SiouxSports.com Forum

Bullying

SiouxFanatic

Hope everyone's been well. Just started hearing about the topic last night and have a feeling this one is going to die slow. Definitive action from the athletic department and university, absolutely. But considering how cynical, dysfunctional and toxic of an environment that MM comes from, I would anticipate a fight from his family on some level. Really hope this opened everyone's eyes as this is a deserved gut punch. I'm proud that the university is choosing to stand strong in its decision, no matter when they were made aware.

4 minutes ago, SiouxSherm94 said:

Hope everyone's been well. Just started hearing about the topic last night and have a feeling this one is going to die slow. Definitive action from the athletic department and university, absolutely. But considering how cynical, dysfunctional and toxic of an environment that MM comes from, I would anticipate a fight from his family on some level. Really hope this opened everyone's eyes as this is a deserved gut punch. I'm proud that the university is choosing to stand strong in its decision, no matter when they were made aware.

They flip-flopped

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Random thought:
Another good day to not have the old nickname. 

UND will be slung around enough as it is. 

Yah, if opposing fans didn’t already have enough reasons to hate IND. This mess certainly doesn’t help. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm still waiting for the USA Hockey explanation of, and apology for, putting a Team USA jersey on Miller ... twice. 

I'd be willing to bet Armacost was taking heat from the faculty. 

Nobody GAF about USA hockey or USHL.  

1 hour ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

That this has happened tells me that Brad Berry didn't do his due diligence before he offered the kid a scholarship, or that some of the stuff that has come out recently is questionable, or that it is simply mob mentality in control. I wonder if the kid simply lied to BB or was loose with the truth. What a crappy situation. And it is not even close to over yet.

He and his family have been downplaying it for years by doing the bare minimum required , why stop during Brad Berry's recruitment of him.  

They sure got him off the website roster fast.  And to think it took them like a month to post my grades every semester.....:whistling:

I can't imagine he would stick around Grand Forks after this.  I'd assume he is trying to figure out where he is allowed to play hockey.  

2 hours ago, Limu Emu said:

President Armacost should be commended.

Wrong! Had the school handled this proactively, I may agree with you. They made a bad situation worse; by handling this retroactively.

This decision should have reviewed long before this kid ever set foot on campus. The Coyotes botched the way they handled this, and UND has followed suit. UND just showed there lack of leadership here; had they cut the cord on this in June or July, it would have made way more sense. Deciding half way through the first semester, and a day after the coyotes cut them, show that they are just following suit and appeasing the status quo.

To be clear, I am not making an argument for this kid to be on the team, and I'm certainly not going to defend what he did. I don't give a rat's a$$ if he is the #1 draft pick. MM issues are 1 part of the equation here. UND's handling of the situation is the other. They accepted the risk on the kid, knowing what they were taking on, then changed course.

I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't feel bad for this kid. He has clearly done some terrible things and I have no idea where is head is at now, but I cannot even imagine the rollercoaster of being 18, going to UND to play hockey, starting school, making new friends, getting drafted, then having everything pulled back like that. What a mind 

38 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

They sure got him off the website roster fast.  And to think it took them like a month to post my grades every semester.....:whistling:

I can't imagine he would stick around Grand Forks after this.  I'd assume he is trying to figure out where he is allowed to play hockey.  

Meanwhile its takes them months to update the football roster with new players and updates weights.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

I read this yesterday. His mom threatening the victim’s mother was a big yikes for me. 

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Now I don't know any of them, but I think we can ready about this and all know the type. 

Think MM did something bad, I'm sure we would be shocked and appalled by what his parent would have to say about all of this behind closed doors.