SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Willing to bet NDSU and MSU coaches are talking today and tomorrow (and the next) about "assignment sharp" and "head in the game" (false starts, etc) to their teams. 

Willing to bet NDSU and MSU coaches are reviewing their game situation plans (clock, play chart) more than once over the next couple weeks. 

One man's dead horse is the fundamentals to the guys still playing. 

Who would have known that is all it takes to win a National Championship.  

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Willing to bet NDSU and MSU coaches are talking today and tomorrow (and the next) about "assignment sharp" and "head in the game" (false starts, etc) to their teams. 

Willing to bet NDSU and MSU coaches are reviewing their game situation plans (clock, play chart) more than once over the next couple weeks. 

One man's dead horse is the fundamentals to the guys still playing. 

You apparently aren't familiar with Entz's clock management. Definitely a point on consternation among their fans. 

1 hour ago, homer said:

Who would have known that is all it takes to win a National Championship.  

It’s the details which are the difference between UND’s 2021 5-6 and lining up in Frisco in 3 weeks . Our details stink.

At MSU all we had to do was take the play clock down to a couple of seconds before each snap after going up 28-17 and we win despite both of the 4th qtr fumbles.

It’s sad because Bubba was good enough to assemble the team and get us to the threshold, just couldn’t cross it.

Bubba is a great ambassador for UND but the chances are slim he gets it done next fall.

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

This comment will be met with significant eye rolling, fairly so, but just asking a question that also reveals my opinion on the topic.

Does playing a team close or even beating another team in a single game actually indicate how close those two programs are?

Is NDSU a better program than the FBS teams it beat on any given year? 

Was USD close to NDSU in 2015 when they beat the Bison(who eventually won the national championship)

Clearly this comment is annoying and self serving, as a fan of NDSU, but I think it’s a pertinent question to ask and brought up to further the discussion.

I’d say Iowa was clearly better than NDSU and USD was clearly better than NDSU

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It’s the details which are the difference between UND’s 2021 5-6 and lining up in Frisco in 3 weeks . Our details stink.

At MSU all we had to do was take the play clock down to a couple of seconds before each snap after going up 28-17 and we win despite both of the 4th qtr fumbles.

It’s sad because Bubba was good enough to assemble the team and get us to the threshold, just couldn’t cross it.

Bubba is a great ambassador for UND but the chances are slim he gets it done next fall.

And that ladies and gentleman is your daily Bubba Bash. 

Join us tomorrow for another Bubba Bash, perhaps in the Transfer Portal thread.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, shep said:

And that ladies and gentleman is your daily Bubba Bash. 

Join us tomorrow for another Bubba Bash, perhaps in the Transfer Portal thread.

And your point is?

a.  Everyone is wrong - Bubba did a great job of game prep and coaching this year - don't believe your lying eyes

b.  Ok, Bubba did a poor job - but he is very flexible and open to input - he'll have things changed by next year for sure

c.  I know Bubba did a crappy coaching job this year and probably won't change but I don't want to talk about it any more and I don't want to hear about it from anyone else on this fan board either.  

10 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’d say Iowa was clearly better than NDSU and USD was clearly better than NDSU

https://goyotes.com/sports/football/schedule/2015

This team was better than the national champion? Only for a few hours on a single Saturday did they belong on the field with NDSU. That’s why they play the games as they say.

14 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

USD is thrilled with the job Bob has done to "get them over the hump and win it all".

About as thrilled as Delaware is with Danny Rocco after plucking him from Richmond to get them to the promised land.  

What is your basement acceptable threshold(contract extension) for Bubba in 2022? 4 wins?  5 wins?  6 wins? Playoffs?

14 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

USD is thrilled with the job Bob has done to "get them over the hump and win it all".

My point was not about the guy that got them over the hump; my point was sometimes a guy needs to realize he's not going to get a team over the hump and step down (see: Paul Maurice). 

15 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

About as thrilled as Delaware is with Danny Rocco after plucking him from Richmond to get them to the promised land.  

Danny Rocco was damaged goods when he arrived to Delaware. @GreenWing and I broke his psyche his last game at Richmond yelling unspeakable things to him during the warmup.

On 12/18/2021 at 9:37 AM, nd1sufan said:

Did you really watch the game. Miller was pretty good. Had a couple of 3rd down passes dropped the would have kept drives moving, and he didn’t have his best receiver. Not sure what this comment says about UND QB’s, because Miller’s combo or throwing and being able to run if he has to makes him much better than either F’N Hawk QB.

"pretty good"....that says it all