SiouxSports.com Forum

Bullying

SiouxFanatic

9 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

What a horrible time to grow up in.  The retaliation is akin to bullying.  What if MM killed himself?  Then what?  People feel good? Justifiable homocide?  I get having to make the right decision for the program, and I by no means condone the behavior, but this is the mob.  

He can still attend college even at UND to try and better himself, just not have the privilege of playing on the UND hockey team.  He can still play hockey, just not here.  His family has pushed hockey over character so go find a major junior or European team to play on.  If he's good enough, he will still get his chance to play in the NHL assuming he's used his time to show he's changed.  He's not cancelled, he's just gotta do it the hard way now.  Seeing the mentality of the sister on Twitter really started to drive home the point that it's not just Miller that has the attitude issue, it's looking like the entire family does. 

• Upvote 1

Really, would anyone want someone like MM on their hockey team?   We live in different times now and that conduct just shouldn't be tolerated.   And any place he lands should be worried his twin sister would go ballistic if he didn't get playing time or he was criticized.  

8 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

No - the BULLYING of a classmate was the BULLYING!

You forget where this all started - WITH THIS ENTITLED PRIVELEDGED LITTLE ASSHOLE whose chose to BULLY a kid and now - BOO HOO his "future" is being taken away.   !@#$ HIM

HIS VICTIM IS STILL WALLOWING IN NOT ONLY THE HORROR OF DEALING WITH HIS CONDITION on a DAILY BASIS BUT THE MENTAL ANGUISH of everything this ASSHOLE  made him feel.  It's BAD and it's WRONG!  STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THIS ASSHOLE!  s

?? "what if MM killed himself" over this??

BOO HOO!   He made his bed - he has to lay in it! 

I wouldn't lose 1 night of sleep because I'm sure his victim has had so many more bad nights.   I'm ashamed of you yzerman - I thought you were a better person than all this.

Miller did horrible things as a youth but is he not entitled to a second chance?  No forgiveness man?  Pretty harsh comments when talking about life and death.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

He can still attend college even at UND to try and better himself, just not have the privilege of playing on the UND hockey team.  He can still play hockey, just not here.  His family has pushed hockey over character so go find a major junior or European team to play on.  If he's good enough, he will still get his chance to play in the NHL assuming he's used his time to show he's changed.  He's not cancelled, he's just gotta do it the hard way now.  Seeing the mentality of the sister on Twitter really started to drive home the point that it's not just Miller that has the attitude issue, it's looking like the entire family does. 

Regarding the sister, she shoulda known that only one person in the US is capable of pulling the least racist guy in the room card.

33 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Miller did horrible things as a youth but is he not entitled to a second chance?  No forgiveness man?  Pretty harsh comments when talking about life and death.

He 100% is entitled to a 2nd chance.  Just not at UND.  

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Regarding the sister, she shoulda known that only one person in the US is capable of pulling the least racist guy in the room card.

I know you literally think about that guy 24/7 but keep your political bs in the dumpster fire thread. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I think everything that needed to be said has been said. Anything now is rehashing and piling on.

@UNDBIZ @The Sicatoka @brianvf 

Please feel free to close the thread.

Agreed. 

At the minimum remove the posts where a user is advocating self harm for this troubled young man. 

There is still a spotlight on this issue and it is disgusting and appauling that we or the program and University can be tied to such comments.

I know things are a bit looser right now with no sports but as a community the line has to be drawn and thats waaaaaayy over it.

I hope that individual, IP,s email addressess, and everything assosciated be scrubbed and banished forever.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

I agree 2 families are devastated.   One will be fine because some team somewhere (maybe in Europe) will give him a chance because of his hockey talent.  Hooray!  He won't make millions from the NHL but most likely  a comfortable life in the KHL or another league in Eurpope - HOORAY!

One family will just try to find ANY path to ANYTHING for their child who's suffered from something he never asked for or deserved and NEVER deserved to be kicked in the face with by a kid who had everything from the start and now acts like HE'S THE VICTIM!

I will continue to make sure MM has NO FUTURE in college hockey or the pros in the USA

I don't care about his "talent" or "potential"

HE fucked it up by being a psychotic asshole

He has NEVER made a path to redemption.

I will always advocate for his "VICTIM"  - who''s name was....BOO ? do you know? 

You're pretty quick to judge the 8th grader. Yes, he should have known it was wrong, but look at how he was raised. I feel bad for the kid, and not because his whole future is unraveling, but because he was clearly raised by parent who put status and hockey ahead of teaching him morals in principles. 

The kid who was bullied was absolutely a victim here, BUT there were a lot of people who failed MM along the way.  If you are raised to be an A-hole and think you are better than everyone, that is exactly who you will become. Its a sad breakdown here, and as much as MM may not understand why he is losing all of these opportunities, my guess is his parent are probably filled with anger, rather than remorse. They should be upset at how they have raised their kid, and where they got it wrong, not upset that he is losing out on his hockey future.

This whole situation, beginning to end, should be a case study used by schools and athletic teams as to the ramifications of what bullying can really do. Not just the horrible experience for the victim, but also the cost for the bully. Maybe it will get some kids to think twice.

@gfNDfan I totally get the anger at this kid for being a jerk, but when you completely write people off with the F him attitude, do you ever expect him to change? This kid did some terrible stuff, and clearly has some moral issues, but if you give him a big " F You", he is going to give it right back. That is the mentality this kid has been programmed with. He probably won't ever take the high road with anything, unless someone shows him what the high road actually is.

7 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Yeah, McKenzie Miller was trying to stand up for her brother, which is understandable for a twin sister to do, but she isn’t doing anyone any favors with her comments.  

Agreed, the biggest and best thing anyone in this family can do at this point, is make clear they are sad and disappoint for MM, acknowledge that they understand why this happened, express some real sorrow for the victim and the fact that this ever took place, and hope for the best for both the victim, and their son/brother/relative going forward.

Then again, if they were a family capable of all of this, the scenarios may never have become what they are today.

16 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

I will continue to make sure MM has NO FUTURE in college hockey or the pros in the USA

Its admirable how much better you think you are than MM. Your intentions may be the opposite of him, but your attitude puts you right in the same camp.

• Upvote 3

• UNDBIZ locked this topic