SiouxSports.com Forum

UND versus NDSU - 1st DIV I Conference Game 2020 Rona moved to 2021 @ Manure Pit - RIVALRY?

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

DO NOT MISS THIS ONE!

Many MooU fans don't think there is a rivalry, maybe even a few Hawk fans? They will all get a fast lesson in TRADITION on Saturday.

This game should be a great game for all. A lot of talent on both teams with a match up of top 2 in the Missouri Valley Football Conference.

images.jpg

• Upvote 3

A few days old, a good read this week.

You figured this spring FCS season was going to be a little funky? You had no idea
Written By: Mike McFeely  Feb. 27, 2021

The Bison have issues.

And that the Bison lost might not be the biggest story in the long term in north Fargo. They were going to lose at some point and it was likely a loss or two was coming in this oddball spring season.

The bigger point is that this NDSU team has problems, starting with the offense and laser-pointed at the quarterback.

On this day, the issues in no way stopped there. The Bison were uninspired, undisciplined and hugely overconfident.

NDSU safety Michael Tutsie said twice after the game that the Bison players thought they could "roll their helmets out onto the field" and win the game. This is probably not surprising, given NDSU has a roster filled with players who'd never lost a college football game and have won multiple national championships. The danger in that way of thinking was exhibited for all to see.

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6908806-McFeely-A-loss-yes-but-the-once-invincible-Bison-have-bigger-issues

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This right here is the conference championship.  Whoever wins this game, will win the Valley. 

More accurately, whoever wins this game controls their destiny to win the Valley. I don’t want to assume any wins.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This right here is the conference championship.  Whoever wins this game, will win the Valley. 

I believe it is a mistake to think past Saturday’s game regardless of the opponent. Yesterday should have made it clear that there isn’t a team that can’t beat UND or NDSU on a given day. If NDSU were to win and win out,  SIU could do the same, UND could do the same and you have a three way tie. Saturday’s game is a win or loss that counts no more than the Saturday wins over Ill State or WIU. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I believe it is a mistake to think past Saturday’s game regardless of the opponent. Yesterday should have made it clear that there isn’t a team that can’t beat UND or NDSU on a given day. If NDSU were to win and win out,  SIU could do the same, UND could do the same and you have a three way tie. Saturday’s game is a win or loss that counts no more than the Saturday wins over Ill State or WIU. 

For sure, with one game at a time. This game being on the road could be our biggest challenge so far this season. We have to p[ay well.

21 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

For sure, with one game at a time. This game being on the road could be our biggest challenge so far this season. We have to paly well.

Yup. We will need our best game of the year. No turnovers, limit coverage mistakes, protect Schuster and no penalties or mental mistakes and I like our chances. Probably will face the best running QB we have faced this year. 

Love how some at Moo U think it is an advantage that "UND has no film on Miller". We have faced first year starters in a couple of our games. We don't need no stinking film. We have sent three of the four starting quarterbacks we have faced to the training room. Can't wait to see what Freund has in his playbook to unleash. It's gonna be Bloody Nose Alley out there and I like our chances. 

22 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Love how some at Moo U think it is an advantage that "UND has no film on Miller". We have faced first year starters in a couple of our games. We don't need no stinking film. We have sent three of the four starting quarterbacks we have faced to the training room. Can't wait to see what Freund has in his playbook to unleash. It's gonna be Bloody Nose Alley out there and I like our chances. 

I mean...if given the choice between no film on a player and film on a player  I’m gonna put money on 100% of D Coordinators choosing to see film on someone.

• Upvote 2