SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

15 hours ago, Irish said:

And your point is?

a.  Everyone is wrong - Bubba did a great job of game prep and coaching this year - don't believe your lying eyes

b.  Ok, Bubba did a poor job - but he is very flexible and open to input - he'll have things changed by next year for sure

c.  I know Bubba did a crappy coaching job this year and probably won't change but I don't want to talk about it any more and I don't want to hear about it from anyone else on this fan board either.  

You forgot option D:  I know Bubba did a crappy coaching job at times this year and probably won't change, but I realize we won't be buying out his contract. I will still bring  up his game management and mistakes on occassion because it is a legit issue,  but I won't post about it on a daily basis, in specific detail, about each poor game management decision (EVEN if somebody else remotely mentions something related to it like other coaches making bad decisions or poor game management choices)

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

... @GreenWing and I broke his psyche his last game at Richmond yelling unspeakable things to him during the warmup.

" ... your mom put you in mismatched Garanimals ... you're an un-color-coordinated mess!" 

" ... there's a great big Spider behind you!" 

Am I close? :D 

• 2 weeks later...

The NCAA has announced plans for the JuiceU and Montana game in Texas if COVID. limits  the numbers of eligible players for either team… If one or both teams fall below the number before arriving then the game will be 1/14.

If both teams get to TX and one or both fall below the number of eligible players and choose not to play (who would do that?), the game would be declared a no contest. If only one team was unavailable, the available team would be declared the winner. If both teams are unavailable, the title would be vacated.

What a mess? I hope Montana has enough players!

24 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

The NCAA has announced plans for the JuiceU and Montana game in Texas if COVID. limits  the numbers of eligible players for either team… If one or both teams fall below the number before arriving then the game will be 1/14.

If both teams get to TX and one or both fall below the number of eligible players and choose not to play (who would do that?), the game would be declared a no contest. If only one team was unavailable, the available team would be declared the winner. If both teams are unavailable, the title would be vacated.

What a mess? I hope Montana has enough players!

Neither MSU coach Brent Vigen nor NDSU coach Matt Entz expects to miss any players due to COVID, they said during virtual press conferences on Thursday. While the teams' full vaccination rates have not been publicized, Vigen said around 90% of his players were vaccinated by the season opener, and NDSU was around 85% in August as well, according to the Forum or Fargo-Moorhead. Neither team has dealt with COVID issues all season.

Doesn't sound like it's an issue

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Can't have positives if you don't test.

Unvaccinated players and other team personnel, as well team members with COVID symptoms, were required to be tested weekly during the first four rounds of the FCS playoffs. That policy is also in place this week.

Members of MSU and NDSU have to submit attestations of vaccinations or negative tests before they get to Texas.

Good enough for me!   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Can't have positives if you don't test. ;)

I am hoping eventually, we stop testing people unless they're sick. The NFL and NHL are going to be moving in that direction. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Testing only unvaccinated people when you can still get and transmit Covid when you are vaccinated is one of the dumbest things going on right now.  In sports and in society.  

Couldn't agree more.  

The Vaccinated should be testing much more that the Unvacinated as they are much more likely to be positive and not know it. 

• Upvote 2

After weeks of the papers stressing to get vaccinated because hospitals are full(note: beds have been decreased due to lack of staff AND ICUs are always 90%+ full), this morning’s paper had headlines hospitals get reprieves as COVID cases decline. In MN now, our COVID test results say PCR COVID Positive….You may or may not have COVID. Seriously!! Good thing the Vikings are not in the playoffs. 
Tell the NCAA and NFL too.

money and control IMHO

i have been in health care too long!

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Big Green said:

Couldn't agree more.  

The Vaccinated should be testing much more that the Unvacinated as they are much more likely to be positive and not know it. 

Regarding the general public - if a person is not willing to be vaccinated, what is the likelihood that they are willing to voluntarily get tested? It is common knowledge in our school district that many in our community have had COVID symptoms within their family, but refuse to be tested, and of course would never wear a mask or stay home.  

Very true CMSioux…. The public has lost trust and interest in this whole COVID situation. TMI,  information confusing, information changing. We had a death in our county because the person refused to go to the doctor or hospital… age was 50 to 60 years old.

What does a multi million dollar industry do, like pro sports? Then the NCAA micro manages next Saturday’s game.

Basically I know two things: COVID is here to stay and it is too confusing!

GO UND

41 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Regarding the general public - if a person is not willing to be vaccinated, what is the likelihood that they are willing to voluntarily get tested? It is common knowledge in our school district that many in our community have had COVID symptoms within their family, but refuse to be tested, and of course would never wear a mask or stay home.  

I guess most of the people I know that are not vaccinated have been tested.  Personally speaking I'm not vaccinated and I've been tested about 6 times.

IMO the biggest problem now are the vaccinated no longer getting tested.  In my life I've seen more vaccinated people with symptoms not getting test because they are vaccinated than i've seen Non-Vaccinated people not getting tested.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Very true CMSioux…. The public has lost trust and interest in this whole COVID situation. TMI,  information confusing, information changing. We had a death in our county because the person refused to go to the doctor or hospital… age was 50 to 60 years old.

What does a multi million dollar industry do, like pro sports? Then the NCAA micro manages next Saturday’s game.

Basically I know two things: COVID is here to stay and it is too confusing!

GO UND

Agreed.  It's the mass psychosis that is hopefully a passing fad.    

22 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

At 300 pm NDSU will have another national championship and UND will still have Bubba.

UND has a great ambassador for the university in Bubba, but I'm afraid his chance of winning a national championship is now in the rear view mirror.  And when Entz is hoisting that trophy don't forget on October 2nd we were leading the Bison with about 7 minutes left in the 3rd qtr. 

It was 4th and 1 at our own 20.  Someone on UND staff thought NDSU would automatically run their punt return team on to the field, we would leave our OL on the field and sub in Q among others.  NDSU noticed the OL move so they kept their defense on the field.  Instead of calling TO and punting we ran the Q sneak anyways and didn't make it.  Did I mention we had the lead in the 3rd quarter at our own 20?  Who the &$(^ didn't call TO and punt?  

Looking back on Bubba's coaching time at UND, it will be very easy to determine when it started to go downhill.  The entire season was downhill from that moment.  I'll shut up for awhile now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

UND has a great ambassador for the university in Bubba, but I'm afraid his chance of winning a national championship is now in the rear view mirror.  And when Entz is hoisting that trophy don't forget on October 2nd we were leading the Bison with about 7 minutes left in the 3rd qtr. 

It was 4th and 1 at our own 20.  Someone on UND staff thought NDSU would automatically run their punt return team on to the field, we would leave our OL on the field and sub in Q among others.  NDSU noticed the OL move so they kept their defense on the field.  Instead of calling TO and punting we ran the Q sneak anyways and didn't make it.  Did I mention we had the lead in the 3rd quarter at our own 20?  Who the &$(^ didn't call TO and punt?  

Looking back on Bubba's coaching time at UND, it will be very easy to determine when it started to go downhill.  The entire season was downhill from that moment.  I'll shut up for awhile now.

****down 3 scores in a playoff game with about 8 minutes left?

---punts from around midfield

=game over

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

And Montana States qb inures his leg on the first drive. You can’t make this !@#$ up.

Was just going to say the same thing.

Game over shortly after it started.