SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

25 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

MSU needs to score on first drive.  Would have made huge difference in game.  Also huge downer when qb went down. 

They got out coached and out planned like you read about.  What did you watch?  MSU was a beneficiary of the easy side of the bracket, being at home, and SDSU being exhausted by the time they got to Bozeman.

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

They got out coached and out planned like you read about.  What did you watch?  MSU was a beneficiary of the easy side of the bracket, being at home, and SDSU being exhausted by the time they got to Bozeman.

Agree.  Would have liked to have seen Tommy not get hurt, but NDSU would have still won by 15-20 points.  MSU and their Big Sky defense sucked.  I guess Vigen didn't have the balls to go for it on 4th down on the first drive.  

10 minutes ago, Irish said:

Crap - now I have to listen to Bison fans for another year - although lately it has mostly just been crowing about how good they are and wanting to challenge Alabama.  They think UND is so far beneath them that it isn't so much fun to mock us anymore.  That's why I am so frustrated about this year.  We could have shut them up a bit.

Well, just enjoy the Division 1 championship game Monday evening...prime time...on ESPN.  played in an actual American football stadium.

Remind your Bizon loving pals that you thought you saw some game on Saturday morning on ESPN 2 being played in a soccer stadium claiming to be the Division 1 championship. But, naw...  couldn't have been.  Cuz its on ESPN on Monday night.  

:D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wheelsup said:

I know we like to complain about Bubbas play calling/decisions.. but the Bobcats punted from the NDSU 28 when it was a 0-0 game on a 4th&2.. in the national championship game and just kicked a FG down 35.

jk u kidding?  the 28?

Vigen faked a field goal and had the kicker punt it from the NDSU 28 on 4th and 2 on the FIRST drive of the game.  The most gutless call in football history. 

Oh and it ended up being a touchback.  They netted 8 yards.

Would LOVE to hear Midwestern Hawk's thought on that one.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Watch the 10/2 game again . We went toe to toe with NDSU, same with SDSU, same with every FCS game we lost what’s the difference?

In one aspect NDSU isn't the same team as Miller is now their QB not Patterson who is God awful and can only do one thing which is run.

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Vigen faked a field goal and had the kicker punt it from the NDSU 28 on 4th and 2 on the FIRST drive of the game.  The most gutless call in football history. 

Oh and it ended up being a touchback.  They netted 8 yards.

Would LOVE to hear Midwestern Hawk's thought on that one.  

That's was atrocious 

2 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

In one aspect NDSU isn't the same team as Miller is now their QB not Patterson who is God awful and can only do one thing which is run.

NDSU might have one of the top 5 O-lines in all of CFB. Definitely top 10.

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

NDSU might have one of the top 5 O-lines in all of CFB. Definitely top 10.

And UND beat em up pretty good for the majority of the game.  The problem was their defensive line beat up UND's offensive line worse.  

34 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Posts like this are actually embarrassing.  You're making fun of the very game everyone here would love to play in.  Yes, we'd all love to find something of the Bison to make fun of, but this isn't it.   I'd give my eye teeth to make it to Frisco.

Seriously, your post reminds me of Kupchella and a few other UND people who made fun of NDSU back when they moved up to D1-AA and kept saying UND hockey was the only real D1 sport being played around here.    We aren't going to be playing in an FBS championship EVER.   Let's try and embrace what we have and strive to get there, even it it is a soccer stadium.    Making fun of the stadium or ESPN2 does nothing to get to that venue next year.   I hope you get my drift.

I get your drift.

You actually believe that FCS football should be categorized as D1.   It is, yes, but it shouldn't be.  It is D2 at best.  Not my fault that the NCAA caters to fools that buy into that garbage. 

Enjoy your delusion. :wink:

1 hour ago, Hawkster said:

Posts like this are actually embarrassing.  You're making fun of the very game everyone here would love to play in.  Yes, we'd all love to find something of the Bison to make fun of, but this isn't it.   I'd give my eye teeth to make it to Frisco.

Seriously, your post reminds me of Kupchella and a few other UND people who made fun of NDSU back when they moved up to D1-AA and kept saying UND hockey was the only real D1 sport being played around here.    We aren't going to be playing in an FBS championship EVER.   Let's try and embrace what we have and strive to get there, even it it is a soccer stadium.    Making fun of the stadium or ESPN2 does nothing to get to that venue next year.   I hope you get my drift.

Absolutely YES to everything here.  Playing it off as the “JV” championship (as one of my coworkers does) is a terrible outlook for UND fans. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

I get your drift.

You actually believe that FCS football should be categorized as D1.   It is, yes, but it shouldn't be.  It is D2 at best.  Not my fault that the NCAA caters to fools that buy into that garbage. 

Enjoy your delusion. :wink:

OK, so what do you propose UND do?   We aren't moving up to the SEC or even any FBS conference, so there goes a bowl game.   And I'm not sure the minor bowl games play on a better surface.   But OK, you've done some jawing, or maybe I should say trolling, let's hear your better proposal.

32 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

OK, so what do you propose UND do?   We aren't moving up to the SEC or even any FBS conference, so there goes a bowl game.   And I'm not sure the minor bowl games play on a better surface.   But OK, you've done some jawing, or maybe I should say trolling, let's hear your better proposal.

UND should stay where they are.  They belong in that lower division.   Nothing wrong with that.  The NCAA should quit pretending it is D1 and recategorize it as D2. 

The cowardly Bizon should move to FBS.  They have been playing at that level for quite a few years beating up on lesser D2 opponents and strutting around.  Time to man up and finally bring North Dakota an FBS program.  There is no honor in what they are doing. 

They'll never get to Stovokor that way... 

51 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

UND should stay where they are.  They belong in that lower division.   Nothing wrong with that.  The NCAA should quit pretending it is D1 and recategorize it as D2. 

The cowardly Bizon should move to FBS.  They have been playing at that level for quite a few years beating up on lesser D2 opponents and strutting around.  Time to man up and finally bring North Dakota an FBS program.  There is no honor in what they are doing. 

Your attitude towards this completely lacks the understanding as to why it was changed to FCS and FBS in the first place.

It is a lower division of football, no knowledgeable person would deny that. However, the old language wasn’t accurate, it designated a school into a category based on their football program(I-A, I-AA, I-AAA) and this was used against I-AA and I-AAA schools in recruiting in the other sports, where in many cases they are equal or superior to many I-A schools. eg. Gonzaga in basketball, SDSU in womens basketball.

A change was needed, there are too many Division I schools that can’t afford the financial burden of the amount of football scholarships needed, so a second tier was created and later re-named to more accurately reflect the purpose of said division.

I’m sure it makes you feel good to denigrate the division because your biggest rival has been so successful there, but it makes you look not only petty, but worse uninformed.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Your attitude towards this completely lacks the understanding as to why it was changed to FCS and FBS in the first place.

It is a lower division of football, no knowledgeable person would deny that. However, the old language wasn’t accurate, it designated a school into a category based on their football program(I-A, I-AA, I-AAA) and this was used against I-AA and I-AAA schools in recruiting in the other sports, where in many cases they are equal or superior to many I-A schools. eg. Gonzaga in basketball, SDSU in womens basketball.

A change was needed, there are too many Division I schools that can’t afford the financial burden of the amount of football scholarships needed, so a second tier was created and later re-named to more accurately reflect the purpose of said division.

I’m sure it makes you feel good to denigrate the division because your biggest rival has been so successful there, but it makes you look not only petty, but worse uninformed.

The old language was fine.  A distinction between the levels should be clear. 

What is even more clear is that if the cowardly bizon, just as in the past with both UND and NDSU, remain at the new D2, it shows no backbone for their athletic program. 

It would be shameful.  As in the past.  

40 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

The old language was fine.  A distinction between the levels should be clear. 

What is even more clear is that if the cowardly bizon, just as in the past with both UND and NDSU, remain at the new D2, it shows no backbone for their athletic program. 

It would be shameful.  As in the past.  

You’re not good at trolling pal, try a new tactic.

22 hours ago, UND1983 said:

And UND beat em up pretty good for the majority of the game.  The problem was their defensive line beat up UND's offensive line worse.  

This is pretty accurate. Outside of the Geico “he’s burping the baby” trick play, UND never sniffed the end zone. 

19 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Which conference is going to invite NDSU?