SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

46 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Is he really as good as Wentz, asking seriously?

wentz was a physical freak...big tall fast accurate....couldn't stay healthy in high school, college, or the nfl

trey...to be determined but he is as good as my bison friends were saying tho....he has all the tools himself. first pick don't think so but if he keeps progressing he will be picked very high imo

31 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wentz was a physical freak...big tall fast accurate....couldn't stay healthy in high school, college, or the nfl

trey...to be determined but he is as good as my bison friends were saying tho....he has all the tools himself. first pick don't think so but if he keeps progressing he will be picked very high imo

So far <knock on wood> Trey has stayed healthy (I think the worst thing he suffered in HS was a sprained ankle).

He does have all the tools and is very high character. He needs another year before I can come down and say: yes, he is going to be a top QB in the draft.* I 

I personally think he stays another year and doesn't head off to the draft until 2022 (Gets his degree and a chance to play with his bro if he goes to NDSU), but being a potential top 5-10 pick is hard to turn down. (I think Lawrence goes #1)

*I'm more comfortable with a 2 year body of work instead of 1 year, no matter how that 1 year looked like.  I think it is a little too much too soon.

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Is he really as good as Wentz, asking seriously?

Probably better than wentz.   Seems like wentz can't play more than a few games without getting hurt.   Pretty much an ongoing thing with him since his HS days.   I watched a few bison games on TV last year and Lance sure looked like the real deal.   Lance>Wentz

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

they are saying not only first round.....but first pick!

I've hear first round but who says first pick? Trevor Lawrence has been the consensus number one from basically everybody for over a year now. Lance isn't even the 2nd QB for most scouts, that would be Justin Fields. 

3 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I've hear first round but who says first pick? Trevor Lawrence has been the consensus number one from basically everybody for over a year now. Lance isn't even the 2nd QB for most scouts, that would be Justin Fields. 

i think his name is lakesbison...

21 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Daniel Jeremiah Of the NFL Network has graded Lance ahead of Lawrence and Fields. I’m not saying he would be the number 1 pick, but if he would be a top 5 or 10 pick, you can’t really take a chance and wait. That would be financial security for the rest if his life.

32 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Daniel Jeremiah Of the NFL Network has graded Lance ahead of Lawrence and Fields. I’m not saying he would be the number 1 pick, but if he would be a top 5 or 10 pick, you can’t really take a chance and wait. That would be financial security for the rest if his life.

He would be dumb not to declare for the draft if he’s really that good. Too much risk for injury that could cost him millions! Other than Mel Kiper any other big names saying he will go first round? I didn’t think I was watching the next P Mahomes last year should have paid more attention!

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He would be dumb not to declare for the draft if he’s really that good. Too much risk for injury that could cost him millions! Other than Mel Kiper any other big names saying he will go first round? I didn’t think I was watching the next P Mahomes last year should have paid more attention!

On a podcaster on the ringer network a few Legit NFL scouts where discussing QBs and they were very high on him.  I believe that one had him as the top QB and the other 2 had him in the top 2 or 3.

The scouts were saying that the other top guys only need to read half the field due to their offenses schemes.  

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Most are saying top 10. Anywhere from 1st QB to 3rd QB. Most have him higher than Fields.

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6614386-Bison-football-shooting-for-game-at-University-of-Nebraska

I may, at long last, be giving up my hatred of all things Bison based on this. 

There are many quotes, from very intelligent and introspective people, that apply to our present situation---and not just talking about playing football this fall. 

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold." - Helen Keller

We really can't avoid danger--we just think we can. Hiding under the bed isn't going to save us in the long run. The Bison program, while some may say it is driven by money (we always say that, don't we?) is leading the charge in showing us how to face the danger, not shrink from it. 

Another quote that I think applies to the Bison seeking to play football: 

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” George Bernard Shaw

The Bison athletic department is the "unreasonable man" seeking to make progress. 

So, to Hell with the nervous Nellies of the Big 10 and all those other conferences that can't bring themselves to take a risk and play. Who's to say that they are right?

GO BISON!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Big Lubowski said:

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6614386-Bison-football-shooting-for-game-at-University-of-Nebraska

There are many quotes, from very intelligent and introspective people, that apply to our present situation---and not just talking about playing football this fall. 

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold." - Helen Keller

We really can't avoid danger--we just think we can. Hiding under the bed isn't going to save us in the long run. The Bison program, while some may say it is driven by money (we always say that, don't we?) is leading the charge in showing us how to face the danger, not shrink from it. 

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” George Bernard Shaw

The Bison athletic department is the "unreasonable man" seeking to make progress. 

So, to Hell with the nervous Nellies of the Big 10 and all those other conferences that can't bring themselves to take a risk and play. Who's to say that they are right?

GO BISON!!!!!!

As the Bible says, Mr. Chaves, "Go thou and do likewise."

5 hours ago, Big Lubowski said:

GO BISON!!!!!!

LMAO

The Bison athletic department is trying to do whatever it can to get some money. Nothing more, nothing less. It has aboslutely nothing to do with right or wrong. I'd really be curious to see how closely they are following the CDC guidelines that the NCAA stated teams need to. UND360 laid out pretty well the pitfalls and impossibilities of trying to play football with those restrictions. Honestly, they are just stringing it out as long as they can. 
https://undfootball360.com/news/the-reason-why-college-football-was-postponed/ 

Nebraska isn't playing football this fall unless something drastically changes or they are stupid. The B1G commissioner already stated if they play football this fall, they will no longer be a member of the B1G. Seems like an awful dumb decision and cost yourself $50 million/year. Again, doesn't matter whether you think they are right or wrong, the decision was made as a conference. That's the price of admission.

Frankly, no one, except maybe the SEC is playing football this fall and even that would be a shocker. 

Don't get me wrong, its terrible and I'm not saying I agree with it. But I also see it for what it is.

• Upvote 3

On 8/13/2020 at 10:09 AM, Big Lubowski said:

GO BISON!!!!!!

Not even 30 hours later and NDSU has given up any attempt at playing this fall. What a shocker, who saw that coming?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nodakgirl93 said:

What does this have to do with football?

It doesn’t. Best to ignore this.... if it is dog doo doo on a sidewalk, you have a choice. Walk around it or step in it and spread it.
I will miss football this fall....

12 hours ago, Big Lubowski said:

It looks like the reason is they couldn’t find any opponents. Same result, but I give them credit for making the effort.

No. They were offered games but the price wasn't to their liking whether it be home or away. If it was all about "bring on the competition", that wouldn't have been a factor. 

10 hours ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Or they just milked it as long as they could knowing full well, given the stringent protocol, what the eventual outcome would be. Now the story can be, "we wanted to play but nobody would agree to play us.." So very Bison of them

Yep

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Or they just milked it as long as they could knowing full well, given the stringent protocol, what the eventual outcome would be. Now the story can be, "we wanted to play but nobody would agree to play us.." So very Bison of them

Don’t you mean “ we wanted to play but everyone else is afraid to play us” ? 

• Upvote 2