SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I would assume when you say “winners”you are addressing Bubba and the staff?

As for Otis he is only about 5-6 “ and 40-50 lbs short of Leupke.

Your best players play in that situation. That’s Otis…… or was Otis . I’d take Otis over Hunter any day football performance wise!

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

We watched serious game management problems/play calling etc in almost every game after NDSU. Based on that nobody may have had the nuts to inform Bubba how “chicken sh!t” that moment was.  I still can’t believe they didn’t call a timeout when NDSU knew what was coming.

By the way when talking about programs and taking time and all the rest of the excuses, Brett Vigen at Montana State is in his first season. 

Vigen inherited a much better program  and roster than Bubba did. Kinda a big difference!

12 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Your best players play in that situation. That’s Otis…… or was Otis . I’d take Otis over Hunter any day football performance wise!

Don’t disagree.  You have made my point.  The Bison are still playing and we haven’t played for almost a month.

don’t forget the first fumble happened on a trick play with a sizable lead.  How many times had Otis practiced that play?  Otis had been awol two weeks earlier for most of that week.

I’m obviously tired of being in the top 35 of FCS when UND should always be top 10.  I also have lost faith it will happen with Bubba.  I’m a realist.

8 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

You mean the team we beat in 2019?  That team?

Vigen has put that team into the championship, we have been recruiting for a month.

Not discounting Vigens coaching ability but he wasn’t all that spectacular at WYOMING. I would say also that it is much easier to recruit top talent to MSU than UND especially when compare to their conference foes. 
Bubba had to build UND up from the rock bottom of the FCS. No excuses on our poor performance but he has elevated our program quit a bit and we could be at the top. Would hiring a Vigen bring our program across the line to finally be a top 5 team every year? Question is could we find one?

9 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Don’t disagree.  You have made my point.  The Bison are still playing and we haven’t played for almost a month.

don’t forget the first fumble happened on a trick play with a sizable lead.  How many times had Otis practiced that play?  Otis had been awol two weeks earlier for most of that week.

Let’s not compare us to the Bison in that situation. We easily could have lost like USD, SIU, Mo St, or even SDSU and some of you would never be happy with those results either! I want to be the top but I understand it’s not that easy to achieve but just firing Bubba!

10 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I’m obviously tired of being in the top 35 of FCS when UND should always be top 10.  I also have lost faith it will happen with Bubba.  I’m a realist.

Yeah dude, we get it. You're a realist. You're also a broken record saying the same sh!t over and over again. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kab said:

Would be nice to know what self analysis Bubba does of himself and the coaching staff

one coach for,the bison that makes a huge difference is Hedberg, they will lose a lot when he retires, not only a good coach but is a better person 

Do you know Hedberg personally - he was  little sketchy when he coached in St. Cloud. People change so it is good to hear that it sounds like he did. 

4 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Yeah dude, we get it. You're a realist. You're also a broken record saying the same sh!t over and over again. 

Better than an enabling apologist for the UND FB program. Plenty of those around here.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Better than an enabling UND FB program apologist. Plenty of those around here.

Or are we just sick of hearing the same thing over and over EVERYTIME somebody says anything positive. 

We all want the program to be better, we all want to win and make a deep playoff run.  Bitching about coaching every damn week when several times its the players themselves that completely f'd up gets really old.  The coaches don't get credit when the players succeed though, weird.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I’m tired of a vastly underperforming program and all the excuses some of you make.  Go back and look through my posts over the years, I had the blinders on for a long time.  

9 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Do you know Hedberg personally - he was  little sketchy when he coached in St. Cloud. People change so it is good to hear that it sounds like he did. 

Don’t know him, just seen him coaching, talking on TV, seen an article on special needs kids, look at the QBs he has coached so he must know his stuff

watched him play FB and BB in high school and getting drafted by TB

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

Ah yes, right back to the "unless you're super negative about everything and sh!t on anything positive somebody says, you're not a real fan"

If that's your interpretation go for it but didn't you just call him a realist?? 

30 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Vigen inherited a much better program  and roster than Bubba did. Kinda a big difference!

33 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Are you serious???? 

because if you are, you have no business ever offering insight into meaningful football discussions ever again in your entire life!!!

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If that's your interpretation go for it but didn't you just call him a realist?? 

Completely sarcastic. He's not a realist, he's a pessimist. Nobody is happy with the underperforming that happened this fall. Just because he feels the need to talk about it ALL THE TIME doesn't make him better than anyone. 

15 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Bitching about coaching every damn week when several times its the players themselves that completely f'd up gets really old.  The coaches don't get credit when the players succeed though, weird.  

I'm a huge Tommy fan. I'd say he succeeded a good chunck of the season inspite of the coaches....weird.

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

Completely sarcastic. He's not a realist, he's a pessimist. Nobody is happy with the underperforming that happened this fall. Just because he feels the need to talk about it ALL THE TIME doesn't make him better than anyone. 

My wife says the same thing......"it" is understood of course.