSU is averaging 230 yards rushing per game.  Im not sure I would call that asleep.

I’m not sure I even follow the point here. Whether NDSU did or did not add a wrinkle for this game? What does it mean if they did? I don’t understand why this even matters.

As if adding some sort of special game plan means that the coaches took the game seriously? That’s absurd.

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

No need, they ran the same plays & schemes they ran all year, right?  Nothing special for UND.  

The answer is yes, nothing special.  They game plan for every team, but nothing major was changed. Did you see any screens or slants?  Those would be wrinkles.

NDSU is a run first and pass 25% of the time to keep the D from stacking the line team.  Nothing new.

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Sounds like Spack called coach Stig last week and told him not to prepare for them and focus on NDSU because they were going to shut’er down after last week.

If this is true there should be repercussions. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Sounds like Spack called coach Stig last week and told him not to prepare for them and focus on NDSU because they were going to shut’er down after last week.

If you're referring to Kolpack's comment, pretty sure he's confusing and connecting two separate conversations. I also doubt that SDSU was doing a ton of gameplanning for NDSU the week of their SIU game. One of the Argus Leader's writers (who actually cover one of the team invovled) corrected him. 

Just now, jdub27 said:

If you're referring to Kolpack's comment, pretty sure he's confusing and connecting two separate conversations. I also doubt that SDSU was doing a ton of gameplanning for NDSU the week of their SIU game. One of the Argus Leader's writers (who actually cover one of the team invovled) corrected him. 

Zimmee’s column quotes Stig as saying Spack called him last week way before it was announced. Not sure what else last week would mean.