SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

15 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Don’t you mean “ we wanted to play but everyone else is afraid to play us” ? 

Yep.....on the news tonight they interviewed a Bison player, and that is basically what he said.....something like...."this is the only bad thing about playing for NDSU......nobody wants to play us"....insinuating that everyone out there is afraid to play them.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/15/2020 at 11:08 PM, Sioux94 said:

Yep.....on the news tonight they interviewed a Bison player, and that is basically what he said.....something like...."this is the only bad thing about playing for NDSU......nobody wants to play us"....insinuating that everyone out there is afraid to play them.  

Bison PTSD (Pre-Traumatic Stress Disorder).  It was a real thing in Eugene Oregon.

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Its still amazing how the entire country was scared to play NDSU.  So much so that it ended their season cause there were no games!  - The Forum.

I thought the whole country wants to play the Bison and have them at the top of their wish lists every year! Everyone knows who the Bison are.......well except for my coworkers in OK and TX who have never heard of the Bison or Trey Lance......

Anyone know why Bubbles and Chaves couldn't wait to hang it up this fall?  Canceled the money game which KS is still playing this fall.  What are you guys afraid of?  God knows you could have used the extra practices this fall.  Going to be so fun to watch the MVFC piss pound you for the foreseeable future.

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Anyone know why Bubbles and Chaves couldn't wait to hang it up this fall?  Canceled the money game which KS is still playing this fall.  What are you guys afraid of?  God knows you could have used the extra practices this fall.  Going to be so fun to watch the MVFC piss pound you for the foreseeable future.

YdemFjJ.gif

14 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Simple Dan!!!  

29 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Bison didn't try a home and away with the Fargo Invadors, yet.  Maybe reach out to the Lingerie Football  League.  I feel you could of reached out more to convince everyone NDSU is the only team that wanted to play this fall.

5 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

I knew you couldn't answer it.  Where's Millers column on it?

It's almost as if the University that employs the state's Chief Health Strategist is more aware of the current environment than the other research university in the state.

35 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Maybe they are just smarter than certain counterparts and understood the realities and finances didn't add up to playing this fall?  They didn't try to stretch it out a few extra weeks to decieve their fans?

Anyone know why NDSU keeps claiming "anyone, anywhere" yet turned down multiple offers to play because "they were lowballed" or "teams were asking too much"? Seems to me there were options for games and NDSU turned them down. Larsen and Entz did a little dog and pony show to pretend they wanted to play even though they knew it wasn't going to happen, making them no different than almost every other FCS team.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

How many FCS schools canceled a 450,000.00 money game?  You guys want to be a player in FCS, then you'll need to step up.

So, tell us why NDSU has not gone after a Big 12 or SEC game, then? K State might have an opening...

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Maybe they are just smarter than certain counterparts and understood the realities and finances didn't add up to playing this fall?  They didn't try to stretch it out a few extra weeks to decieve their fans?

Anyone know why NDSU keeps claiming "anyone, anywhere" yet turned down multiple offers to play because "they were lowballed" or "teams were asking too much"? Seems to me there were options for games and NDSU turned them down.

Really getting ready to play KS would have hurt the players or finances?  These players are possibly more at risk now.  Man, as a fan you didn't want them to play?

3 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Really getting ready to play KS would have hurt the players or finances?  These players are possibly more at risk now.  Man, as a fan you didn't want them to play?

No, the charade of pretending the game was going to be played would have hurt finances and possibly hurt players. 

There is not a single person that didn't want to play them. 

I'll wait on your answer why NDSU didn't take the games available to them though. "Anyone, anywhere......as long it is convenient for us"

Just now, zonadub said:

So, tell us why NDSU has not gone after a Big 12 or SEC game, then? K State might have an opening...

And you know that they didn't.  If anyone of those teams in those conf. would have ,made it financially feasible I'm sure they would have.

Just now, jdub27 said:

No, the charade of pretending the game was going to be played would have hurt finances and possibly hurt players. 

There is not a single person that didn't want to play them. 

You do know that KS rescheduled the game with Ark State. 

37 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Is that wrong?  With a young team I would have thought more practices or games the better.

I agree with you.  Why not get the practices in, make some money, and get some of the young guys game experience.  Two potential answers: the first is the risk of media backlash when players inevitably test positive, and the potential for litigation as a result, as well as the potential image that UND doesn't care about it's players.  The second is that Chaves didn't think that UND would be able to follow the NCAA rules in regard to covid testing, and he expressed this concern in his most recent podcasts.  UND has tried to buy the testing equipment needed so that the athletic department could test in-house, but they were unable to buy the necessary equipment needed to turn test around in a short time frame, because that equipment was being sent by the companies to locations that have been hit harder by covid.  Chaves did not want to half-assed follow the NCAA guidelines and ask for forgiveness later.  The third wild card answer is what did the players want to do?  Were a significant portion of them opposed to playing, and would they have felt "used" for a money grab?  This would be another risk for negative press, and it could hurt team morale.  For the record, I think this whole thing is overblown, and every team should play in the fall, but there are legit reasons for cancelling the fall season, and Chaives may think not playing is BS as well, but the risk just isn't worth the reward.

• Upvote 1