SiouxSports.com Forum

Bullying

SiouxFanatic

If anyone says "UND hockey is built on character and sportsmanship" they are out of their mind. I'm not saying that UND hockey has a history of bringing in terrible criminals and such, but UND hockey is built on luring in the best talent they can. That's it. Not much else matters. 

6 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Cancel culture at work once again.  Pathetic

Easy boss. I don't think NDSU Football brings in perfect angels year after year. The last two seasons they've had players busted smoking dope and other for illegal performance enhancing drugs. That's not even digging into NDSU's love for best buy........

https://www.inforum.com/2922453-12-charged-best-buy-theft-ring

6 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Easy boss. I don't think NDSU Football brings in perfect angels year after year. The last two seasons they've had players busted smoking dope and other for illegal performance enhancing drugs. That's not even digging into NDSU's love for best buy........

https://www.inforum.com/2922453-12-charged-best-buy-theft-ring

Smoking DOPE?!?!? What a bunch of thuggish savages. Lock them up and throw away the key

I understand the Coyotes doing this, though what a disaster of a way to run your program. Why did they draft him in the first place then.

At this point, I don't want to see UND do the same thing, and this is why .... If UND didn't want to deal with a PR nightmare, they shouldn't have brought him in. They knew exactly what they were dealing with, and what baggage would come along with it, and made the decision to move forward with this. Now the kid has been on campus, going to school and practicing with the team. UND and Berry needs to speak up and address this, more so than the canned responses that we have heard, but they need to own their decision. 

Cutting the kid at this point is simply saying we don't want to deal with the problem ..... that is something they should have though about before ever bringing the kid to campus.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SiouxForever said:

Idk and most of you don’t know MM. I can’t judge him. 

With that said, embarrassing that the Coyotes said they’d work with him and then renege on their commitment. 

Yikes! That looks awfully bad too. 

Exactly .... I don't think there is a person out there that would defend what MM did, but from a program standpoint, this looks really dumb for the Coyotes. Hoping UND does not follow suit on this one. You made a decision, you made a commitment, stick it out, make the best of it, use it as a opportunity to teach others. If this kid is going to play for UND, I think he should have some exceptional circumstances, be held to a higher standard than others, and truly be forced to face what he did every day. Saying he wants to help create change against bullying in a form letter sent to NHL teams or a public statement is worthless, get out and actually do it; and the coaches should shoulder some responsibility in helping to make this happen.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Understand this as well, sure the kid may not have his rights owned right now.

But this makes it easier for him to get to the NHL.

Play a year maybe two, show redemtion, and have 30+ clubs able to sign with as a free agent.

Not so sure about this, with 10 teams saying they had him off their list, and I would bet that the victims mom will be more proactive in denying him a chance to play pro hockey.  

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The coyotes blaming this on coevid difficulties with this draft is absolutely over the top pathetic.

Seriously?    Did they fire anybody?   That is the way the cancel culture works. 

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

Not so sure about this, if 10 teams said they had him off the list, and I would bet that the victims mom will be more proactive in denying him a chance to play pro hockey.  

This loses its power over time, in reality.

Especially if UND can and does support his true redemtion.

Right or wrong it does.  It will be easy to sign the kid quietly to an AHL deal then ease into it, there isnt nearly the publicity of the NHL draft.

But ultimately this kids future is in his hands and how he handles himself.

Rights or no rights he was an NHL draft pick. No one can take that away from him.

* Disclaimer for every post on this subject.

- The actions of Miller where disgracefull disgusting and evil. I hate them. It angers me physically.

- I do not know this young man's heart now.

- I respect Berry's ability to see potential in redemtion and forgiveness for him Nd to mold him to a decent himan being. However the situation is entirely owned by him and UND at this point.

Coyotes doing a great job on showing how much of a dumpster fire organization they are. Wowza. Go from defending to reverse course in very little time. 

UND made their bed/decision to stand by Miller. I hope they don't do an about face like the Arizona.

Just now, siouxfaninseattle said:

Really a bull**** statement by Arizona. Why didn't they just say the truth - "we caved to pressure on social media". They make it sound like they didn't know what happened before they drafted him.

That's 100% accurate.

• Upvote 2