SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

A year from now will coaching clarification have been made?

will the AD situation improve?

not much we here on Sioux sports can do but wait and find out

seems like we are stuck in the mud with UND athletics 

I think that a lot of the somewhat repetitive complaining on this board is due to the fact that many believe (and probably rightly so) that absolutely nothing will change.  Meanwhile, headline and lead story in the Heraldo sports section this morning is Bison Bison Bison.  Big secondary story is Montana State and South Dakota State. (Third story is how our Men's BB program got tuned up by some college called Dixie State).  I agree that better funding is a must, but Bubba isn't exactly leading that charge either.  The optics on this program are horrible both in game experience and PR.  

You guys want Bubba to "change" at age 56 or whatever. Yet you won't stop saying the same things over and over again and won't evolve the convo past the same points over and over again with no solutions.  

Why don't you "change" and evolve onto solutions - maybe provide some answers about what he should be doing as a head coach that would solve all these unique-to-UND problems? 

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

You guys want Bubba to "change" at age 56 or whatever. Yet you won't stop saying the same things over and over again and won't evolve the convo past the same points over and over again with no solutions.  

Why don't you "change" and evolve onto solutions - maybe provide some answers about what he should be doing as a head coach that would solve all these unique-to-UND problems? 

Ummm - maybe because all of the "solutions" involve the Head Coach changing - it's pretty hard to work around him.  Here are a few - If you are not up to game clock management then appoint an assistant to do that job - rethink and revise your strategy on when to punt - have your offense ready to go after the half - just to name a few.  

2 minutes ago, Irish said:

Ummm - maybe because all of the "solutions" involve the Head Coach changing - it's pretty hard to work around him.  Here are a few - If you are not up to game clock management then appoint an assistant to do that job - rethink and revise your strategy on when to punt - have your offense ready to go after the half - just to name a few.  

The same 3 talking points.  Cool man.  "Don't do these things....". 

I am not so sure I agree about the only option is changing head coaches. I do most certainly agree about delegating some aspects to staff who feel comfortable (or have the abilities). Someone needs to pump up the players…. Seniors, asst. coaches? Someone for O and someone got D.

Clock management I defer to all of you. But repeating the same penalties all season? That is OC and DC, IMHO… or at least line coaches.

Knowing the plays and being ready…no wasted time outs… again asst. and other coaches???

And the ambiance at home games? That is an AD issue not coaching issue.

Sponsorships and give seats prizes?  We are WAY behind here. A booster club or foundation?

We need a “May Day” to the AD and Bubba needs to COACH not find free pizzas to give away. Just my thoughts from a mother’s perspective.

8 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Watched Montana State/South Dakota State game.

Montana St. QB put on a clinic.  Not sure what his stats were but he rushed for over 100 yards and passed for over 100.

Rushed for 155 and passed for 233

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

So I haven't been on the site since Friday night, came on this morning to get caught up.  I click into the 2020 NON UND Football thread......and I see 37 posts from Midwestern Hawk about Bubba and his game management, the 4th down call etc. etc. etc..  

And what did he have to say about it? I’m very curious. On the edge of my seat you could say.

• Upvote 2

On 12/17/2021 at 8:45 PM, Sioux94 said:

Well, would we rather have SDSU or MSU play SU in Frisco? SDSU has obviously proven they can beat them, but could they actually beat them when it really counted?  I think tonight's JMU - NDSU game tonight is for the Championship.  Sadly it's looking like SU again. :( 

I think SDSU would have a better shot. 

1. They aren't afraid of NDSU. They've beat NDSU twice in the last year.  

2. Lots of teams seem to take a game or two to adjust to playing NDSU. I could be wrong there though.  

There aren't many teams I worry will beat NDSU in a meaningful game. SDSU and JMU are probably the only two, maybe Montana State can add themselves to the list.  

NDSU doesn't look like a vintage iteration this year, might be the best year to play against the Bison in Texas.  

32 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I think SDSU would have a better shot. 

1. They aren't afraid of NDSU. They've beat NDSU twice in the last year.  

2. Lots of teams seem to take a game or two to adjust to playing NDSU. I could be wrong there though.  

There aren't many teams I worry will beat NDSU in a meaningful game. SDSU and JMU are probably the only two, maybe Montana State can add themselves to the list.  

NDSU doesn't look like a vintage iteration this year, might be the best year to play against the Bison in Texas.  

Two words: Brent Vigen coached at NDSU, he knows that system well because he built it with Bohl.

• Like 1